Something that pisses me off...

IStillLoveTheMs

Something that pisses me off...

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:09 pm

When I hear: "Wow, the 49ers have sure built one hell of a defense..."

Then the same pundit says, "You know... that Seahawks secondary just isn't what it once was."

Yeah, no shit moron. What lazy commentary. The 49ers entire defensive line is composed of 1st round picks taken while the team was straight up ass. The Niners drafted Joey Bosa 2nd, Solomon Thomas 3rd, Deforest Buckner 7th, Arik Armstead 17th. The Seahawks have only once picked earlier than the 17th pick 2011 forward.

I wish these commentators would just come out and say it: The only reason the 49ers are good is because they sucked ass for 5 years... congrats.

Did you know the 49ers have the fewest winning seasons over the last 2 decades in the NFC West? They have 5... The Hawks? 14... but it's always Joe Montana this, Jerry Rice that... fuck off with your biased slant to an organization that's been trash every since the salary cap was implemented and start giving the Hawks some respect instead of, "Oh these Niners are back!" Fuck off... quit crowning a team that didn't earn anything they've got.

Oso Dorado

Re: Something that pisses me off...

Post by Oso Dorado » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:22 pm

All true, but at least they did something with their picks, unlike some teams (Cleveland) that get a lot of high picks and still suck.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:51 pm

And when 49er fans talk about how many Lombardis they have while ignoring the fact that the last one was won when Ace Of Base was popular. Maybe before the game instead of performing The Star Spangled Banner their fans should instead all join hands and sing, "All That She Wants".

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:18 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:51 pm
And when 49er fans talk about how many Lombardis they have while ignoring the fact that the last one was won when Ace Of Base was popular. Maybe before the game instead of performing The Star Spangled Banner their fans should instead all join hands and sing, "All That She Wants".
LOL your obscure references are golden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d73tiBBzvFM
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:16 pm

I won't be pissed unless they lose a game and then Richard Sherman's post game press conference...just sayin

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:25 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:09 pm

Then the same pundit says, "You know... that Seahawks secondary just isn't what it once was."

Yeah, no shit moron. What lazy commentary. The 49ers entire defensive line is composed of 1st round picks taken while the team was straight up ass. The Niners drafted Joey Bosa 2nd, Solomon Thomas 3rd, Deforest Buckner 7th, Arik Armstead 17th. The Seahawks have only once picked earlier than the 17th pick 2011 forward.

I wish these commentators would just come out and say it: The only reason the 49ers are good is because they sucked ass for 5 years... congrats.

Did you know the 49ers have the fewest winning seasons over the last 2 decades in the NFC West? They have 5... The Hawks? 14... but it's always Joe Montana this, Jerry Rice that... fuck off with your biased slant to an organization that's been trash every since the salary cap was implemented and start giving the Hawks some respect instead of, "Oh these Niners are back!" Fuck off... quit crowning a team that didn't earn anything they've got.
Now you understand one of the reasons why I despise the Astros........
dt

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:39 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:25 pm
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:

You don't remember my lengthy post on the Astros tanking to build their roster last year?

They're going to have to say goodbye to Cole, Springer, Reddick, Gurriel all this off season and Correa the next. It's probably the beginning of the end for them. Last night was their real window.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:09 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:39 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:25 pm
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:

You don't remember my lengthy post on the Astros tanking to build their roster last year?

They're going to have to say goodbye to Cole, Springer, Reddick, Gurriel all this off season and Correa the next. It's probably the beginning of the end for them. Last night was their real window.
Why? If I'm Cole where else am I gonna get a better opportunity to repeat the success I've had the last few years. Verlanders not gonna be around much longer & outside of him who do they have. I throw the kitchen sink at him are you kidding. You pay your stars, not all of Bregman, Altuve, Springer, & Correra are gonna get max contracts. Some aren't even close to getting long term deals, maybe arbitration raises but long terms deals no. If they can lock up Cole & keep their young core around they should be the favorites for quite a while until someone comes along & usurps their throne.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:46 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:51 pm
All that she wants
is another trophy
She loves Jimmy Garoppolo

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:48 pm

So the Astros are going to lock up Cole at $30+ million a year... lock up Springer at $25 million+ a year... pay Verlander $33 million... start paying Altuve $28 million+ a year... pay Greinke $35 million next year... pay Correa $20+ million in arb... see Bregman's salary jump to $11 million from $600K... pay Gurriele $15 million or so a year... and pay Michael Brantley his $16 million...?

They're going to have a $270 million payroll? You sure?