More on Clowney

D-train

Re: More on Clowney

Post by D-train » Sat May 02, 2020 7:48 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:34 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:01 pm
What is a bigger deterrent? Griffen's age and mental issues or Clowney health?
I can't speak for everyone but being since Clowney didn't threaten to kill staff at a hotel before going home and having his family flee before calling the police I will go out on a limb and say Clowney is the lesser risk.
:D
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 04, 2020 2:51 am

Clayton thinks Clowney, at this point, has been offered the best deal he’s going to get.

“The numbers can only go down. It’s not going to go up,” he said. “… Seattle’s offer, right now, is going to be better than anything that he’s going to get with another team. Simple as that. And the longer you wait, the less it becomes … It’s a bonus if (the Titans) get him, but it’s a bonus at the expense of Clowney if they end up taking him.”
Griffen
The veteran defensive end has been seen as a sort of backup plan in case Clowney signed elsewhere. Clayton says his market has been far worse than Clowney’s.

“I think it’s gone from $8 (million) to $3 million on a one-year deal because if you notice, just about every signing now if (for the) minimum salary, and obviously Griffen is going to have a little more clout than that, but I don’t think he has the clout to get the $8 million or so,” he said. “And clearly there hasn’t been a bidding war whatsoever because you haven’t heard of any offers for him, so he’s still out there.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 04, 2020 11:25 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:51 am
Clayton thinks Clowney, at this point, has been offered the best deal he’s going to get.

“The numbers can only go down. It’s not going to go up,” he said. “… Seattle’s offer, right now, is going to be better than anything that he’s going to get with another team. Simple as that. And the longer you wait, the less it becomes … It’s a bonus if (the Titans) get him, but it’s a bonus at the expense of Clowney if they end up taking him.”
Griffen
The veteran defensive end has been seen as a sort of backup plan in case Clowney signed elsewhere. Clayton says his market has been far worse than Clowney’s.

“I think it’s gone from $8 (million) to $3 million on a one-year deal because if you notice, just about every signing now if (for the) minimum salary, and obviously Griffen is going to have a little more clout than that, but I don’t think he has the clout to get the $8 million or so,” he said. “And clearly there hasn’t been a bidding war whatsoever because you haven’t heard of any offers for him, so he’s still out there.”
$3MM??? Damn I might even consider Bennett for that.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Mon May 04, 2020 5:18 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:25 am

$3MM??? Damn I might even consider Bennett for that.
I wouldn't take either one if they offered to pay 3 M to play. That's just me though.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon May 04, 2020 5:59 pm

For me, it's Clowney or I'm disappointed.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Mon May 04, 2020 6:27 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:59 pm
Clowney or trade for Ngakoue

Lamda

Post by Lamda » Mon May 04, 2020 6:47 pm

ThePro wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 6:27 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:59 pm
Clowney or trade for Ngakoue
Would we be on the hook for the full 18.5mill tender he signed or would the Jags eat some of that?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 04, 2020 7:01 pm

he hasn't signed the tender, think you looking at a situation where a team is going to negotiate a new contract to make a trade for him

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Mon May 04, 2020 7:34 pm

Lamda wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 6:47 pm

Would we be on the hook for the full 18.5mill tender he signed or would the Jags eat some of that?
No one is going to play here for free. Eventually the Hawks have to accept that.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed May 06, 2020 5:30 am

Clowney was on the radio the other day in Houston
“It might have (slowed the process) a little more than expected,” Clowney said. “I don’t know if people think I’m hurting because of what I went through, because of the core (injury), or previous years… I don’t know. I just want to let people know I’m ready. I’m gonna be ready to go whenever the time comes and whoever I sign with is gonna get the best version of me. I’m working, I’m staying ahead of schedule and I’m going to be ready to go when training camp starts.”
“I love Seattle,” Clowney said. “I was there this past year. I love everybody on the coaching staff, I wouldn’t trade them guys in. You know, I hope we can work something out if anything happens. I did like it up there. I love Russ, I love all the guys I played with, I respect them guys.”