I think it's over

ThePro

Re: I think it's over

Post by ThePro » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:55 pm

Oso Dorado wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:49 pm
I didn't want to start a thread for this foolishnees, but here's a post.....

I was reading a mock draft on CBS sports and their pick for the Seahawks is Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn, 6'7", 305.

I love the name, I kind of hope they draft him.

Disclaimer: Mock Drafts at this time of year are just click bait, and it is unlikely that John and Pete would do anything that others thought was sensible anyway.
They kinda have to draft some tackles. Not unless they plan on signing Fant and Ifedi to 9 mil plus contracts :shock:

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:30 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:55 pm
Oso Dorado wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:49 pm
I didn't want to start a thread for this foolishnees, but here's a post.....

I was reading a mock draft on CBS sports and their pick for the Seahawks is Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn, 6'7", 305.

I love the name, I kind of hope they draft him.

Disclaimer: Mock Drafts at this time of year are just click bait, and it is unlikely that John and Pete would do anything that others thought was sensible anyway.
They kinda have to draft some tackles. Not unless they plan on signing Fant and Ifedi to 9 mil plus contracts :shock:
I think Jones and Brown will be the Tackles next season but yeah definitely need to backfill and plan for the future.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:31 pm

Here is your chance to wish Ciara a Happy B day.

https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/sta ... 3861613568
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:53 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:07 am
ThePro wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:49 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:40 am

I was just thinking about DK being wide open on that TD pass. Why haven't we sent him on more go routes? I don't remember any other attempts at that despite that one working to perfection.
They do send him on go routes often. Rams game was a crosser off PA. When the other team is in Cover 2 hard to beat them over the top. That's where the offense is missing Dissly big time. He was destroying teams in the seam when they did that.

This might not be the best time to bring it up. You know when Peters had that pick six? I heard a couple people say it in the stands. Field Gulls did a All -22 on it. Metcalf was WIDE open. He beat his man by 5 yards ( and pulling away) when Wilson threw that pick... Damn it that hurts 14 point swing.
Ball game right there. Brutal.
If you listened carefully Millen wasnt blaming Russ on that, just remarking how unfortunate it was that he chose from the get go to look right side vs. the left. pre-snap of course he cant know that DK is going to destroy the coverage like that, and not the kind of play that your second read is the polar opposite sideline from your first, would apparently have been the 3rd or 4th read instead.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:58 pm

57reasons wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:53 pm

If you listened carefully Millen wasnt blaming Russ on that, just remarking how unfortunate it was that he chose from the get go to look right side vs. the left. pre-snap of course he cant know that DK is going to destroy the coverage like that, and not the kind of play that your second read is the polar opposite sideline from your first, would apparently have been the 3rd or 4th read instead.
Hell I'll blame Russell for that. He wasn't even hurried. Still love the guy but he completely F'd up on that read.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:01 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:58 pm
57reasons wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:53 pm

Hell I'll blame Russell for that. He wasn't even hurried. Still love the guy but he completely F'd up on that read.
He could have walked into the defensive huddle before the snap and told Peters exactly when and where he was going to throw it wouldn't have been any easier for Peters to make that pic
dt

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:24 pm

I know I'm going to catch hell for even saying this.....but......

Wasn't the wide receiver partially responsible for not making a play on the ball. He should have had some sense of where the DB was when the ball was thrown and instead of meandering toward the goal line because of a desire to score a TD, shouldn't he have sprinted TOWARD the football to at least break up this easy interception?

I've watched the play a few times and the receiver seems to just lose awareness and drifts away from the pass, instead of being aware of the impending doom and trying to break up the pick, knowing it was a dangerous pass.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:36 pm

XpertDBA wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:24 pm

Wasn't the wide receiver partially responsible for not making a play on the ball. He should have had some sense of where the DB was when the ball was thrown and instead of meandering toward the goal line because of a desire to score a TD, shouldn't he have sprinted TOWARD the football to at least break up this easy interception?

I've watched the play a few times and the receiver seems to just lose awareness and drifts away from the pass, instead of being aware of the impending doom and trying to break up the pick, knowing it was a dangerous pass.
He had no time to recover once he realized disaster was imminent imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wgrSHaOee0
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:38 pm

XpertDBA wrote:

I would say it was 90% on RW and 10% on Brown as opposed to the SB which was 10% on RW and 90% on Lockette.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:17 pm

XpertDBA wrote:

Spot on analysis. Half assed route amd effort. However what is it with Wilson having tunnel vision with mediocre receivers? He would do the same with Kearse and now Brown. Good God man at least glance to see what DK or Lockett is doing.