Parkinson

D-train

Re: Parkinson

Post by D-train » Fri May 01, 2020 10:58 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:59 am
if its good enough for a 42 year old Brady, seems like it could be good enough for a tight end

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... offseason/
A few more years? If he is worried about absorbing hits at age 42 he should be happy with a few more months.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 01, 2020 10:59 am

Donn Beach wrote:
if its good enough for a 42 year old Brady, seems like it could be good enough for a tight end

The Bucs should covert him to an option QB!
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 01, 2020 2:17 pm

Donn Beach wrote:

Yep, because being built like Brady is the goal. Good lord. You keep holding your breath thinking this guy is going to add a large amount of muscle, change his body in a great way, and still be a stud pass catcher.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 01, 2020 3:23 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:17 pm
Donn Beach wrote:

Yep, because being built like Brady is the goal. Good lord. You keep holding your breath thinking this guy is going to add a large amount of muscle, change his body in a great way, and still be a stud pass catcher.
PC could have said he wanted him to transition into Connie Parkinson and it would have been defended.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 01, 2020 3:32 pm

When did Parkinson become a stud pass catcher?...and when did it become adding a large amount of muscle and change his body in a great way?...and why would adding muscle mean he could no longer catch football?..and that was the case then why was the deal with DK?

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 01, 2020 3:35 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:32 pm
When did Parkinson become a stud pass catcher?...and when did it become adding a large amount of muscle and change his body in a great way?...and why would adding muscle mean he could no longer catch football?..and that was the case then why was the deal with DK?
DK is a freak! :)
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri May 01, 2020 3:46 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Parkinson is a stud pass catcher.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 01, 2020 3:48 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
So, they drafted a receiving TE that wasn't a stud pass catcher? Now it is really a curious move. Did you watch him at Stanford? Did you watch any tape? It is almost all of him spread out wide and creating a mismatch with his size...and he is quick. I don't know that he maintains that by trying to gain weight. Once again, do you think Pete Carroll is the first guy to ever tell him he should add muscle? Have you ever tried to do it? Because I have, and it isn't as easy as eating protein and lifting weights. Especially for guys with the body frame this kid has. People see skinny guys and think it would be easy to just add muscle. I have been in the fitness industry for years. When I was selling membership, 50% of who I dealt with needed to lose body fat. 25% wanted to stay the way they were, just enjoyed exercise, blah blah. The other 25% were people very frustrated because try and they may, they can't add weight. And specifically the right kind.

Add in that this is the same coach that traded Max Unger for a pass catching TE who was all ready an All Pro and tried to turn him into a three point stance inline blocker, and the fact that we are antiquated in beliefs beyond rational thought? I'd say this is bad optics. Let's draft a pass catcher and in our first statment about the kid talk about how he is too skinny and we need him to bulk up so he can be a better blocker. A. Not as easy as Sunshine up everyone's ass PC thinks. B. Isn't a requirement. I understand I have never coached in the NFL...but I have coached enough football to know that simply being bigger doesn't mean you are a better blocker. If Pete can't figure out a technique to make this kid a better blocker, and he feels like we needed 15 TEs and all of them need to be blockers (why draft two thin slot type TEs then?) then he should have used his draft capital in a different way!

Your constant support of every effing BS sound byte this organization throws out is funny. You actually tell us we don't want to draft Pro Bowlers!? Well, job well done guys! Maybe we don't draft Pro Bowlers because when we get them in here we want then to do the things they aren't best at!?

The optics were bad. Yeah, we like this kid, but he is too skinny to be an NFL TE. Then draft someone else you effing senile SOB! We need help next year, this kid can't be anywhere near the training facility or training table, but we have a plan to ask a young dude to add weight, on his own when he is in quarantine. Sounds like the built in excuse to me. Our young guys either suffer a set back with a bad finger and can't seem to get reps at RB(Penny), suffer what they THOUGHT would be a season ending injury yet show up during the season as a healthy scratch (LJ) or now? He was too skinny. Bullshit.

And, in your opinion when you look at DK and Parkinson they have similar body types? Jesus...why don't you just compare him to the Guard we just drafted. DK has been that type of guy his entire life....so has Parkinson. The difference is we didn't draft DK and decide in order to run all the routes he needs to trim down some. BUT, that is about what they are saying now about Parkinson.

KingCorran

Post by KingCorran » Fri May 01, 2020 9:40 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:46 pm

Parkinson is a stud pass catcher.
This.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 02, 2020 12:34 am

well to me a stud pass catcher wouldn't last until the seventh round