Total votes: 16

SeattleAddict

Re: QB poll

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:06 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:55 am
SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:41 am
DT, if they sign Geno, I think he'll be the starter day 1. I like Lock's personality, but not his resume. Geno at least gets us close to a .500 team. I think Lock loses us more games than he wins, and we probably lose all the ones in between.

I hope I'm wrong about this.
NFW the trade RW for another starting QB and sit him on the bench behind Geno who is 6 years older. I shall bet any amount of money on this.
Lock is and was a backup QB. He couldn't beat out Teddy Bridgewater (Broncos actual starting QB), which tells you where he stands. I am of the opinion that he was brought in to be a backup and that is all he'll ever be - but will be more than happy to eat crow if he balls out.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:14 pm

If we roll out Geno I never, ever, ever want to hear Pete talking about competing for a championship again. That would be a flat out lie, having Geno as the starter proves they are playing for a draft pick move-up. Geno has proven over and over and over he is not a leader. He is not a good QB, he doesn't make good decisions on or off the field. He is a backup, and heck couldn't even produce as a backup.

I feel the same way about Lock. I just don't want to hear the drivel out of Pete about competing for a championship rolling out two guys proven not to be winners. Just not proven over one year, but multiple.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:33 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:08 pm
I'll take.
Sweet. Obviously if Geno isn't on the roster its a wash.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:35 pm

Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:30 pm
You changed your wording so i'll take under the following conditions:

1. If either Lock or Geno is injured and and doesn't win the job the bet is off.
2. If someone else not currently on the roster wins the job the bet is off.
Agreed. Both Lock and Geno have to be healthy and on the roster and one of them has to start the first game. Lock, I win. Geno you win.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:05 pm

Sounds good. I think the fact they held on to Waldren gives the edge to Geno. His experience in running this crap offense should really pay off. 👍

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:33 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:35 pm
Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:30 pm
You changed your wording so i'll take under the following conditions:

1. If either Lock or Geno is injured and and doesn't win the job the bet is off.
2. If someone else not currently on the roster wins the job the bet is off.
Agreed. Both Lock and Geno have to be healthy and on the roster and one of them has to start the first game. Lock, I win. Geno you win.
either way, I think we all lose.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:05 pm

Lock and Geno are both lose lose situations. Just sad

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:13 pm

Gametime wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:14 pm
If we roll out Geno I never, ever, ever want to hear Pete talking about competing for a championship again. That would be a flat out lie, having Geno as the starter proves they are playing for a draft pick move-up. Geno has proven over and over and over he is not a leader. He is not a good QB, he doesn't make good decisions on or off the field. He is a backup, and heck couldn't even produce as a backup.

I feel the same way about Lock. I just don't want to hear the drivel out of Pete about competing for a championship rolling out two guys proven not to be winners. Just not proven over one year, but multiple.
Ok, so, name a Qb available that will come here on THIS team and we compete for a Championship? We would have to trade more draft picks that we acquired to even get better than last year, and I don't care if Pat Mahomes or Tom Brady were QBing last year, we weren't winning a Ship.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:35 pm

I dunno. I feel like the AFC keeps getting better, and all the NFC teams are getting weaker. Feels like this year would be a chance to take a mediocre roster and win. The Rams and Bucs are in salary cap hell, the Packers have no WR, the 49ers have a very unproven QB, the Cardinals have a disgruntled QB.

Not arguing your point about the roster - as it stands now, I don't see this team winning more than 2 or 3 games, tops. But that's not really fair, since free agency is still very much ongoing, the draft hasn't started, and all the pre-season cuts we like to pick up haven't been made. The roster on opening day is going to look drastically different.

Right now, we don't know who our CB1 is, EITHER tackle, or the QB will be. We just cut all of our DEs. There is a LOT we don't know.

What if, hypothetically, they draft Sauce or Thibodeaux to fill those holes, re-sign Brown for a season, and then pull off a shock blockbuster for Tom Brady? Or Kyler Murray? That's a lot of "ifs" but not impossible. Brady un-retiring felt like a strange move, and Kyler basically pulled a Russ - extremely unlikely, of course, especially with the don't-trade-with-division-rivals thing. Alternately, what if we find a 3rd round Russell Wilson again? Somebody like Ridder or Howell or Stong?

Point is, it's POSSIBLE that this team could compete. Right now, there is nothing to indicate it, but a lot will happen between now and then.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:42 pm

The two moves you mentioned and Kyler Murray, IMO, don't make us a Championship team...not to mention, we aren't getting a Brady or Murray without giving up the draft capital we sorely need to get the guy you mentioned.

Again, there is no QB available that takes us from also ran 7 seed pretender to a Championship team. So, I am really not that concerned about staring Gino or Lock.