Josh Gordon???

trharder

Re: Josh Gordon???

Post by trharder » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:23 pm

57reasons wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:27 pm
Since when does "campaigning" amount to ordering the coaches around? as to why would he lobby for Gordon, why wouldnt he? as opposed to continuing to roll Brown and Moore out there to drag down his completion percentage and spoil his MVP bid (not saying that's his motivation, but thats the effect).

Okay, so what does "Russell Wilson Pushed Seahawks to Sign Josh Gordon" (Heavy.com) or "Wilson campaigned really hard for this" (The Pro) mean to you, 57? I'l let you explain it and we'll use your explanation.

However you envision RW campaigning or pushing, how do you think that went down Does RW, among all his other irons in the fire, keep one eye on the waiver wire? Is RW buds with Gordon? Did Gordon say something nice about RW on twitter and RW remembered?

Here's what I think "might" have actually occurred. - JS calls RW and says "hey Russ, Josh Gordon is available on waivers, what do you think"? RW predictably would say, "yeah, sure! He's good right"? RW is a leader and he will always tweet something positive like he did with Gordon. That's what he does. What he's not known for is complaining about his teammates, which he in effect would have had to have been doing if he was actively pushing for a scrap heap WR to be added to the squad to make him more effective.

I just don't buy it as it's been spun by Rappaport and "sources/reports".

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:30 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:23 pm
57reasons wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:27 pm
Since when does "campaigning" amount to ordering the coaches around? as to why would he lobby for Gordon, why wouldnt he? as opposed to continuing to roll Brown and Moore out there to drag down his completion percentage and spoil his MVP bid (not saying that's his motivation, but thats the effect).

Okay, so what does "Russell Wilson Pushed Seahawks to Sign Josh Gordon" (Heavy.com) or "Wilson campaigned really hard for this" (The Pro) mean to you, 57? I'l let you explain it and we'll use your explanation.

However you envision RW campaigning or pushing, how do you think that went down Does RW, among all his other irons in the fire, keep one eye on the waiver wire? Is RW buds with Gordon? Did Gordon say something nice about RW on twitter and RW remembered?

Here's what I think "might" have actually occurred. - JS calls RW and says "hey Russ, Josh Gordon is available on waivers, what do you think"? RW predictably would say, "yeah, sure! He's good right"? RW is a leader and he will always tweet something positive like he did with Gordon. That's what he does. What he's not known for is complaining about his teammates, which he in effect would have had to have been doing if he was actively pushing for a scrap heap WR to be added to the squad to make him more effective.

I just don't buy it as it's been spun by Rappaport and "sources/reports".
He can campaign for Gordon and it doesn't have to be nefarious or a complaint about his teammates. I would be disappointed if Wilson didn't want Gordon over Brown or Moore. Who gives a shit? First one who bitches about Gordon being here decides who gets released for the roster spot. And yes Wilson and Gordon are friends apparently.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:36 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:30 pm
He can campaign for Gordon and it doesn't have to be nefarious or a complaint about his teammates. I would be disappointed if Wilson didn't want Gordon over Brown or Moore. Who gives a shit? First one who bitches about Gordon being here decides who gets released for the roster spot. And yes Wilson and Gordon are friends apparently.
We have seen WRs on their last leg brought in before and they didn't last long.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:39 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:36 pm

He's not on his last leg. Not even close. This is a low risk move. It cost them no draft capital. If he doesn't work out no biggie. Not sure why you're freaking out about this.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:51 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:39 pm
trharder wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:36 pm
He's not on his last leg. Not even close. This is a low risk move. It cost them no draft capital. If he doesn't work out no biggie. Not sure why you're freaking out about this.
I am questioning the veracity of the report that RW was behind the pickup .
I'm not sure why you're freaking out about me questioning RW being behind the pickup.

I'm not at all freaked out about the Seahawks bringing in Gordon. However, I think he has a lot more in common with the T.O., Brandon Marshall and Braylon Edwards acquisitions than the Marshan Lynch acquisition.

If he contributes, awesome, otherwise he was just brought in to compete.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:00 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:51 pm

I am questioning the veracity of the report that RW was behind the pickup .
I'm not sure why you're freaking out about me questioning RW being behind the pickup.

I'm not at all freaked out about the Seahawks bringing in Gordon. However, I think he has a lot more in common with the T.O., Brandon Marshall and Braylon Edwards acquisitions than the Marshan Lynch acquisition.

If he contributes, awesome, otherwise he was just brought in to compete.
So Rappaport is just making stuff up. Got it.

The receivers you mentioned were well into their 30s when the Hawks acquired them. That is not the problem with Gordon. His past is. The Hawks are the best possible situation for him. If he F's this up then he is truly done.

