Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83510
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 07, 2026 7:01 pm

Totally agree on home schooling. More that 50% of kids maturing is social interaction.

But for me working from home I had several video calls a day so got plenty of social interaction with my team.

Like I have said. Of the five sense, 2 is enough in the corporate world. Sight and hearing.

Really don't need to be touching, tasting or smelling your colleagues. lol
dt

Michael K.
Posts: 14771
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 07, 2026 8:17 pm

D-train wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 07, 2026 6:57 pm

Yeah when it came to returning to work I had no problem with it even though it took 45 minutes to go 12 miles at 10am and an hour to commute home at 3 pm. lol
That's the difference between our generation and this one. I am thrilled that my kids, and for the most part their friends, are not really a part of this "I won't do shit but expect to get paid" generation.

Speaking of driving by schools....my hope for the survival of our race deteriorates each and every day. To get to our fields, I have to drive through the Junior High pick up line, and thus into the dumb zone. I one time pulled into the spot, only to stop for a minute before honking because a kid was standing, in the middle of the driveway, with his face in his phone LITTERALY JUST STANDING THERE. Then looked at me like I was in the wrong. I almost got out and pattled his dumb little ass.

I see 80% of them walk into traffic, noses buried in their phones, ZERO clue where the cars are. Just expecting them to stop. I swear to ever loving God if I saw my kid do that he wouldn't sit right for a week. But that is the biggest difference. My kids would have gotten in deep shit. These kids now? Everyone wants to send them to a shrink to figure out what is wrong with them. What is wrong with them is they have no living skills because they aren't required anymore!

User avatar
douche
Posts: 3120
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

Post by douche » Wed Oct 07, 2026 8:21 pm

Michael K. wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 07, 2026 3:48 pm
I have coached young female athletes for fifteen years now. The amount of them that require kid gloves and have zero toughness is incredible now. The amount that suffer from some sort of social anxiety or are clinically depressed is incredible. No, they don't work from home, but I have many that have zero social skills, who basically went from at home learning to online learning in another form, or attending college classes were they sleep most of the day and get to school at 10. They know no one at college, so have zero social interaction until they get to practice at 3, and basically then don't interact. You can see the kids that are in class in person with their friends and the ones who aren't.

I'm a firm believer that humans need to be around other humans. We weren't built to wake up in the morning, walk upstairs, work from our home office for eight hours, then hang out at home and do it all again the next day. Just my opinion.
Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

DavidGee24
Posts: 11586
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 6:24 pm
Location: Phillips Ranch, CA

Re: Post Mortem: Hawks v 9 Volts

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed Oct 07, 2026 8:46 pm

Michael K. wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 07, 2026 8:17 pm
Speaking of driving by schools....my hope for the survival of our race deteriorates each and every day. To get to our fields, I have to drive through the Junior High pick up line, and thus into the dumb zone. I one time pulled into the spot, only to stop for a minute before honking because a kid was standing, in the middle of the driveway, with his face in his phone LITTERALY JUST STANDING THERE. Then looked at me like I was in the wrong. I almost got out and pattled his dumb little ass.
Funny you mention that, a few years ago I was playing in World Championships in Vegas and crushed a home run to left field. There was a kid standing on the edge of the skate park with his back to the field and his face in his phone. The left fielder and others yelled at him but he didn't even react. The ball landed about six inches to his right and he didn't even flinch.

Post Reply