New HC thread

HawkandMariner88

Re: New HC thread

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:21 am

Not gonna lie, I think these would be my top 3 choices, first 3 phone calls. McDonald is on a bye so his should be easy. Ben wants $15 million. Fuck it, give it to him. To these owners, it's just chump change. Again my problem with Slowik is experience. Who would he bring in to run the defense. Very high on the youngsters though, especially McDonald. Right now I'd say Johnson is the leading favorite for me followed closely by McDonald. Basically 1 & 1A. Michael you've convinced me. Rich Eisen did his top 5 best coaching spots, Seattle came in at 3 just behind DC & LA. Like seriously. No state taxes here, beautiful weather. Chargers are in cap hell + don't trust the owners. DC is a complete wild card to me. All the money in the world so I feel like that's the 1 team you gotta watch for. NE too much rebuild there. Let Mayo or Vrabel have NE & let LA have Golden boy Jim. He'd be good for LA. Seattle is ready to win now. Feel like Seattle has better pieces then DC especially considering they just traded away one of there better pass rushers in Chase Young. Definitely gotta give these 3 very serious consideration. Are you listening Jody & John. HELLO!!!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:42 am

I could get in board with those. Just prefer offense so probably Johnson over McDonald....but agree it's basically a 1A and 1B thing. I have read enough to not be as high on Bienemy as I was, but I wouldn't be pissed about it.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:53 am

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:42 am
I could get in board with those. Just prefer offense so probably Johnson over McDonald....but agree it's basically a 1A and 1B thing. I have read enough to not be as high on Bienemy as I was, but I wouldn't be pissed about it.
YOU know damn well those 2 are on his short list. Do you think money is a factor for Jody & John. Ben wanting $15 million. If you gotta get into a bidding war so be it. Show them you want it more. We just have more dynamic talent period. Better facilities, period. A better history of winning, period. A much better fan base, period. What more do you need for godsake. Why in the hell would you choose DC over here, why like seriously. Why would you choose LA over here seriously. Why choose NE over here seriously. Like for real guys this has become, thanks to Pete, a marquee place for both coaches & players, sorry it just has. Either of these 2 I swear. Let NE have Vrabel, let LA have golden boy Jimmy. Carolina has a shitty owner. Vegas does have talent but no QB. I just don't get why a premier coaching candidate would take one of those spots over here. Top notch facilities right on the freaking water like come on. No meddling owner, the best stadium in the country. Like find me a negative, I'll wait......

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:38 pm

I don't think money is going to be an issue. That said, I don't know that everyone is in love with living on the West Coast. I don't know anything about the backgrounds of these men, but I have read enough from others that hated it here, like A Rod, to understand that some people just don't want to be on the left coast, let alone Southern Canada. LOL

Just my way of saying I don't think Geography is going to be something that wins the day for us, unless the candidate is from the area. The organization, the players and the history of making the playoffs might be. I can't imagine too many people would want a part of the Commanders. Maybe things are better there now, but that organization was one of the worst in professional sports for some time. New ownership might not have totally washed that smell off.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:26 am

Jim Harbaugh would be the best choice.
It would be close to the same situation as when Pete came. Talented coach with NCAA violation problems.
Prior NFL experience, but most recently winning college championship experience. Half of Seattle would be pissed.

I listened to some of Pete's final show with Brock and Salk. He is fucking butt hurt.
Having a bunch of ex and present players immediately show up from around the country to support their daddy
Pete was a great story, but listening to Pete piss and moan that he was about to get it fixed reminded me he
needed to go. He even went so far as to say the people who canned him "aren't football people and they don't know".
This was a shot IMO. Pete says us non-football people can't possibly know what's going on inside. Well, sorry to say
Pete, but people can be too close to it to see it clearly too. Pete is a broken record at this point. It was time.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:42 am

trharder wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:26 am
It would be close to the same situation as when Pete came. Talented coach with NCAA violation problems.
Prior NFL experience, but most recently winning college championship experience. Half of Seattle would be pissed.

I listened to some of Pete's final show with Brock and Salk. He is fucking butt hurt.
Having a bunch of ex and present players immediately show up from around the country to support their daddy
Pete was a great story, but listening to Pete piss and moan that he was about to get it fixed reminded me he
needed to go. He even went so far as to say the people who canned him "aren't football people and they don't know".
This was a shot IMO. Pete says us non-football people can't possibly know what's going on inside. Well, sorry to say
Pete, but people can be too close to it to see it clearly too. Pete is a broken record at this point. It was time.
Yeah I heard that rambling nonsense. Made me wonder if Biden was his speech writer. :lol: He has YEARS to get it fixed and has failed over and over again but SURE THIS is the time he is going to getting done. What are you going to do Pete, Run it more? Play more "Hard Nosed Physical Defense" :roll: :roll: :roll:

What a Joke. I think I might get a Jody Allen jersey this off season. :)
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:49 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:26 am

Seeing Russ take selfies with him was bullshit. Guys like Russ, Eart, Sherm, Mike B. and Baldwin are the reason the Dynasty collapsed. We need a Lawyer Malloy or Kam Chancellor to crack some skulls in that Locker Room. But for some of those douche bags that couldn’t wait to either get rid of him or bash him in the way out? Call them Kumbaya meetings? Then come back like they always loved him? Fuck that.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:39 pm

dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:19 am

Think it be surprising if it's not Quinn
"When he physically removed himself from being a coach candidate last year, my thought was always, he's waiting for Seattle," Rapoport said. "He's gonna have options this year. He is a really strong candidate. ... Dan Quinn is not a risk. He's been to the Super Bowl. He's a really good coach. I think, Seattle, there's some mutual interest and that would make sense."

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:39 am

He's actually 9-1 against shanahan after the Browns beat him this season
See new posts
Conversation
Daniel Jeremiah
@MoveTheSticks
We were kicking around some names today on MTS pod for SEA HC opening. One that came to mind- Jim Schwartz. He has HC experience, won SB as DC with PHI & has CLE defense playing lights out. However, the main reason was his record vs Kyle Shanahan. I believe he's 8-1 in their matchups as play callers.
6:30 AM · Jan 12, 2024
·
Views