I think it's over

Michael K.

Re: I think it's over

Post by Michael K. » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:41 pm

I don’t remember Seahawk fans liking to hear how we lucked into our first Super Bowl because we were handed 6 and 0 in Conference.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:53 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:27 pm

So it is just our defense that can’t defend the screen? That play made the Red Rifle look like a hall of fame candidate week one. The screen has been used effectively for years. Not sure why our offense would be the only one that never needs it?
Poona Ford destroys those things and Clowney returned one for a TD. Not sure what you mean there. Tedric Thompson out of position made Dalton look like a Hall of famer

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:33 pm

Belichick record outside their conference isn't that bad either, all you can do is beat the teams you are given to beat, the AFL east hasn't been that good and so Belichick uses it as his personal nail, but on top of that he seems to have done a pretty good job of it no matter where the team was located. I am finding it hard to see an argument in those numbers that he is overrated

While the Patriots' 86-24 record against the AFC East is staggering, their winning percentage (134-44, .753) against everyone else is the best in the NFL, while they have 25 more non-division victories than any other team.

New England's record against eventual division winners (24-14) makes them the only team in the NFL with a winning record in this category. Against teams who eventually made the playoffs in a given season, the Patriots (60-33, .645) are the best in the league, with the Steelers at a not-so-close second with a .480 winning percentage.
I'm talking about this year. Their schedule has been a joke.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:10 pm

You put New England in NFC West and no one is talking about the genius of Bill Belichick.
you are not talking overall record there?, I don't think his reputation as a coach is based on only this season. You seem intent on trying to convince yourself he is overrated, its fine with me if you want to believe that. I am finding it hard to see myself. If Belichick was in the NFC west i see no reason not to believe he have the same reputation as a coach. See no reason to assume otherwise.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:45 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:10 pm
You put New England in NFC West and no one is talking about the genius of Bill Belichick.
you are not talking overall record there?, I don't think his reputation as a coach is based on only this season. You seem intent on trying to convince yourself he is overrated, its fine with me if you want to believe that. I am finding it hard to see myself. If Belichick was in the NFC west i see no reason not to believe he have the same reputation as a coach. See no reason to assume otherwise.
Playing 3 perennially awful teams in your division for 2+ decades has to have added numerous wins to his resume that would have been extremely difficult to get in virtually every other division in football. The Jets, Dolphins and Bills have combined for something like 15 winning seasons and 45 losing seasons over the last 20 years.

Obviously Belli is a great coach... but arguing he would have had the same success outside of the AFC East as he's had is a stretch. The only division in football where there has been literally 0 parity minus like 2 good Jet's years is the AFC East... and it's because 3 of the teams are laughing stocks.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:47 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:10 pm

It has nothing to do with trying to tarnish the legacy of Belichick. Better competition. Harder to get a playoff berth. No way he has the same success in this division.

I am saying before Belichick fan boys fawn over them this year at least wait til they play a competitive football team.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:20 pm

Because as we have all seen since 2nd and goal, all you need to do to get to the Super Bowl is make the playoffs right? They continue to make and win Super Bowls. Eff the schedule, I guess the playoff teams they beat in the playoffs suck too?

Every team in their division is guaranteed two losses. Makes it hard to get to 10 wins when after getting bashed by the Pats you can only lose four more times! Is it a hard division? Nope, but do the Patriots lose to everyone outside of the division? Nope.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:57 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:20 pm
Because as we have all seen since 2nd and goal, all you need to do to get to the Super Bowl is make the playoffs right? They continue to make and win Super Bowls. Eff the schedule, I guess the playoff teams they beat in the playoffs suck too?

Every team in their division is guaranteed two losses. Makes it hard to get to 10 wins when after getting bashed by the Pats you can only lose four more times! Is it a hard division? Nope, but do the Patriots lose to everyone outside of the division? Nope.
Jets twice ( once against Luke Falk) , Dolphins, Redskins, Giants without Saquon, Pittsburgh and should have lost to Buffalo. You can either chose to accept this or not. A joke schedule.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:11 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:53 pm
Michael K. wrote:

So it is just our defense that can’t defend the screen? That play made the Red Rifle look like a hall of fame candidate week one. The screen has been used effectively for years. Not sure why our offense would be the only one that never needs it?
Poona Ford destroys those things and Clowney returned one for a TD. Not sure what you mean there. Tedric Thompson out of position made Dalton look like a Hall of famer
You just mentioned two times the screen the Bengals ran like twelve times didn't work.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:21 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:11 pm
ThePro wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:53 pm
Michael K. wrote:

You just mentioned two times the screen the Bengals ran like twelve times didn't work.
Except for the fact they didn't run it twelve times. No one does. Like I said I don't understand the obsession with that play by some on the forum.