Let's Ride! Broncos' Country Amusement Thread

D-train

Re: Let's Ride! Broncos' Country Amusement Thread

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:08 pm

Brady threw for 51.4 miles. LOL almost a round trip from Boston to Foxboro...
dt

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:15 am

https://nypost.com/2023/09/05/sean-payt ... ign=nypost
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:22 am

Millikin wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:15 am
https://nypost.com/2023/09/05/sean-payt ... ign=nypost
I don't even get what this means. What does Payton want him to do, be an asshole? more ghetto? I'm not saying I disagree, I just don't get it, and there's zero context in the tweet or in the article and I'm mad that I read them when they explained nothing.

IMO, Wilson has made his bed, and he has to stick with his persona. If he changed now, he'd REALLY be seen as fake. What he really needs to do is play good football, baby kissing or not.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:49 am

The context about telling Russ not to worry about his *Brand. And that he isn't running for office, so stop kissing all of the babies. More or less, get his mind focused on playing football first and foremost.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:41 am

It has to do with politics. In the broad sense it describes the day to day grind of photo events, shaking hands at a county fair for instance. But literally there's a strong tradition of it. It's something a politician needs to partake of when running for office. If you want to be president you got to kiss babies. Donald love's kissing babies. In the Philippines it's singing, run for office, there's going to be events where you are required to sing, here it's baby kissing
Attachments
image-20160808-18027-ylz8lg.jpg

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:23 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:41 am
It has to do with politics. In the broad sense it describes the day to day grind of photo events, shaking hands at a county fair for instance. But literally there's a strong tradition of it. It's something a politician needs to partake of when running for office. If you want to be president you got to kiss babies. Donald love's kissing babies. In the Philippines it's singing, run for office, there's going to be events where you are required to sing, here it's baby kissing
Kissing hands and shaking babies!
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

douche

Post by douche » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:26 pm

Found this on a random sports site:

What we love and hate about the Denver Broncos...

Love: The talent they have at the skill positions and on the defense.

Hate: (Russell Wilson’s entire 2022 season)

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:51 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:22 am

I don't even get what this means. What does Payton want him to do, be an asshole? more ghetto? I'm not saying I disagree, I just don't get it, and there's zero context in the tweet or in the article and I'm mad that I read them when they explained nothing.

IMO, Wilson has made his bed, and he has to stick with his persona. If he changed now, he'd REALLY be seen as fake. What he really needs to do is play good football, baby kissing or not.
Stick to football and worry about your after football life after football. If Russ continues to act the way he does, which COMPLETELY alienates his team mates. The bullshit interview about how he was doing calisthenics up and down the aisle on the plane? Having his own office and fucking staff? Listening to the coach after every game basically saying "it's all about Russ" because that was a big part of why they were able to trade for him...because they told him that so he'd allow the trade. His douche look how great I am bullshit, all while pouting when he isn't "the Man"? Alienates him...and if he continues? His after football life will start much sooner than he had thought.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:13 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:51 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:22 am

Stick to football and worry about your after football life after football. If Russ continues to act the way he does, which COMPLETELY alienates his team mates. The bullshit interview about how he was doing calisthenics up and down the aisle on the plane? Having his own office and fucking staff? Listening to the coach after every game basically saying "it's all about Russ" because that was a big part of why they were able to trade for him...because they told him that so he'd allow the trade. His douche look how great I am bullshit, all while pouting when he isn't "the Man"? Alienates him...and if he continues? His after football life will start much sooner than he had thought.
Well, I mean, that's true and what all of us would tell him. I just meant specifically that quote about kissing babies. That could mean anything from "don't be such a goodie two shoes" to actually kissing babies.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:59 pm

By Bob Condotta
Seattle Times staff reporter
Yes, conflicted Seahawks fans, it’s safe to root for Russell Wilson again if you want.

A year ago, not only were feelings still raw about the trade and the messy ending involving a player who will always be a Seattle sports icon, but there was the tangible reality that the worse Denver and Wilson did, the better would be the draft picks the Seahawks were getting in return.

That’s in the past now as all the trade terms have been completed and, for the most part from Seattle’s end, more than satisfied.

Which makes it a good time to review what each side received and their status heading into the 2023 season.

Seattle received:

Tight end Noah Fant: Fant is entering his second season with Seattle after the Seahawks picked up a $6.8 million option on his contract for this year. He will again be essentially a co-starter at tight end with Will Dissly.

Quarterback Drew Lock: After a strong preseason, Lock will again back up Geno Smith, having re-signed with the Seahawks in March on a one-year deal worth up to $4 million.

Defensive end Shelby Harris: After one year with the Seahawks, Harris was released in March in a move that saved almost $9 million in cash and cap. He later signed a one-year, $3.5 million deal with Cleveland, where he is expected to be a key part of the team’s defensive line rotation.

Left tackle Charles Cross: Cross was taken in 2022 with the ninth overall pick, which was one of five draft picks Seattle received for Wilson. After starting all 17 games last season, he enters this year at left tackle.

Outside linebacker Boye Mafe: Mafe, taken with the 40th overall pick in 2022, had a promising rookie season and, after a strong preseason, he might start to open the season if Darrell Taylor remains sidelined with a shoulder injury. Running back Kenneth Walker III was taken with the 41st pick, and some will always wonder what Seattle would have done had it had just one pick in the second round instead of two. But the Seahawks don’t have to answer that question.

Outside linebacker Tyreke Smith: Here’s where it can get a little confusing. The third of three picks Seattle got in 2022 for Wilson was No. 145 overall. But Seattle traded that to Kansas City for two lower picks — 158 and 233. At 158, Seattle chose Smith, who missed all of last season due to injury but showed promise in the preseason and projects to have a role in the outside linebacker rotation.

Wide receiver Dareke Young: Young, meanwhile, was taken at 233. After serving as a reserve and regular on special teams as a rookie, he has battled an adductor injury in the preseason but made the initial 53-man roster as a reserve. The Chiefs used the 145th pick on offensive tackle Darian Kinnard. He did not play in games last year for Kansas City and was waived at the end of August before being re-signed to the team’s practice squad.

Cornerback Devon Witherspoon: With the first of two picks Seattle got in the 2023 draft as part of the Wilson deal, the Seahawks took Witherspoon fifth overall. A nagging hamstring injury means Witherspoon might not play in the opener — a disappointment to be sure but too early to be disappointed overall.

Outside linebacker Derick Hall: With the second 2023 pick received for Wilson, Seattle took Hall 37th overall out of Auburn. Hall had one tackle and two QB hits in the preseason. He projects to be a key part of the edge rotation, though he hurt his shoulder in the preseason finale against Green Bay.

And Denver received:

Quarterback Russell Wilson: After struggling like no one could have anticipated — Denver went 4-11 in his 15 starts — Wilson will attempt to revive his career at age 35 under new Broncos coach Sean Payton. If he doesn’t, let the speculation begin that the Broncos, who also have new ownership, could look to go in a different direction. Wilson’s $17 million base salary for 2024 becomes fully guaranteed March 21.

Defensive end Eyioma Uwazurike: It might be forgotten that Seattle threw in a fourth-round 2022 pick back to Denver, which the Broncos used on Uwazurike, the 116th overall pick out of Iowa State. He made 17 tackles in eight games last season. In making matters worse in this deal for the Broncos, it was announced in July that he has been suspended indefinitely for gambling on NFL games last season.
dt