Post Mortem: Seahawks v Desert Dunces

trharder

Re: Post Mortem: Seahawks v Desert Dunces

Post by trharder » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:02 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:23 am
exactly, there are all sorts of things, that in my mind erode the product. I didn't bring up player health in the first place, but that gets to be the debate, that its debatable seems to me reason enough not to bother with it. I do not see any reason for having games on Thursday. 'For me its just another money grab that as far as I know erodes the product.
The only reason I need is I think it's stupid to have an NFL game on Thursday. Even with the weakening of the product brought on by Goodell, the NFL is still king. There is no reason to have games on Thursday. I admit I don't give it much thought when it's two teams not called the Seahawks, but I despise what it does to the flow of a team's season. I don't like bye-weeks either. I don't like London either.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:18 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
exactly, there are all sorts of things, that in my mind erode the product. I didn't bring up player health in the first place, but that gets to be the debate, that its debatable seems to me reason enough not to bother with it. I do not see any reason for having games on Thursday. 'For me its just another money grab that as far as I know erodes the product.
All ratings are up including Thursday night. Businesses exist to grab money. If any company on earth could make significantly more money by providing a slightly lesser product once a week, 99.9% of them would do it.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:19 pm

trharder wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:02 am
Donn Beach wrote:
The only reason I need is I think it's stupid to have an NFL game on Thursday. Even with the weakening of the product brought on by Goodell, the NFL is still king. There is no reason to have games on Thursday. I admit I don't give it much thought when it's two teams not called the Seahawks, but I despise what it does to the flow of a team's season. I don't like bye-weeks either. I don't like London either.
Perfectly reasonable opinion.
dt

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:38 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:18 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
All ratings are up including Thursday night. Businesses exist to grab money. If any company on earth could make significantly more money by providing a slightly lesser product once a week, 99.9% of them would do it.
TNF makes sense from a business perspective. Also, for people who are really into watching several games per week, it may actually enhance their experience. (Quantity over Quality) I side with the complainers. I don't care about maxing out the NFL's profits. It's not like they're in some sort of jeopardy of running out of business. For customers of the product such as myself, the NFL can go F themselves with their TNF.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:23 pm

Add Carson to the list:
“I like Thursday-night games. I’m gonna be real with you,” Carson said. “I like Thursday-night games because the practices aren’t as intense — the games are hard, physically — but you get that time off afterwards. I like that time.”

There wasn’t a “Competition Wednesday” for the Seahawks during practice this week. There wasn’t really a competition anything. If you just played Sunday, and your next game is Thursday, you’re not enduring anything more than some glorified walk-throughs.

The reason, of course, is because players are still recovering from the bruisings they took in their last game, which you’d think would leave them vulnerable on Thursday nights. But according to data over the past five years, NFL injuries occur slightly less often on four days’ rest than they do on seven.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:54 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:23 pm
Add Carson to the list:
“I like Thursday-night games. I’m gonna be real with you,” Carson said. “I like Thursday-night games because the practices aren’t as intense — the games are hard, physically — but you get that time off afterwards. I like that time.”

There wasn’t a “Competition Wednesday” for the Seahawks during practice this week. There wasn’t really a competition anything. If you just played Sunday, and your next game is Thursday, you’re not enduring anything more than some glorified walk-throughs.

The reason, of course, is because players are still recovering from the bruisings they took in their last game, which you’d think would leave them vulnerable on Thursday nights. But according to data over the past five years, NFL injuries occur slightly less often on four days’ rest than they do on seven.
Basically most of the Hawks don't make excuses. Refs, time zones, Thursday night... like their coach.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:28 pm

ThePro wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:54 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:23 pm
Add Carson to the list:

Basically most of the Hawks don't make excuses. Refs, time zones, Thursday night... like their coach.
Exactly. Probably why they are 8-1 on Thursdays. btw Bell said they the Clink Turf is new this year. That is why Carson had issues with his cleats. Not making excuses or anything. ;)
dt