Aurora's fan post

D-train

Aurora's fan post

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:21 am

dt

JAWA

Re: Aurora's fan post

Post by JAWA » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:59 am

It's probably why we haven't seen a Post Mortem by him from the last couple of games.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:53 am

Live it. Well written Aurora!

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:59 am

There's a lot of truth in that rant. I here that, and have many of the same thoughts.
Still, there is the poetry of the game, and the beautiful confluence of events that makes the great plays great.
Do I trust Goodell. Heck no!
Do I think the refs have thrown games? Not sure, but it certainly appears that way.

Does the NFL care? Not that I can see.

...but I have the Seahawks as a key pick in my pool this week, and I'll be watchin' and rootin'.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:01 am

Oso Dorado wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:59 am
There's a lot of truth in that rant. I here that, and have many of the same thoughts.
Still, there is the poetry of the game, and the beautiful confluence of events that makes the great plays great.
Do I think the refs have thrown games? Not sure, but it certainly appears that way.

...but I have the Seahawks as a key pick in my pool this week, and I'll be watchin' and rootin'.
And ratings have recovered to basically their all time high........

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/10/media/nf ... index.html
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:34 am

D-train wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:01 am
Oso Dorado wrote:

You and I still watch, but do you believe the product is the same? I can't remember the last weekend I didn't watch the NFL and wonder....do they ever practicr?

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:52 am

You will never get a fair officiated game in the NFL. The NFL solidified this process when they infused their product with gambling.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:04 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:34 am
D-train wrote:
Oso Dorado wrote:

You and I still watch, but do you believe the product is the same? I can't remember the last weekend I didn't watch the NFL and wonder....do they ever practicr?
I definitely agree that is an easily fixable issue but the NFLPA is kind of a more money less work org so probably not happening.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:06 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:52 am
You will never get a fair officiated game in the NFL. The NFL solidified this process when they infused their product with gambling.
Sorry I would gamble a lot of money that Officials are not making calls based on point spreads. All it would take is one whistle blower and it would the house of cards would crumble. Not a chance imo.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:08 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:34 am
D-train wrote:
Oso Dorado wrote:

And I don't think the average fan could tell the difference. Just like the Thursday night football difference that the "expert" fans claim to know the difference.
dt