Read the tweet Wilson sent out to him.

https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/sta ... 49057?s=19

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:36 pm

We didnt give up anyone to cut him, what we owe for his salary isnt much, and the guy we cut to make roster space has six sacks in nine seasons. If for some reason it doesn't pan out, who the eff cares?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:40 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:14 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:48 pm
Why wouldn't he lobby for this. He can throw to T Lock and DK and a load of shit....or add Gordon. No brainer.
This ^^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: and I believe Gordon and RW are friends outside of football.
Well RWs eyes make him look stoned all the time so they have that in common. :)
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:53 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:00 pm
trharder wrote:
I am questioning the veracity of the report that RW was behind the pickup . I'm not sure why you're freaking out about me questioning RW being behind the pickup. I'm not at all freaked out about the Seahawks bringing in Gordon. However, I think he has a lot more in common with the T.O., Brandon Marshall and Braylon Edwards acquisitions than the Marshan Lynch acquisition. If he contributes, awesome, otherwise he was just brought in to compete.
The receivers you mentioned were well into their 30s when the Hawks acquired them. That is not the problem with Gordon. His past is. The Hawks are the best possible situation for him. If he F's this up then he is truly done. Read the tweet Wilson sent out to him. https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/sta ... 49057?s=19
Here is RW's tweet. (I would expect RW to saying something positive.)
Welcome Flash.
Time to put in this work!
@JOSH_GORDONXII

Here's Rapoport's tweets on the subject:
So, Seattle’s offense got better. And Russell Wilson’s relationship with Josh Gordon helped.

Seahawks have claimed former #Patriots WR Josh Gordon, source said. QB Russell Wilson gets his wish.
Ian Rapoport

Here is a long ass video that get's relevant at about the 4:40 min mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgHPzfd4YOA
I notice PC doesn't mention RW talking them into this, which I admit he probably wouldn't anyway.
Rapoport appears in this video and in order for this story to make sense, you have to try to explain why
the Seahawks are taking a chance of Gordon when 27 teams said "no thank you" before the Seahawks said
"yes". Rapoport makes his strongest statement yet on the RW involvement by saying RW "strongly advocated
for this". Is Rapoport making stuff up? I don't know, but "strongly advocated" is a lot to say when he's obviously
retelling something he heard from someone else. Who would tell Rapoport this? Why would they? Do you think
it's possible Rapoport is embellishing what he heard to make the story make sense? Do you think it's possible
Rapoports "source" was spinning a tale to make sense of the story? I think it's more drive by National sports
media BS.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:52 am

trharder wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:53 pm
ThePro wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:00 pm
trharder wrote:
I am questioning the veracity of the report that RW was behind the pickup . I'm not sure why you're freaking out about me questioning RW being behind the pickup. I'm not at all freaked out about the Seahawks bringing in Gordon. However, I think he has a lot more in common with the T.O., Brandon Marshall and Braylon Edwards acquisitions than the Marshan Lynch acquisition. If he contributes, awesome, otherwise he was just brought in to compete.
The receivers you mentioned were well into their 30s when the Hawks acquired them. That is not the problem with Gordon. His past is. The Hawks are the best possible situation for him. If he F's this up then he is truly done. Read the tweet Wilson sent out to him. https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/sta ... 49057?s=19
Here is RW's tweet. (I would expect RW to saying something positive.)
Welcome Flash.
Time to put in this work!
@JOSH_GORDONXII

Here's Rapoport's tweets on the subject:
So, Seattle’s offense got better. And Russell Wilson’s relationship with Josh Gordon helped.

Seahawks have claimed former #Patriots WR Josh Gordon, source said. QB Russell Wilson gets his wish.
Ian Rapoport

Here is a long ass video that get's relevant at about the 4:40 min mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgHPzfd4YOA
I notice PC doesn't mention RW talking them into this, which I admit he probably wouldn't anyway.
Rapoport appears in this video and in order for this story to make sense, you have to try to explain why
the Seahawks are taking a chance of Gordon when 27 teams said "no thank you" before the Seahawks said
"yes". Rapoport makes his strongest statement yet on the RW involvement by saying RW "strongly advocated
for this". Is Rapoport making stuff up? I don't know, but "strongly advocated" is a lot to say when he's obviously
retelling something he heard from someone else. Who would tell Rapoport this? Why would they? Do you think
it's possible Rapoport is embellishing what he heard to make the story make sense? Do you think it's possible
Rapoports "source" was spinning a tale to make sense of the story? I think it's more drive by National sports
media BS.
There's no conspiracy