Offseason Needs, Draft, Free Agency, Etc.

HawkandMariner88

Offseason Needs, Draft, Free Agency, Etc.

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:48 am

Clearly we know where the upgrades need to be. Priority #1 is re-signing Clowney. To me Priority #2 is keeping that OL as intact as possible & that means possibly bringing back guys like Iupati, Fant, & Fluker. Keeping that OL intact will do wonders come next season, the more continuity you have on that OL the better. I think Fant could potentially challenge for the RT spot but may still wanna keep him as an extra RT/TE.

The clear upgrades on that OL are obvious, Center & RT. I think anyone with any shread of football IQ or acumen sees that Ifedi has been a bust. The question is do we address those upgrades in the Draft, through FA, or both. Loaded draft class of OL prospects. Only FA OL I see signing is either Castonzo from Indy or Scherff from 'Skins.

DL is where were gonna need some serious tweaking. Clowney is obvious we all know that. What about Reed & our rotational pieces (Q, Woods, Poona, BJack). Don't think Reed will command that much on the open market, how can he after the abysmal season he had, certainly no where near Clowney money. Need run stuffers (Poona, Woods) but even more so need those 3-tech rushers too. My take is this is where we probably lean more toward the draft if anything. I am of the idea that with our 4-3 base you've gotta have a power rusher on one side (Clowney) & a speed guy on the other ala Frank Clark. Is Reed that ideal 3-tech or is there a better option in the draft perhaps?

Don't know if Flowers will be replaced. If not he's got some serious work to do in the offseason in terms of tackling & technique. We all know how Pete likes these long, lengthy, rangy guys ala Sherm. Seen a few guys we could target on day 2, Cam Dantzler (Miss St) being one of them. Don't know how big a priority they'll make it if at all. Don't know if they'll look to add another nickelback or role with what they've got.

What is the biggest area of concern & what do you think needs to be addressed? Who do you like in the draft?