Adams good as gone

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Adams good as gone

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:50 pm

Guess he isn't a fan of football. Don't all professional sports require players to wear uniforms and do what the coaches tell them to do? :?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:02 pm

Maybe they told him to stay home. This to me is another of many ridiculous issues that comes up with the new internet connected age. How it can amplify the tiniest issues. He needed to be there to support his team, really? His teammates are professionals going about their jobs. Do they give a shit if Adams is there or not, would they even know? Other than being fodder for internet content who cares if he went to the game or not

douche

Post by douche » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:19 am

There's an undeniable gap between being a highly paid player and the illusion of freedom. All of these players have egos but the smart ones know and realize that the league is their meal ticket. And they accept their position within that framework in order to get paid.

Adams, however, feels that he's more than that. He sees himself as a free man, one who is able to express himself in any way he sees fit, without repercussion. What Adams doesn't understand is that he actually doesn't have that freedom. He still answers to 'the man'. The only reason he can make millions of dollars is because he possesses/provides a level of football talent that most people can't. And that talent resides within the pro sports/NFL framework. Outside of that, Adams hasn't got much. I hope he's invested his NFL money wisely.

On the other hand, self-made billionaires might be the only ones on the planet who have true freedom, the ability to express themselves freely. And even they have to be careful because certain comments can hurt their businesses (In April 2014, NBA owner Donald Sterling was banned from the NBA for life and fined $2.5 million by the league after private recordings of him making racist comments were made public.).

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:08 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:02 pm
Maybe they told him to stay home. This to me is another of many ridiculous issues that comes up with the new internet connected age. How it can amplify the tiniest issues. He needed to be there to support his team, really? His teammates are professionals going about their jobs. Do they give a shit if Adams is there or not, would they even know? Other than being fodder for internet content who cares if he went to the game or not
Maybe Adams can Baby sit??? :lol: Instead of shitting himself on the field he can clean a couple poopy diapers.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... st-titans/
dt

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:34 pm

Looks like Joey hunt cares more for the team than Adams does.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:52 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:58 am

Evils? They are profiding entertainment, and they get paid according. There's the music business, the movie business, the sports business, that's the major areas isn't it. You have an issue with entertainment in general or just athletics supplying entertainment
Entertainment = “enter the mind”. Neither music, sports, or hollyweird are 100% evil. But they are laced with elements of evil, propaganda, divisiveness, and distraction.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:00 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:50 pm
Guess he isn't a fan of football. Don't all professional sports require players to wear uniforms and do what the coaches tell them to do? :?
I used to be a raging Seattle sports fan including Seahawks. I reduced my consumption levels of all sports related content by about 90%. I mostly just check scores and standings and tune in for a few games per year. I haven’t cut all ties or hate sports. I just don’t get too wrapped up in it, which has helped me personally.

All sports require some do what you’re told elements, but football ranks the highest imo. It’s the closest thing to a military style operation. It drives home the point that success comes from following orders and it drives home an us vs them mentality.