Breaking News: Diggs and Adams kicked to the curb

Michael K.

Re: Breaking News: Diggs and Adams kicked to the curb

Post by Michael K. » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:12 pm

douche wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:26 pm
Brooks has 50 more tackles, but Queen has twice as many sacks, forced fumbles and fumble recoveries. And 3 more INTs.

But Queen has never been better than Brooks?
Brooks has more tackles because our defense is on the field probably 30 more plays a game than Baltimore's! Haha. When you never force a punt you end up making a lot of tackles.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:17 pm

I don't pay for the premium PFF, so I can't see snaps played last year. But Brooks was 36th in the league in solo tackles last year and 25th in assisted tackles. Queen was 19th and 25th in those areas. That said? They both had a pick and a forced fumble, but Brooks had 6 sacks to Queen's 4. So, it might not be as big of a gap as I first thought. But zero chance Brooks is the better LB. It was a foolish pick then and it has been the entirety of both of their careers. Hell, I wouldn't even have wanted Queen! At the time we played a 4 3 defense and had the best MLB in the game! So, we drafted a MLB and moved him outside...so he could become an OLB that didn't rush the passer and was shitty in pass coverage. Great call.

Obviously he got better rushing the passer though. Six sacks is pretty darn good for an ILB.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:27 pm

The Brooks Groupies just won't let it go. LOL
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:36 pm

Jones not a fan of PFF. lol I bet if they gave him a rating in the 80s he would think they are the smartest guys on earth. lol
dt

douche

Post by douche » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:08 pm

These guys sound like the Geno apologists.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:24 pm

Brooks better the Queen?? What are these people watching??

Brooks is a one trick pony. Nice player. But, that’s it.

Queen can play at all 3 levels. Brooks flat out can’t— before or after knee injury.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:43 pm

They are just blind homers is all I can come up with. I didn't even like Brooks when he was good, which hasn't been often...
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:32 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:43 pm
They are just blind homers is all I can come up with. I didn't even like Brooks when he was good, which hasn't been often...
He never had a chance. Drafting a run stuffing MLB (Brooks) when you have Bobby Wagner is almost as stupid as drafting a Project RB (C Mike) when you already have Lynch and Turbin. Oops. But, but...what about depth!? Draft for depth later. We throw away so many early picks on projects like C Mike, Brooks, Irvin, the other "Edge" guy because he had a good practice at the Senior Bowl, Ifedi to move to Guard....blah blah. I have really liked the last few drafts, and it's because we stopped getting cute. I really think that Schneider finally told Pete to shut up and sit in the corner.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:44 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:21 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:44 pm
I could never understand why they signed that guy...
Boy, the buss was real though. I wonder if this is a case of a guy going full on Albert Haynesworth and just not caring anymore after he got paid. Playing interior D Line is rough. If you don't give a shit?
Haynesworth syndrome is possible, but absent real evidence i'll just chalk that one up to a long-ball cut swing and miss. Dre had flashed but not produced a full fledged star season or he wouldnt have been affordable. JSPC were betting on the come before he ever got to that price range, he never did, that's poker. I'm alright with the strikeouts if the home runs come with it, maybe the next guy will be.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:35 am

Still don’t like drafting back to back second round RBs. Get a rb late. Don’t waste another 2nd. Hope they was a Pete directive.