The problem with Geno

Donn Beach

Re: The problem with Geno

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:03 am

I think that's what drives you crazy about Pete. Seems more personality driven. Opposing coaches are seen as more technically driven, more in control. I think too there is a basic underlying strategy that drives you nuts. If Pete can control certain aspects of a game he feels it gives him a better chance to win. It's like playing a system in Vegas, there is a layer to it that isn't obvious. It's interesting too like the axiom, a good coach puts players in position to succeed. Isn't that what Pete does? Looking at RW, and now Geno. He figures out a way to put them in position to win and they generally do.

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:06 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:39 pm
I mean, if yesterday was the best they could do as a response to the humiliating beatdown of the previous week then i don't know how anyone can think they're headed anywhere other than the ongoing purgatory of dysfunctionality (with occasional outbursts of excellence that fool people into thinking they are progressing) that has characterized much of the past 7 seasons.
My "Dangerous Playoff Team" delusions were shattered with the Ravens game as well. I thought our defense was better.
Playing down to an average team like the Redskins is a Pete hallmark, so that doesn't surprise me.
But getting back to Geno - he is a problem. Tonight watching the Broncos, I actually missed RW for the first time.
I love this team and it could be a lot worse, but unless the defense lives up to their promise, Geno isn't leading this team
to a deep playoff run.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:58 am

They need to throw to the middle of the field more. Those slants to DK on the last drive seemed almost unstoppable.

Assuming a 7 yard drop back he only needs to throw it 17 yards to gain 10 yards assuming no Yac. To gain 10 yards on a sideline route assuming no YAC, you have to throw the length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle with one side being the same 17 yards x 1/2 the width of a football fields which is 27 yards.
To find the hypotenuse, add the squares of the other sides, then take the square root. To find a shorter side, subtract the squares of the other sides, then take the square root

17x17 + 27x27 = 1010

Square root of 1010 = 31.8 yards.

So to gain the same 10 yards you need to throw it 32 years instead of 17 yards.

Yet most of DKs routes seem to be low % sideline routes and they are still in love with sideways passes throwing 25 yards to gain about 3 yards.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:29 pm

From nfl.com:

ranking.png
ranking.png (157.34 KiB) Viewed 1817 times

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:56 pm

The Seahawks D has gotten worse since adding Williams. Hard to figure out what the hell the problem is.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:20 pm

Something on how Williams is being used
The previous week in his Seahawks debut at Baltimore, defensive coordinator Clint Hurtt had Williams playing mostly running downs inside at tackle. On the sack he got Sunday, he entered on third down to be a pass rusher after being on the sidelines for first and second downs. That’s the versatility and play-making the Seahawks traded two picks for — and why they intend to re-sign him to a contract extension after this season.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:45 pm

douche wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:29 pm
From nfl.com:

ranking.png
At least we know Geno has the ability to be good. Just needs to get more consistent. Not sure if he can especially against good Defenses.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:46 pm

douche wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:29 pm
From nfl.com:

ranking.png
Kenneth Walker's game? HUH? He had one catch! Other than that they have absolutely no idea how to get him involved. And that catch? He wasn't the main option, he was a dump off and he did it all on his own. Oh, but on third downs? In hurry up? THAT guy comes off the field. I HATE this staff. But? Pete doesn't, and that's all that matters. Pete is comfortable, so all's right with the world.

In the past two games Ken Walker has 28 carries for 79 yards and 2 catches for 65 yards. One TD, a 64 yard catch where he did it ALL by himself. But we don't want him on the field during passing downs. The game before that he had a whopping 8 carries and 1 catch. We had 13 carries TOTAL by backs. In a game we never trailed by more than 3!

Who ever wrote that shit is clueless. Did they mean to say Ken Walker's ONE PLAY? Walker was the best player on the field a lot last year, and is a fucking after thought this year unless they ask him to sniff the ass of the Center on first down.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:52 pm

dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:35 pm

Interesting they mention Geno. My son is now very high on Jayden Daniels. I am very bias towards Penix, so trying to remove that in my evaluation. I'd take either on of them I suppose, but I get this sickness in my gut thinking of taking a QB in the first round knowing that I am still going to have to watch Geno play QB for at least most of the season next year!

I just KNOW that in that case? I will spend the entire year looking at the players taken after the QB and wondering what if!