How to beat SF.

Michael K.

Re: How to beat SF.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:00 pm

Very true, but why didn’t Goff suck last year? I think Gurley is broken. Alexander got soft, Gurley got over used!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:00 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:48 pm
Weird, Don posted Pete’s record. Dude, if I need to know his record I will scroll back to every post you have made on the topic of Carrol. Jesus. Belichek dominates every year, but isn’t a genius, but Pete is the man because he won one ring and lately still wins more than he loses.

Holmgren was a God, then he stuck around too long and won 4 games his last year. Did he forget football, or did everyone else catch up with him and he didn’t adapt?

where did I say Belichick wasn't a genius? He is in fact a genius. He coaches better than PC and GMs better than JS, he is at a level of his own , so that is who we are comparing PC to? the GOAT?...makes more sense to me than Jeff Fisher

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:00 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Weird, Don posted Pete’s record. Dude, if I need to know his record I will scroll back to every post you have made on the topic of Carrol. Jesus. Belichek dominates every year, but isn’t a genius, but Pete is the man because he won one ring and lately still wins more than he loses.

Holmgren was a God, then he stuck around too long and won 4 games his last year. Did he forget football, or did everyone else catch up with him and he didn’t adapt?

where did I say Belichick wasn't a genius? He is in fact a genius. He coaches better than PC and GMs better than JS, he is at a level of his own , so that is who we are comparing PC to? the GOAT?...makes more sense to me than Jeff Fisher
If you read posts in this forum, you would understand my statement. Insert overall record now Don.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Michael K. wrote:

I said he's not a genius. Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry, I'd go Buddy Ryan before Belichick with his 4-6. A defense he created along with systems the other coaches invented . To me that is genius. Belichick hasn't done anything like that. He did get lucky and draft Tom Brady in 6th round though.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:17 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:04 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Michael K. wrote:

If you read posts in this forum, you would understand my statement. Insert overall record now Don.
you seemed to have directed that to me, ok lets talk record...what do you think about PC's record with the Hawks?

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:28 pm

I'm typically the biggest Pete defender on this board. I love the guy. I've said it a number of times. Nobody can argue his record and my whole point of the "we sound spoiled" thread was to echo that sentiment.

But there's never any reason to sit by idly when things get stale and some innovation couldn't hurt. I think the Hawks to need to open it up in a few areas that they've refused to thus far. I don't really see how anyone could argue that it might be a good thing to add a few wrinkles that throw other teams off balance instead of constantly battling up hill.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:37 pm

I don't disagree...so you are elected to go explain to PC that he needs to change things up, report back to us...I am the last to say i really understand how PC does it, his offense seems simple and predictable. I think that is what i get a kick out of, that as outdated as it seems, it continues to work, as opposed to some here that it seems to upset. Its just seems funny to me to be sitting at 6-2 with all the hand wringing, that we need change. Its not like we are in Cleveland with Kitchens second guessing what he is doing

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:47 pm

How Gordon is used will go a long way. Will he be Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham? A shiny new toy we never figure out how to play with? Bevell isn't here anymore to be our whipping boy. So far I have to say, I have been pleased with how we've used DK, and would even like to see him run more go routes etc. This will be interesting.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:04 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:47 pm
How Gordon is used will go a long way. Will he be Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham? A shiny new toy we never figure out how to play with? Bevell isn't here anymore to be our whipping boy. So far I have to say, I have been pleased with how we've used DK, and would even like to see him run more go routes etc. This will be interesting.
I'd just like to see a slant for 10 yards to Gordon on 1st down on the first drive of the game. That would be a revelation.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:12 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:47 pm
I can tell you how Gordon is going to be used right now. Past couple of games have you noticed how it seems like they have been forcing the ball to Brown and Moore? They're not forcing it coverage is dictating this and Russ is going to his 3rd and 4th options on a play. I'm not a fan of either Brown or Moore that much. Enter Gordon. He will replace those two as the 3rd option.

Those quick passes that Brown can't seem to hang onto sometimes. Those jump balls that Moore can't quite adjust to. Those are going to Gordon now. He makes those plays. He is one of the most dynamic WR in football and he is only 28 years old. There are rumors that Patriots released him because he was late to meetings. Well the Hawks shoot hoops and have music blaring at their team meetings. I dont think that will be a problem. The rumor that DavidGee24 said about Brady not being able to hit him deep . Its out there. Alot of people are saying this.

It looks like the Patriots didn't want Gordon to go to a contender. They pulled the IR move in the hope a crap team would jump at the chance to land him. No one bit before the Hawks. If he stays out of trouble and plays to his potential on Sundays this offense will scare defenses to death.