Post Mortem: Seahawks v Big Easy

D-train

Re: Post Mortem: Seahawks v Big Easy

Post by D-train » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:30 pm

If Pete Carroll was to show any more support for Chris Carson than he already is, he’d be picketing in front of Seahawks headquarters wearing a sandwich board with a blue number 32 on it.

The Seahawks’ coach stated firmly—for, oh, about the 32nd time already this week—that he is not replacing Carson as his lead running back for Sunday’s NFC West game at Arizona following his fourth fumble in three games.

Carroll was asked on Wednesday what his conversations have been like with Carson since he lost a fumble last weekend against New Orleans. The Saints returned it for a touchdown. That put Seattle behind for good midway through the second quarter of Carroll’s first September home loss in 10 seasons as Seahawks coach.

“Here’s all I’m going to say about that: You’re going to see absolute support for our guy,” Carroll said before Wednesday’s practice.

“He’s a great football player. We love him. You’re going to see what that looks like. There’s been a lot of players over the years, through the ages, that have had issues, at times. They put it to rest and it’s behind them and all that. That’s what’s going to happen here.

“You will not see me waver in my support for Chris and belief in the guy as a football player. That’s been the conversation. That’s the only message he needs to hear from me.”
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:09 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:08 pm
Not sure where you got that quote, but Penny still isn't practicing from a hammy injury during a walk through, and the coaches themselves back Carson. Why would they back Carson if "everyone else" seed the supreme ability in Penny, and the guy starting has as many fumbles as games played?

Slapping one quote out there and saying everyone sees it but me is ludicrous. If the coaches see it, why are they still "1,000 percent behind Carson"?
Carroll is 100% behind Carson. There's no quotes from other coaches there. That's all it takes. Quote cane from John Gilbert of Field Gulls. Breaks down alot of game film. Not sure why you say Penny has bad vision when there is nothing there to justify it. It's like saying Poona Ford takes plays off. There is nothing in the game film to make that statement credible. It's like you pulled it out of thin air.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:11 pm

ThePro wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:09 pm
Not sure why you say Penny has bad vision when there is nothing there to justify it. It's like saying Poona Ford takes plays off. There is nothing in the game film to make that statement credible. It's like you pulled it out of thin air.
Nothing there to justify it besides watching him run into the butts of his Offensive Lineman?

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:19 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:11 pm
ThePro wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:09 pm
Not sure why you say Penny has bad vision when there is nothing there to justify it. It's like saying Poona Ford takes plays off. There is nothing in the game film to make that statement credible. It's like you pulled it out of thin air.
Nothing there to justify it besides watching him run into the butts of his Offensive Lineman?
He's never done that .. not even once. They have to block for him. It's not like there is gaping holes and he is going the wrong way like you are implying.