Post Mortem: Seahawks v Desert Dunces

auroraave

Post Mortem: Seahawks v Desert Dunces

Post by auroraave » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:52 am

It wasn't always pretty, but a win is a win. I really enjoy Seattle's annual home game in Glendale. Such sweet hospitality.

Yeah, that's right, the kids are in a second place tie with the Lambs, who gave up 55 (at home!) to the worst uniforms in the history of sports. I dunno, I feel conflicted - am I happier about Seattle's home win in Arizona, or the Lambs and their clueless fans getting an Edward Norton-level curb stomping at home? Two fantastic choices!

This Division could be a bloodbath again.

What I am happiest about today: Chris Carson and his MVP performance after eating so much shit over his fumbling. He was the only star in a rather uninspired offensive performance today. Without him, this could have been ugly.

What I am proudest of today: Wilson's continued development and maturation. He's becoming a very good decision maker in the pocket, and a fierce passer. He took what the surprisingly feisty Arizona defense gave him - which was basically Carson in the flat - and while it wasn't always pretty, it was mostly effective. I've been saying it since preseason - Wilson is going for MVP this year. Book it. That connection on third down to Tyler Lockett in the fourth quarter to sustain the drive was the definition of clutch. His efficiency (22 of 28) is staggering. The numbers are not eye popping, but I also think they are setting the table for him to have a big night on Thursday.

Seeing Clowney get that Pick-Six - and watching the team, led by Dwayne Brown, mob him after - was priceless. I consider that a strength of the team - it just feels like there is a genuine love for each other - a real brothers-in-arms mentality. I don't think all teams have that. Love seeing that kind of camaraderie. It's what the game should be about - Antonio Brown, you may want to take note.

Grateful. Grateful they didn't do the bumble-out-of-the-gate offensively. Grateful the tackling was on point. Grateful we didn't re[eat that 6-6 debacle. overall, The team is growing - they've not yet hit their ceiling this season - They're best football is still to come - the Lambs already hit thier's - and they just gave up 55, LOL! I'm pretty grateful for that. too.

My God, we don't even have Reed back yet. Drooling at the potential up front.

Things I hated. Seattle trying to run out the clock with 30 seconds to go - in the third goddam quarter. C'mon, man. Go for the throat. Much of today the offense seems stuck in second gear - much of the season to be honest. With the defense young and vulnerable in the back end, a group that is still finding their ceiling, and the dline still figuring it out up front, the offense needs to lead this team. Enough stumbling out of the gate and holding on for dear life for a fourth quarter miracle. This offense needs to find that next gear. I think Schotty has the playbook, he's just not opening it up. Could be a PC thing. FIND THAT NEXT GEAR.

Will "The Thrill" Dissly taking knee shots after every catch. Can't continue - he needs to avoid those hits of his season will be cut short again.

The corner post pattern to Lockett - better come up with a wrinkle for that because we've seen it a lot and Wade Phillips is going to scheme to stop that.

This sets up a big Thursday Night Showdown for division bragging rights. Seattle needs to unleash the offense, because I don't think that defense is going to hold the Lambs to 27.

The Complaint Department. After three mostly penalty-free quarters, the flag came out, and a couple were suspect at best, and at least one was a make up call. The defensive holding on Seattle? C'mon. The roughing the passer when the Cardinals barely hit Wilson - c'mon. Announcer Schlareth said it best after the Wilson call, "Back when I played we called that football..."

On to Thursday - NOT excited to see those fucking hideous lime green abominations. Brutal.

ThePro

Re: Post Mortem: Seahawks v Desert Dunces

Post by ThePro » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:57 am

Fuck Schlereth.. They hit Wilson in the head after he threw the ball. If that happened to Brady the whole season would have been canceled.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:32 am

On to Thursday - NOT excited to see those fucking hideous lime green abominations. Brutal.
Don't get me started on that.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:55 am

Those lime green jerseys would probably look good if they'd wear navy pants. Or vice versa. Always love the gray though, seems like they always play well in gray.

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:01 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:55 am
Those lime green jerseys would probably look good if they'd wear navy pants. Or vice versa. Always love the gray though, seems like they always play well in gray.
Anyone happen to know their record when they play in their all grey unis? I do believe they have a winning record when they rock those unis.

It might have been an ugly wim but a wim's a wim! It could be worse, it could've been Okie-ugly! :mrgreen: :lol: :P ;)

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:22 am

thanks as always for the recap Aurora. besides Carson, i think the OL deserves some love - exactly zero penalties today, and opened some running lanes for Carson. most of the sacks werent blown assignments or getting manhandled as much as just AZ bringing the house and Russ/Schottie not beating the blitz with right audible or play call. I recall Suggs' strip sack and Chandler once beating Ifedi on the other edge, but not much else - not bad against two bookend pro bowlers. Dont remember any pressure from the inside - just some solid run blocking from each of Britt, Iupati, and Fluke. So nice having those big nasties back healthy in the middle.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:48 am

yeah, its more the qb's responsibility to deal with a blitz than the O line, a sack doesn't necessarily mean the line did a shitty job of blocking

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:14 am

Poor Patrick Peterson, first they show him getting bounced clear off the field during Beast Mode II, and then Carson trucked him twice. On the second one that was a straight-up pancake.

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:42 pm

auroraave wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:52 am
What I am happiest about today: Chris Carson and his MVP performance after eating so much shit over his fumbling. He was the only star in a rather uninspired offensive performance today. Without him, this could have been ugly.
What I am proudest of today: Wilson's continued development and maturation. He's becoming a very good decision maker in the pocket, and a fierce passer. He took what the surprisingly feisty Arizona defense gave him - which was basically Carson in the flat - and while it wasn't always pretty, it was mostly effective. I've been saying it since preseason - Wilson is going for MVP this year. Book it.
This sets up a big Thursday Night Showdown for division bragging rights. Seattle needs to unleash the offense, because I don't think that defense is going to hold the Lambs to 27.
Totally agree about Carson. He was the chief ingredient in this win. I was initially disappointed Penny couldn't go, as I was ready to see him as the feature back, although I hadn't totally given up on Carson. In hindsight, it was good to force Carson to take total responsibility. Carson responded and showed he's still that guy. I personally didn't think he got much help from the O-line. Carson's most impressive stuff is what he did after first contact.

I'm seeing RW do better stuff in the pocket. Pocket presence, or whatever you're supposed to call that, is so inherent to QBs with RW's type resume, it's easy to forget he's played most of his career bailing the pocket at the first sign of trouble. I'd be shocked if RW was MVP, but I'm rooting for Auroraave to be right anyway.

It makes me sick one of, if not the best, early season matchups in the NFL is going to be played on a Thrusday at 5pm pacific. I really thought they'd have done away with this shit by now...

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:54 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:14 am
Poor Patrick Peterson, first they show him getting bounced clear off the field during Beast Mode II, and then Carson trucked him twice. On the second one that was a straight-up pancake.

Name change alert: PaTruck'ed Peterson. It just feels right.