Dunbar's in the pokey

D-train

Re: Dunbar's in the pokey

Post by D-train » Mon May 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:50 pm
okay, I meant OJ being held responsible for the murder in a civil court. His wife's family getting the judgement against him even though he was found innocent in a criminal court. The NFL can set a lower bar
Yeah I got that. Yes the NFL bar seems to be if lower than the Civil Bar. Speaking of, interesting that still no word on Gordon's fate.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 18, 2020 2:04 pm

this the other day, Clayton on the Hawk cap situation...
Wide receiver
This isn’t a big need and the Seahawks could go into the season with the group they currently have. One interesting addition could be Josh Gordon. Gordon is on suspension and there is no timetable to determine when or if the suspension will be lifted.

The league is moving slow on reinstating Gordon, Randy Gregory and Aldon Smith. With the league working on plans for the regular season and the offseason, it may take some time before they get to these suspended players.

Gordon liked it in Seattle last year and the Seahawks liked him. He could be a bonus addition to compete for the third receiver job.
https://sports.mynorthwest.com/841726/c ... l-4-needs/

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon May 18, 2020 2:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:29 pm
As I have mentioned, this was nearly an identical crime as OJ and he did 9 years. This isn't a DUI or DV. Armed robbery is usually 5 years minimum for first offense.
Murder is a bit more than that.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 18, 2020 2:52 pm

he was found innocent of murder

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 18, 2020 3:02 pm

D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:25 pm
yeah, the NFL does its own investigations, they have a lower level of guilt so to speak, like a civil suit, lower bar, think OJ.
As I have mentioned, this was nearly an identical crime as OJ and he did 9 years. This isn't a DUI or DV. Armed robbery is usually 5 years minimum for first offense.
I was thinking that it reminded me of OJ, like they didn't seem to think the police would be involved. OJ seemed to think he could just go get his shit back. Think there is more to this than a simple robbery, the argument, maybe he felt he was cheated. He probably felt he was evening some score more than it simply being a rip off...Baker that is

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon May 18, 2020 3:44 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:52 pm
he was found innocent of murder
I was talking about the actual crime.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 18, 2020 3:53 pm

are they admitting to the gambling? That is a given isn't it? That is illegal one would think, that could be something the NFL brings up. I don't think Dunbar makes it out of it without a suspension

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 18, 2020 4:12 pm

asked my brother the criminal lawyer, seems to think its pretty routine
this case seems like it has a major back story that I haven't heard but I'm pretty sure it'll be dropped. As for witness tampering, I try to get affidavits from CWs all the time. Especially in these emotional arrests involving "friends", everybody cools down and reconsiders.
asked what a CW was, and if the lawyer could get in trouble for influencing a witness, helps that they changed their story quickly i guess
CW is complaining witness, the "victim ". Investigating and getting witness statements is actually mandatory, not to do so might be malpractice. But yes, offering money or threats would be tampering. I think it's a little different if its before indictment. The DA doesn't have a monopoly on investigating a new case but if a week before trial all the witnesses change their story, that could be a problem.
interestingly he brings up OJ, those CW's didn't change their story
Remember the OJ case. That had a big back story, but those CWs didn't change their story.(maybe nobody asked them) and OJ lost. Of course that was only payback for "getting away with murder."

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 18, 2020 4:47 pm

Levine on the headache it is for the Hawks, the suspension could be a bigger headache than if he had just gone away, they are basically frozen now, waiting to hear from the commissioner

https://q13fox.com/2020/05/17/commentar ... -seahawks/

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon May 18, 2020 4:52 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:20 pm
D-train wrote:
Murder is a bit more than that.
Oops never mind. I had forgotten about the armed robbery incident with OJ. Did he really get 9 years for that? I thought you were talking about the civil suit from the double murder.