Future of Pete - random ranting

douche

Re: Future of Pete - random ranting

Post by douche » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:08 pm

I'm waiting for that moment where Pete steps up to the podium and spews the obligatory, 'Well, we had a plan but it just didn't work out'.

Followed by: 'If we coulda just played this team for another 2 or 3 days and kicked some more field goals, we woulda won this thing'.

:lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:48 pm

Hilarious Flacco line. lol

JOE FLACCO TALKS IMPACT ON PLAYOFF-BOUND BROWNS: ‘IF I MESSED UP IN HIGH SCHOOL, I COULD BE THESE KIDS’ DADS’
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:02 pm

While there hasn’t been any major indicator that the Seahawks would part ways with the most successful coach in franchise history, the Ian Rapoport scoop revealed that Carroll’s contract is only guaranteed through the 2024 season, with an option for 2025 available to be exercised by the organization.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:42 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:02 pm
While there hasn’t been any major indicator that the Seahawks would part ways with the most successful coach in franchise history, the Ian Rapoport scoop revealed that Carroll’s contract is only guaranteed through the 2024 season, with an option for 2025 available to be exercised by the organization.
Saw that. So they could easily move on from a financial perspective.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:57 pm

dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:08 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:42 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Seems to me more than that. Picking up the option is a vote of confidence isn't it. You don't pick it up everybody just moves on.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:13 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:57 pm
Think eyes were batted, Pederson was fired over personality clashes, don't see a connection to the situation in Seattle

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:25 pm

The connection is that almost every SB winning coach was eventually moved on from and it didn't require the HC making that decision.

Here its like winning one title grants you lifetime immunity and he can coach until he drops dead if he wants to. It is just bizarre.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:26 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:08 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:42 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Seems to me more than that. Picking up the option is a vote of confidence isn't it. You don't pick it up everybody just moves on.
The option doesn't come in unless they keep him for 2024 and won't happen for a year from now.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:42 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:25 pm
The connection is that almost every SB winning coach was eventually moved on from and it didn't require the HC making that decision.

Here its like winning one title grants you lifetime immunity and he can coach until he drops dead if he wants to. It is just bizarre.
I hear it all the time. He deserves to go out on his own conditions. Why!? One ring grants that? In this city you can make the playoffs once in over two decades and still get the benefit of the doubt, so it shouldn’t surprise us. But sorry, the Philly example is a great one. I don’t give a fuck about personality conflicts…had he still been winning he’d still be there. Pederson isn’t very good, that is why they are mediocre in Jacksonville with what was supposed to be a generational talent at QB. Belichick didn’t even get to chose when he gets to leave, if you believe the reports, and that guy doesn’t have room on one hand for all his rings!

This place is ridiculous, and it’s why we don’t have an NBA team, why our MLB team is a joke and why the NFL product went from a dynasty to one that is happy at 9 and 8 for the second straight year and is fine missing the playoffs two of the past three. Complacency and zero accountability. Just keep sipping coffee and bitching about a lack of respect.

Had Jimmy Lake not shoved a kid? He’d still be here. Romar wasted lottery pick after lottery pick and there was still debate on if he should get to leave when ever he wanted because a decade earlier he reached a couple Sweet 16s. This is Seattle, and as I have said many times, a big reason for it all. We’ll keep celebrating Jack Sikma, the 95 Mariners and the LOB. My grandkids will know about those teams, but probably nothing of Championships they got to witness.