D-trains 2022 NFL Pick em Pool

Michael K.

Re: D-trains 2022 NFL Pick em Pool

Post by Michael K. » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:53 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:47 pm

Eagles should have absolutely won the game. The killer was that fumble. If they go into half time up 17 I don't think they lose that game. The punt return was brutal too. Without those two plays the game was pretty lopsided.
I honestly thought it was going to be 21 to 7 Philly, and my first reaction at that time was that it was just like the Tampa Super Bowl. The Chiefs couldn't get open and they couldn't protect Mahomes. The second half was insane in how different it was for Pat and the Chiefs. Must have been some great pain killers they gave that guy too!

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:18 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:16 pm

I didn't think it was a catch. Thought it was hilarious when the first catch was ruled no catch, but the idiot ref in the booth says "it took too long to over turn that call, how is that clear and obvious", yet says nothing on the next one when they did not say "call stands", but that he had a foot down with control. Sorry, that was NOT clear and obvious, and it took just as long for them to review. I wish they would get idiots like Pereira out of the booth.
Toe might have still been down when the left hand touched the ball again. Maybe the refs were able to pause it and confirm it. o also never saw anything definitive that Smith lost control of the ball, never saw it slip from his left hand or shoulder, maybe they had a view I didn’t have, but I thought that was one that shouldn’t have been overturned. Neither has enough evidence to overturn imo, and the RB never caught the ball on the other play. That was was clearly obvious.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:49 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:18 pm
Michael K. wrote:

I didn't think it was a catch. Thought it was hilarious when the first catch was ruled no catch, but the idiot ref in the booth says "it took too long to over turn that call, how is that clear and obvious", yet says nothing on the next one when they did not say "call stands", but that he had a foot down with control. Sorry, that was NOT clear and obvious, and it took just as long for them to review. I wish they would get idiots like Pereira out of the booth.
Toe might have still been down when the left hand touched the ball again. Maybe the refs were able to pause it and confirm it. o also never saw anything definitive that Smith lost control of the ball, never saw it slip from his left hand or shoulder, maybe they had a view I didn’t have, but I thought that was one that shouldn’t have been overturned. Neither has enough evidence to overturn imo, and the RB never caught the ball on the other play. That was was clearly obvious.
I thought it was very obvious that Smith juggled the ball, and that half the ball hit the ground when he went down. MAYBE the ball didn't move, but I felt it was clear he never possessed it with both feet in bounds. I didn't think the play to Goedert was nearly as clear, so, should have just said the call stands. For them to come out and say he had possession with both feet in bounds seemed laughable to me. Zero chance that was definitive, yet that douche bag Pereira has nothing to say on that one. The call was correct, as I didn't think there was evidence to over turn, but I also thought it was not clear the other way either, as in, the call should have stood regardless of how it was called on the field. That wasn't what they said, and again, THAT should have been pointed out by Pereira, but this time they agreed with him so he says nothing.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:38 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:47 pm
Congrats to fish on the win. You deserved it. you were in the lead most of the year.

Just for the sake of an epic ending, I wish the ref had kept that flag in his pocket. It would have been so much more dramatic if the Eagles had a chance to get the ball back. Yeah it was technically holding, but contact of that level happens on probably 80% of passing plays without getting called. I would not have thrown a flag on that if I was a ref.

Eagles should have absolutely won the game. The killer was that fumble. If they go into half time up 17 I don't think they lose that game. The punt return was brutal too. Without those two plays the game was pretty lopsided.
Congrats to you too on the epic comeback and near win - think you had a perfect playoffs prior to yesterday wasn't it?
I've been doing pickem for probably two decades now whether on my own or in competition; i think last year was the first time i didnt win the competition (thanks to Michael).
But this year i had my highest number correct (for a regular season) of 66.4%.
Goes to show the parity when you can't even get 2/3 right without the spread in your BEST result out of 20!

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:16 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:49 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:18 pm
Michael K. wrote:

I thought it was very obvious that Smith juggled the ball, and that half the ball hit the ground when he went down. MAYBE the ball didn't move, but I felt it was clear he never possessed it with both feet in bounds. I didn't think the play to Goedert was nearly as clear, so, should have just said the call stands. For them to come out and say he had possession with both feet in bounds seemed laughable to me. Zero chance that was definitive, yet that douche bag Pereira has nothing to say on that one. The call was correct, as I didn't think there was evidence to over turn, but I also thought it was not clear the other way either, as in, the call should have stood regardless of how it was called on the field. That wasn't what they said, and again, THAT should have been pointed out by Pereira, but this time they agreed with him so he says nothing.
The ball can move, that isn’t part of the rule, and he possessed it with the hand against the shoulder pad with 2 feet in. Question is, did those 2 points of contact lose control when the ball hits the ground. Not by any view I saw they didn’t.

I don’t give a shit about pereira, what he says doesn’t matter. It’s just an opinion like anyone else’s, and doesn’t factor in to the call. Is interesting to actually hear the rule though when that’s relevant, like the ball moving not being a factor for where there is loss of control or not.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:59 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:16 pm

The ball can move, that isn’t part of the rule, and he possessed it with the hand against the shoulder pad with 2 feet in. Question is, did those 2 points of contact lose control when the ball hits the ground. Not by any view I saw they didn’t.

I don’t give a shit about pereira, what he says doesn’t matter. It’s just an opinion like anyone else’s, and doesn’t factor in to the call. Is interesting to actually hear the rule though when that’s relevant, like the ball moving not being a factor for where there is loss of control or not.
The ball movement does matter, it just doesn't always mean he lost control, but it's almost always ruled that way. That wasn't the issue anyway. The dude was juggling the ball on his way out of bounds. That was the issue in both cases. Zero chance Smith got two feet in, I am not sure on Goedert. Yet? Pereira thought Smith caught it, or at least that there wasn't evidence to over turn, which was crap. There was. The call that was unclear was Goedert's, yet? They CONFIRMED the call, and Pereira says nothing. He's a joke. Never liked him.