Our non existent pass rush

D-train

Re: Our non existent pass rush

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:49 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:43 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:34 pm
and the fact is the Hawks is a team that wins games in the second half, but they do not get credit for making adjustment or even winning i guess, they should have won them in the first half
Maybe try to win the game in the first half. That wouldn't kill them would it? You can't win a game until the 4th quarter is the stupidest mantra I have ever heard. Go watch the Playoff game against Carolina and tell me when they won that game? The Panthers sealed it in about the middle of the 2nd quarter and curled up into a ball because the rest of the game didn't matter. All because we consider a punt in the first half a win because we didn't turn the ball over.
PC will probably point to the Atlanta game and say, "See what happens when you try to win games in the first half!"
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:11 pm

I believe the only coach that has won more games since Pete took over the Hawks is Belichick? Its not like his style has been a disaster. Sure you could help him improve on it, doubt he would want to listen

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:30 pm

and they seem to play better the second half of the season, here is PC trying to explain that...
the Seahawks have traditionally been a better team in the second half of seasons than in the first. Since 2012, the Seahawks are 37-21-1 in September and October games, and they’re 44-17 after the calendar changes to November, not a massive difference, but a significant one.
“Counting on finishing really strong,” Carroll said. “I honestly don’t know exactly why that happens, but it’s happened at SC, too. Something is happening. Something is going on. What I do attribute it to is the commitment to the young guys and playing guys early. Counting on them to be a part of the game plans early in the season so they develop early and quickly. By the time you get to the midway point, they should be really elevating to where it feels like a normal, regular status of experienced players. If you look at the last couple weeks of our special teams and how those guys are really stepping to a whole other level of tempo, speed, and aggressiveness. You can feel it. You can feel the guys that are more comfortable now. As we head into the second half, it’s when we want to get this win and let’s get going. You kick into the mode of utilizing those guys more. They make it deeper. Like you saw yesterday, you saw us playing some younger guys some. That gives other guys a break and can keep the whole team fresher because you don’t have to burden guys as much. You can get them in rotations and all that. I don’t know that that’s exactly what happens, but I know that’s a part of the factor, as opposed to not playing guys early on where people think they’re not quite ready. Often, it’s hard to get them into the regular mode where you can rotate them in, and you feel fine about them playing the starters. That’s the same mentality we’ve had for a long time, committing to the young guys. Seemingly, it’s been a factor.”

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:35 pm

oh, and that is what he had to say about the non-existent pass rush
Asked Monday what was missing from the pass rush, Carroll said, “The consistency. It’s like taking good cuts at the plate. You get your best shot when you have the opportunity, so you take good swings. Sometimes we’re connecting, and sometimes we’re not as clean as we could be. We’re not taking advantage of the calls that we have as much as we would like. So, that has to do with being connected, communicating within the players, but also using the calls that come from the sidelines and maximizing them. We should just get better quality swings and that’ll up our chances.”

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:52 pm

Our last two first round picks ride pine, but we are playing the young guys?
We have one of the worst pass rushes in all of football but the timing is just not there consistently?
Sound like more Pete talk. This is the guy that felt he could change everyone. If you ever listened to him on Monday mornings on the Brock and Salk show you would have thought that we were 16 and 0 every season. What did you think he was going to say? We usually get better at the end of the year only because we usually suck at the beginning of the year? Our pass rush is bottom of the league because our scheme sucks and the talent stinks?

Sometimes I think guys in here could read a quote from Pete saying we are adding an 8th day to the week, the day after Sunday, and we would hold a party because we all get three day weekends now!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:12 pm

37-21 is sucking...ok

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:19 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:12 pm
37-21 is sucking...ok
You are a pain in the ass. Yep, that is what I said. No, but our pass rush sucks. But yep, if I point out that the kicking game sucked last year I was claiming that the over all record sucked. If we talk about the pass rush sucking, must be comparing our record and saying we suck. Complain about a wasted draft pick? Oh, so you think 37-21 sucks?

Nice strawman genius.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:27 pm

We usually get better at the end of the year only because we usually suck at the beginning of the year?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:48 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:27 pm
We usually get better at the end of the year only because we usually suck at the beginning of the year?
Read the entire post. I said "what did you expect him to say."

Once again, Pete could tell you you won the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes and you would sit at your front door for weeks waiting for Ed Freaking McMahon!