Kick Geno to the curb???

D-train

Re: Kick Geno to the curb???

Post by D-train » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:00 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:48 pm
Already have an expensive defense, spend more money on it?
Three of their offensive line starters are on rookie contracts, as are all of their running backs, and more than half of the wide receivers. Geno Smith’s contract is nowhere near Patrick Mahomes, Jalen Hurts, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Dak Prescott, etc. territory. In terms of 2023 cap numbers, the Seahawks have one of the NFL’s least expensive offenses and the 10th most expensive defense, over OverTheCap.
Yep when you have a bottom 5 Defense in terms of performance and top 10 in terms of compensation you start cutting the fat and start over with the young core....
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:16 am

Yeah, though I'll let them figure it out. It could be any number of issues. But it doesn't sound like they should be spending more money on it

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:30 am

Trade Diggs, trade/cut Adams, gotta leave room for Williams. I wouldn't be opposed to unloading fan favorite Lockett. I mean who else are we paying that our cap is that bad. At this point I'd rather have the picks. Start young across the board.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:40 pm

dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:13 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:40 pm
5 replacement options:

https://12thmanrising.com/posts/quarter ... geno-smith
At this point I think I like Nix the most, but I'm not overly confident. Nix did a lot of check down throws, maybe too many for my liking. I watched interviews of him last night, reminds me a little bit of Jarred Kelenic, which turned me off.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:24 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:13 pm
D-train wrote:
5 replacement options:

At this point I think I like Nix the most, but I'm not overly confident. Nix did a lot of check down throws, maybe too many for my liking. I watched interviews of him last night, reminds me a little bit of Jarred Kelenic, which turned me off.
Good God a Duck that reminds you of JK. All I need to hear now is that he abuses puppies for the full trifecta of F no....lol
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:46 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:24 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
D-train wrote:
5 replacement options:

Good God a Duck that reminds you of JK. All I need to hear now is that he abuses puppies for the full trifecta of F no....lol
Nix has a noodle arm. Bro is the Luke Ridnour of quarterbacks. I don't want to go anywhere near him.

I think Penix has what it takes to be very good in this league... if he can drop to somewhere you in the 20's it's the perfect place to trade back, add a pick and go get him.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:58 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:46 pm
D-train wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

Nix has a noodle arm. Bro is the Luke Ridnour of quarterbacks. I don't want to go anywhere near him.

I think Penix has what it takes to be very good in this league... if he can drop to somewhere you in the 20's it's the perfect place to trade back, add a pick and go get him.
Yeah that has always been my impression but I am biased for obvious reasons on both guys so not the best guy to ask...
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:04 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:58 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:46 pm
D-train wrote:

Yeah that has always been my impression but I am biased for obvious reasons on both guys so not the best guy to ask...
I can put my bias aside and say if I thought Nix was really good that I would draft him.

To me, he ran an offense where his reads were made to order for him on a silver platter. He doesn't make many impressive throws where he's gone through progressions... and even when his first read isn't there... they ALWAYS gave him the easiest outlets with TE and RB slips. There's never a passing play where an Oregon RB doesn't roll to the flat in space. It's always first read, hit a slip route, or scramble and throw. That's why he never got sacked.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:10 pm

Does anyone think that Huntley would be a good acquisition? Dude plays pretty well and has NFL experience. And he's only 26.