Pick'em league

Michael K.

Re: Pick'em league

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:00 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:58 pm
Just made my final selections for the year. Very disappointing season for D-train. I have never finished in the bottom half before. :(

Thanks for Doing this SA. Fun stuff. But let's switch to CBS Sports version next season and have at least a $20 entry fee and prize money.
I think the website allows for playoff picks.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:03 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:00 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:58 pm
Just made my final selections for the year. Very disappointing season for D-train. I have never finished in the bottom half before. :(

Thanks for Doing this SA. Fun stuff. But let's switch to CBS Sports version next season and have at least a $20 entry fee and prize money.
I think the website allows for playoff picks.
Oh great. Extend my misery! LOL
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:03 pm

Feeling better today?
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:19 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:03 pm
Feeling better today?
Slowly getting there. Working in office today...less of a cough and congestion, so that is good.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:36 pm

you got the 'rona, Michael K?

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:38 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:36 pm
No, the regular version.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:12 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:36 pm
Haha, nope, well, the tests say no. I have heard this new variant doesn't test well.

That said, and sorry to hijack this thread, but did anyone see that Jackass Faucci say something the other day about "heard immunity". WTF, wasn't that what that dickhead mask wearing commie preached against two years ago when I was sent home for two weeks? But, now that non of his ridiculous methods have worked, his "science" is Bullshit? He wants to talk about how the new spike is fine, Heard Immunity. Fuck you you dickwad.

Oh, and I saw a quote from Biden that cracked me the fuck up too. It was basically him saying "Trump is 8 months into this pandemic and doesn't have a solution. I do." So, I guess he had a solution to use it to win an election, but not actually use it to stop COVID?

Sorry, this is not the place for politics and COVID talk, but both of those statements being front and center to me while I was laid up on the couch all week were humorous. OK, not humorous at all. Pissed me the Hell off.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:40 am

either way, hope you feel better. I don't often agree with your horseshit opinions (j/k), but enjoy the repartee and don't want you to die.

Technically, Fauci isn't a politician, so I figure it's ok to bash him... and you're 100% right about Biden. None of these fukkers admit that they're just guessing, and keep trying to claim 'science' that just doesn't exist. That's my only issue with the whole thing - it was an unprecedented event, so nobody really knew what to do, but instead of admitting that, the all claimed that their ideas were fact and 'science'... but it was all just a guess. Then when they turned out to be wrong, and they changed the narrative to fit.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:52 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:40 am
.....and you're 100% right about Biden. None of these fukkers admit that they're just guessing, and keep trying to claim 'science' that just doesn't exist. That's my only issue with the whole thing - it was an unprecedented event, so nobody really knew what to do, but instead of admitting that, the all claimed that their ideas were fact and 'science'... but it was all just a guess. Then when they turned out to be wrong, and they changed the narrative to fit.
Yes yes yes, 1,000 times yes. No one had an answer, but we had people fighting over which "science" to follow, and obviously, I am a Republican, but I felt the Dems used it to win an election, and have fucked it up ever since. Never in my life until this election did I vote straight party line. But watching Dem's use a fucking Global pandemic as an election tool pissed me off more than ever.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:27 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:52 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:40 am
.....and you're 100% right about Biden. None of these fukkers admit that they're just guessing, and keep trying to claim 'science' that just doesn't exist. That's my only issue with the whole thing - it was an unprecedented event, so nobody really knew what to do, but instead of admitting that, the all claimed that their ideas were fact and 'science'... but it was all just a guess. Then when they turned out to be wrong, and they changed the narrative to fit.
Yes yes yes, 1,000 times yes. No one had an answer, but we had people fighting over which "science" to follow, and obviously, I am a Republican, but I felt the Dems used it to win an election, and have fucked it up ever since. Never in my life until this election did I vote straight party line. But watching Dem's use a fucking Global pandemic as an election tool pissed me off more than ever.
Only 306 days until justice.....
dt