Season prediction thread

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Season prediction thread

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:21 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:43 pm
I looked it up. Would you believe PC is actually 12th best at challenge success?? 42/91. Only 8 coaches were 50% or higher.

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/sports/s ... challenge/
I've watched at most a quarter of their games over the past 4 years and zero last year so i assumed with all the complaining about it on game threads that his success rate must be terrible. 5 for 9 last year, 47 for 100 overall. Maybe it is because he was 5 of 14 in 2019 and people assumed he was losing it.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:39 pm

Then you have articles like this that seem to reinforce the notion...
Pete Carroll has earned a bad reputation for his use of challenges. He’s inclined to challenge plays which are not conducive to being overturned. He’s inclined to challenge plays which even preliminary replays indicate were ruled correctly on the field. But there’s a method to how Carroll challenges, and I think it’s part and parcel to what makes Carroll such a successful head coach. Carroll uses challenges to build esprit de corps.
and then turns into an all-out defense of his methods...
Carroll has a special talent for building a winning team culture and player development. Now I can’t prove that can I? And I know for some, that’s enough to ignore its value. But I think that’s a dangerous kind of stupidity which really needs to be checked. Motivating players, creating the kind of environment which allows Seattle to seamlessly integrate new players, while retaining the very most important aspects of discipline and accountability, is so much more valuable than whatever tiny insurance that extra challenge creates.
https://www.fieldgulls.com/platform/amp ... challenges
Last edited by Sibelius Hindemith on Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:12 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:43 pm
I looked it up. Would you believe PC is actually 12th best at challenge success?? 42/91. Only 8 coaches were 50% or higher.

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/sports/s ... challenge/
I think it is the ones he loses, and the timing of them. He does hormonal crazy things sometimes, a fake FG against Atlanta which was litteraly the dumbest thing ever, besides throwing a slant to Ricardo lockette in the SB, and then other times punts from his opponents 38 on fourth and one!

And who could forget the blatant drop by Baldwin that he challenged and then explained that he did it because Doug was mad the last time he didn't. Seriously? Why don't you just tell us that the Bills throwing every down surprised you. Oh, wait....The dude drives me fucking bonkers.

maoling

Post by maoling » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:30 am

acctingman wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:02 pm
9-7, last place, miss the playoffs
You may not be far off, except for the unaccounted-for 17th game. ESPN Simulations have us getting gang-raped this year.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/9/6/226 ... rst-record

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:01 am

maoling wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:30 am
acctingman wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:02 pm
9-7, last place, miss the playoffs
You may not be far off, except for the unaccounted-for 17th game. ESPN Simulations have us getting gang-raped this year.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/9/6/226 ... rst-record
The average of the simulation were 10 and 7....they just wrote an article about one that had us at 5 and 12. If there were low simulations, to get to 10 and 7 on average, that would mean there would also have to be simulations were we finish pretty high. They just didn't comment on those ones.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:47 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:34 am
Let's have some fun, list your predictions for this coming NFL season. The more unexpected the better, any topic is fair game. At the end of the year, we can look back and see who was right and wrong about what. I'll start:

Previous predictions:
Witherspoon would be replaced by Randall in the starting lineup. (half right!)

New predictions, NFL:
Tamba Bay will NOT win the Super Bowl. They will look like they will during the season, but lose in the playoffs.
Josh Allen, Justin Herbert and Lamar Jackson will have worse seasons than last year.
Patriots bounce back year, go 12-4. Mac Jones rookie of the year.
Rams win NFC West, lose 1st round of playoffs
Jerry Jones finds white girl to jerk him off, case gets no attention because no minority was oppressed.
Two players rush for 2000+ yards.

New predictions, Seahawks:
11-6, 2nd place in NFC West. Tie breaker for wild card. (2-4 in division, 9-2 against everybody else)
RW 4430 yds, 43 TDs, 8 int
DK 956 yards, as he gets suspended 3 games for knocking an undetermined cornerback out.
Darrell Taylor gets 8 sacks, makes me look stupid for criticizing his early preseason games.
Tre Brown has rookie mistakes, but manages 4 INT in limited time
Kyle Fuller does NOT make the Pro Bowl.
Jamal Adams breaks his own sacks record.
LJ Collier declares he is better than Aaron Donald, manages 2 sacks for -1.5 yards, reinforcing his opinion. Asks for contract extension making him highest paid D-lineman in the NFL.
Dickson gets an 80+ yard punt.
Everett plays OK, but Dissly emerges from the scrap heap to lead the TEs with 800 yds and 8 TD
Geno Smith not only plays, but starts a game.
Pete Carroll declares he's "really excited" about at least 5 young players. Buys a shiny new set of white Nike grandpa sneakers for each one.
At least 12 games will come down to the last minute, giving all of us mini heart attacks. Seahawks win 9 of them.
well, I got one right.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:19 pm

bpeto wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:43 pm
My once a year post...

