What is your most hated play in football

D-train

What is your most hated play in football

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:39 am

I have a few but the sideways pass is the worst. Throw it 25 yards sideways to maybe pick up 2-3 yards. The risk benefit is asinine and we saw the risk today with the pick 6 that cost us the game.
dt

DanielVogelbach

Re: What is your most hated play in football

Post by DanielVogelbach » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:57 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:39 am
I have a few but the sideways pass is the worst. Throw it 25 yards sideways to maybe pick up 2-3 yards. The risk benefit is asinine and we saw the risk today with the pick 6 that cost us the game.
You can get some good yards if you can dodge the first defender. I have no issue with any particular play... I think it's more about mixing them up to effectively keep the defense off balance, and on the passing plays it's more about QB decision making... The sideways pass can be a terrible decision if the pass looks risky... just throw the ball away. But, it can be the same thing with a ball over the middle or a deep route.

All in all though, if I absolutely HAD to pick a play.... I think I would go with... drum roll please.... the slant.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:45 am

Had dumbshit Brown stayed exactly where he was instead of inching his way up field maybe he catches that pass or at worst it's not a pick 6 the other way. Hate to say it but the worst part of today's game was probably the WRs between Brown & the rook.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:10 am

Idk about a singular play.

But I'd just assume abandon the read option if you don't honor all 3 choices in the formation.

If the QB isn't a threat to run or you seldom pull the ball for a quick hitting pass because you've caught the linebacker peaking... it's a stupid formation to run. I'd just assume the Hawks run an old fashion offense with a FB on every play and Russ can take off on bootlegs.

Both the Huskies and Seahawks run the read option and neither QB is a legit threat to pull it and run a good portion of the time.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:23 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:10 am

But I'd just assume abandon the read option if you don't honor all 3 choices in the formation.

If the QB isn't a threat to run or you seldom pull the ball for a quick hitting pass because you've caught the linebacker peaking... it's a stupid formation to run. I'd just assume the Hawks run an old fashion offense with a FB on every play and Russ can take off on bootlegs.

Both the Huskies and Seahawks run the read option and neither QB is a legit threat to pull it and run a good portion of the time.
I was shocked when RW actually ran it once yesterday.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Another thing I hate is when a DB doesn't look back for the ball 5-7 seconds into the play when he knows it has to be in the air. I have seen literally hundreds of catches that were made that could have been either broken up or picked off if the guy just looks for the ball. Happened again when Tedric did it on the first drive.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:23 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:10 am

I agree. The rationale behind the Huskies running the read option would really interest me...not to mention why if it is something they want to do, why do they seem to only want pocket passers?

The last dual threat we have had was Cyler Miles, and the way we used him was odd...very odd. Then duel threat players sat behind Browning for four years, and the only one we recruited transferred because he couldn't even beat out Haener. They seem to refuse to get rid of gadget shit like the Wildcat and the read option, even though they don't have close to the personal. Oh, and don't tell me you had to convert a TE to FB. Go out and sign a damn FB then!

I imagine the threat of Russ running has more of an impact on that play than fans like us realize. I do think that many times Russ doesn't keep it when it appears he should...but there have also been times he has kept it and I thought it was a good read and he simple gets over run. He just doesn't run like he used to.

roosevelt

Post by roosevelt » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:36 pm

When a player lies down in the end-zone cloaking himself in the same color as his jersey... just despicable.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:08 pm

roosevelt wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:36 pm
When a player lies down in the end-zone cloaking himself in the same color as his jersey... just despicable.
What stinks is knowing they used practice time this week to work on this without knowing it wasn't legal.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:35 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:08 pm
roosevelt wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:36 pm
What stinks is knowing they used practice time this week to work on this without knowing it wasn't legal.
CP said that they told him it was legal as long as he didn't lie down before the kick. Lost in translation, I guess.
dt