Gerald McCoy?

IStillLoveTheMs

Gerald McCoy?

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Tue May 21, 2019 6:29 pm

I was a little bit underwhelmed by the Al Woods signing at DT. He's a rotational player at best. We didn't do much to address the position in the draft and I figured we'd be addressing it with an impact player in F/A. Considering we have $25 million in cap space... I'd love to see the Hawks address the DI with a player like McCoy who was just released by the Bucs.

Russ + resigning Wags basically cancels out Baldwin and Chancellor coming off the books in 2020... hows about a $27 million 3-year deal sound for McCoy with the first 2 years guaranteed?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... rald-mccoy

ThePro

Re: Gerald McCoy?

Post by ThePro » Tue May 21, 2019 7:01 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:29 pm
I was a little bit underwhelmed by the Al Woods signing at DT. He's a rotational player at best. We didn't do much to address the position in the draft and I figured we'd be addressing it with an impact player in F/A. Considering we have $25 million in cap space... I'd love to see the Hawks address the DI with a player like McCoy who was just released by the Bucs.

Russ + resigning Wags basically cancels out Baldwin and Chancellor coming off the books in 2020... hows about a $27 million 3-year deal sound for McCoy with the first 2 years guaranteed?

9 mil a year for a player that just got released? Are you his agent?

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Tue May 21, 2019 8:12 pm

ThePro wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:01 pm
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:

He was due $13 million in Tampa. He's worth $9 million easily.

He didn't get released cause he sucks. He got released cause it's not worth it for a team who is not going to compete for a playoff spot to pay a veteran $13 million dollars at the tackle position.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue May 21, 2019 8:58 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:12 pm
ThePro wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:01 pm
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:

He was due $13 million in Tampa. He's worth $9 million easily.

He didn't get released cause he sucks. He got released cause it's not worth it for a team who is not going to compete for a playoff spot to pay a veteran $13 million dollars at the tackle position.
He's 31 now. 34 at the end of 3 yr contract . No thanks. 1 yr 10 maybe.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed May 22, 2019 5:00 am

1 year $10 million!!?

+1!!!!!! Hell yes!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed May 22, 2019 4:50 pm

I am interested to see how much Tampa paid for Suh....that might give us some insight on what it would take to sign McCoy. I am surprised that they are choosing to pay Suh instead. I don't think he is the guy I want "leading by example" for Vita Vea!

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed May 22, 2019 6:09 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:50 pm
I am interested to see how much Tampa paid for Suh....that might give us some insight on what it would take to sign McCoy. I am surprised that they are choosing to pay Suh instead. I don't think he is the guy I want "leading by example" for Vita Vea!
Bucs had to make a move.. only 185 K under the cap before cutting McCoy. Sounds like Arians rubbed hin the wrong way too ( I'm shocked) . Suh has the reputation but I've always liked MCCoy better. He's never been available before and this is Suh's 4th team. Tells me all I need to know.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Wed May 22, 2019 7:59 pm

ironically, both came into the league together as the star-studded one-two punch at the top of the draft as DTs. lot of debate at the time as to which of the two was better coming in, or would be better long term. Unlike so many other top picks, neither disappointed, though both stuck on horrid teams that never won through no fault of their own. of course Suh delivered more baggage with his throat-stomping antics, and McCoy probably outperformed him overall though Suh probably won the earnings battle. Would think McCoy would pair better next to Vita style-wise, not to mention being the better player at this stage, so this was purely a poor cap management issue. yet another reason to love this local organization.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed May 22, 2019 11:52 pm

McCoy, IMO, would be a huge get for us, and a better fit than Suh.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed May 22, 2019 11:55 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:52 pm
McCoy, IMO, would be a huge get for us, and a better fit than Suh.
This ^^^^^^^^^