Game one or two - Wilson tears up a knee in a collision with his own player as he tries to escape a sack. He's out for the year and never returns to form

Smith takes over and looks average but disharmony quickly develops with members of the offense. The Seahawks try to trade for a decent backup but don't have the draft numbers to offer.

The defense spends far too much time on the field causing their efforts to deteriorate throughout the year.

Seahawks go 6-11 and while they WOULD qualify to take a top QB...well, not at #55. I'm being optimistic with the 6-11. By the end of the year not sure the Seahawks could beat UW, much less Montana.

;)
Not bad, you win.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:41 am

Thought I'd check back on my predictions. It took too long to check all the stats, so you all can do your own. I think I did OK overall. Definitely better than Mel Kiper.
SeattleAddict wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:34 am

Previous predictions:
Witherspoon would be replaced by Randall in the starting lineup. 1/2 right

New predictions, NFL:
Tamba Bay will NOT win the Super Bowl. They will look like they will during the season, but lose in the playoffs. This is looking good
Josh Allen, Justin Herbert and Lamar Jackson will have worse seasons than last year. Allen had a good year, but lower yards, lower TDs, and more INT, so technically correct. Herbert was slightly better, Jackson definitely worse. 2/3 is not bad.
Patriots bounce back year, go 12-4. Mac Jones rookie of the year. 10-7 but nailed the bounce back. Dunno if Mac gets ROY, but definitely was the best rookie QB.
Rams win NFC West, lose 1st round of playoffsLooking like Money.
Jerry Jones finds white girl to jerk him off, case gets no attention because no minority was oppressed.I have no proof, but pretty sure I got this right.
Two players rush for 2000+ yards.I'm shocked only one guy had over 1300. Whiffed on this one

New predictions, Seahawks:
11-6, 2nd place in NFC West. Tie breaker for wild card. (2-4 in division, 9-2 against everybody else)let's just skip this one, mmm-kay?
RW 4430 yds, 43 TDs, 8 int 3118, 25, 6. If not for the finger, I don't think it would've been that far off.
DK 956 yards, as he gets suspended 3 games for knocking an undetermined cornerback out. 967 yards and thrown out of a game for trying to knock a cornerback out. Pretty damn good
Darrell Taylor gets 8 sacks, makes me look stupid for criticizing his early preseason games. 6.5 and he did make me look stupid. Good on him.
Tre Brown has rookie mistakes, but manages 4 INT in limited time no INT but he showed good things in just 5 games. I think he would've got there.
Kyle Fuller does NOT make the Pro Bowl. Nailed it.
Jamal Adams breaks his own sacks record. Oops
LJ Collier declares he is better than Aaron Donald, manages 2 sacks for -1.5 yards, reinforcing his opinion. Asks for contract extension making him highest paid D-lineman in the NFL. Didn't even get 2 sacks. In fact, only managed 3 freaking TACKLES. Probably still thinks he's All-Pro
Dickson gets an 80+ yard punt. Long of only 68. Loser.
Everett plays OK, but Dissly emerges from the scrap heap to lead the TEs with 800 yds and 8 TD Right on the first bit, Dissly 231 and 1 though... ugh
Geno Smith not only plays, but starts a game. Nailed it!
Pete Carroll declares he's "really excited" about at least 5 young players. Buys a shiny new set of white Nike grandpa sneakers for each one. Nailed it. I don't have proof, but pretty sure.
At least 12 games will come down to the last minute, giving all of us mini heart attacks. Seahawks win 9 of them. Well, they came down to the last minute, then either the refs fucked us or somebody dropped a ball, which gave us mini heart attacks. 1/3 point.

bpeto

Post by bpeto » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:43 pm

I missed my prediction earlier in this thread.
I predicted 6-11. Close, but no cigar.

To me, it's impossible to guess where this franchise is heading next year. They do have some GOOD young talent but they need a lot more depth in a number of positions (including QB). IF they don't make major changes to how they draft I can't see this team improving greatly next season, even with a weaker schedule.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:00 pm

bpeto wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:43 pm
I missed my prediction earlier in this thread.
I predicted 6-11. Close, but no cigar.

To me, it's impossible to guess where this franchise is heading next year. They do have some GOOD young talent but they need a lot more depth in a number of positions (including QB). IF they don't make major changes to how they draft I can't see this team improving greatly next season, even with a weaker schedule.
Great prediction. You had to feel good going into the game Sunday. I was very surprised we won.
dt