Salk on PC

trharder

Re: Salk on PC

Post by trharder » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:29 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:01 pm
RW has really lost a significant dimension to his game the past few years and I think that drops him from great to good.
Thank you. I've maintained RW using his wheels was what enables his magic. Running is the thing that makes up for some of his deficiencies like being short. It is what gained respect of guys like Marshawn back in the day. It is what gave defensive coaches nightmares when game planning and broke the spirit of pass rushers late in games. RW had the best slide in the league and was pretty damn good at avoiding being hit when he would run. Russ cooking should include Russ running. RW may feel he's not as fast as he once was, but as you can see by that list, there's more to running as a QB than sheer athletics. Matthew Hasselbeck used to be a pretty good at knowing when to take off and steal 11 yards. Seneca Wallace, fast as fuck, only ever ran sideways and backwards.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:55 am

except he had a pretty good half season last year, it didn't involve a lot of running

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:03 am

how about PFF?...they had him ranked 4th coming into the season. They don't seem to think he lost a significant dimension to his game
Bruce Gradkowski of Pro Football Focus released his quarterback rankings for all 32 NFL starters and Wilson landed at No. 4 overall, in large part to his ability to be one of the most consistent players in the league.

“Wilson started the season on fire as the front-runner for the MVP title over the first eight games of the year, as he was PFF's top-ranked quarterback in overall grade (93.3),” PFF’s Gradkowski explains. “The wheels soon fell off, though, with Wilson taking the most sacks in the NFL through the second half of the season.

“He has been one of the most consistent quarterbacks in the league for a long time and appears primed to bounce back from last year, particularly after the offseason drama of him wanting to be traded. He wants his value to continue to rise, and that it will. Over the past five years, Wilson has dominated the NFL to the tune of the most big-time throws (214) while tying Rodgers and Brady for the best passing grade on 20-plus-yard throws (99.9)."
His last two seasons were his highest ranking of his career
Further regarding PFF scores, Wilson has received his two highest overall grades in the last two seasons. While his score did drop slightly in 2020, he still managed to surpass 90 for the second consecutive year. By all accounts, Russ is trending up if he is trending any direction at all.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:06 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:42 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:51 am
Maybe they both make the playoffs in the same season for the first time. That would be neat. :shock: :D
Hard to believe that has never happened.

If either Boston or New York win the next two, and we win the next two, that means we are tied, right? Could be a three way tie between the Jays and who ever lost two straight in that series. Got me thinking, what do they do with Tie Breakers? They going to meet somewhere and play three inning games? God knows they can't add an extra game, I mean, wouldn't the pitchers arms all fall off? :lol:
After last night I retract my statement. lol
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:21 pm

The Mariners are resilient, but doesn’t Toronto have a real easy schedule? Too bad, sure would have been fun to watch a playoff game, or more.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:01 pm

at this point in the season I think you are pretty much beyond strength of schedule predictions, who the heck knows which team is going to win a baseball game. Its pretty amazing, to play so many games, all the ins and outs of a season and have it this close, and i am talking about baseball in general. You really can't complain anymore about baseball not being competitive, wow

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:41 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:21 pm
The Mariners are resilient, but doesn’t Toronto have a real easy schedule? Too bad, sure would have been fun to watch a playoff game, or more.
Big 3 games series starting tomorrow. Yanks and BJs.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:52 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:21 pm
wx.JPG
wx.JPG (23.28 KiB) Viewed 714 times
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:10 pm

I guess schedule ease aint shit. I mean, who would have thought finishing with the Orioles would be a problem? Can you imagine the hate from Mariner fans if in the middle of a playoff chase we lost two games to the Orioles?

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:29 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:10 pm
I guess schedule ease aint shit. I mean, who would have thought finishing with the Orioles would be a problem? Can you imagine the hate from Mariner fans if in the middle of a playoff chase we lost two games to the Orioles?
Can't imagine what hardcore Red Sox fans are thinking right now. I saw dudes with Sox gear sitting in that almost empty Camden Yards last night looking look like why in the F did I waste my time coming down here.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/09/30/ ... y-go-home/
dt