Hawks going after McDowell's signing bonus

Michael K.

Hawks going after McDowell's signing bonus

Post by Michael K. » Thu May 30, 2019 4:17 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sea ... id=UE07DHP

The article isn't very clear....since he has supposedly been cleared to play, but we decided to cut him, what the heck does that mean for what he signed for, and never played for?

auroraave

Re: Hawks going after McDowell's signing bonus

Post by auroraave » Thu May 30, 2019 5:08 pm

Good for the Seahawks! I would imagine the situation is 'independant' doctors clearing him to play makes no difference to the Seahawks - who need their doctors to clear him - and they never did. Anyone can get a doctor to clear them, but to play in the league, you gotta get clear by their staff, not some rube at the local 7-11 clinic. Did you see McDowell's quote in the article? "Rashaad Penny is the single greatest draft pick in the history of the NFL!" :P

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 30, 2019 5:09 pm

Seems a little odd to go after $800k that he has probably already spent. That is like one beer for every season ticket holder.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu May 30, 2019 5:25 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:09 pm
Seems a little odd to go after $800k that he has probably already spent. That is like one beer for every season ticket holder.
It's a breach of contract. Non-football related injuries/activities prevented him from providing the services Seattle paid him for. He doesn't get to say 'whoops' and keep the money. Why would they not recoup their loss? They'll win this easily.

maoling

Post by maoling » Thu May 30, 2019 5:34 pm

Also it probably didn't help that he was a total dick when he got popped in Atlanta a while back.

Seattle Seahawks defensive tackle Malik McDowell was arrested this weekend after he allegedly flipped out at a club in a dispute over money.
McDowell was arrested early Sunday morning in Atlanta, GA after a cop says she saw him getting into a verbal altercation outside the front doors of a club called SL Lounge.

According to the incident report, obtained by TMZ Sports, McDowell was shouting at the head of security about $600 he believed he'd already paid ... even though he was repeatedly told by staff and his own friend he hadn't given them the cash he wanted back.

He was eventually allowed back in ... but the arresting officer says he was kicked out again ... still shouting about the money, and refusing to leave without it. The cop says she was told McDowell poured out a couple bottles of liquor inside and got booted.

During a profanity-laced tirade, the officer says she detained McDowell with the help of her partner. They tried getting him in the back of their patrol car when he allegedly said ... "F*** both of ya'll hoe ass n*****, p**** ass cops, I bet I get out, I got more money than ya'll, ya'll ain't got enough money for me, p**** ass crackers, broke ass n*****."

The arresting officer says she had to almost tase and pepper spray McDowell when he refused to comply with her orders, but adds she ultimately didn't use either.
He was booked for disorderly conduct, and was released on a $325 bond. McDowell suffered a concussion this summer and is not on the active Seahawks roster.
We've attempted to reach out to McDowell's camp and the Seahawks ... so far, no word back.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 30, 2019 5:36 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:25 pm
D-train wrote:
It's a breach of contract. Non-football related injuries/activities prevented him from providing the services Seattle paid him for. He doesn't get to say 'whoops' and keep the money. Why would they not recoup their loss? They'll win this easily.
Allen was worth $20B when he died. $800k is .004% of that. It would be like someone with $1 million net worth suing someone for 40 bucks. Why bother. I would chalk it up as a cost of doing business and move on. Most likely Malik never gets another NFL contract so it is likely a a blood from a turnip deal as well.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu May 30, 2019 6:08 pm

I would love to know if there was specific language in that contract saying he can't ride motorcycles and ATVs..

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu May 30, 2019 6:14 pm

ThePro wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:08 pm
I would love to know if there was specific language in that contract saying he can't ride motorcycles and ATVs..
If he ever signs another contract I am sure it will be!

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 30, 2019 6:31 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:14 pm
ThePro wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:08 pm
If he ever signs another contract I am sure it will be!
Would be hilarious if he drove an ATV to his first practice with his new team. lol
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu May 30, 2019 6:42 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:36 pm
auroraave wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:25 pm
D-train wrote:
Allen was worth $20B when he died. $800k is .004% of that. It would be like someone with $1 million net worth suing someone for 40 bucks. Why bother. I would chalk it up as a cost of doing business and move on. Most likely Malik never gets another NFL contract so it is likely a a blood from a turnip deal as well.
It counts against the cap. They have to recoup it.