Salk on PC

auroraave

Re: Salk on PC

Post by auroraave » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:54 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:36 pm
When was the last time that on Sept. 24th the M's were the hottest team in town????? :D
Unfortunately, since they're the mariners, they will follow up the four game sweep of the A's by losing 2 of three to the lowly Angels and getting eliminated. It's just what they do. :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:57 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:36 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:36 pm
When was the last time that on Sept. 24th the M's were the hottest team in town????? :D
Still hasn't happened. The lead story on Friday, in the middle of the baseball playoff chase, is still Seahawk football. Hate to burst your bubble.
I wasn't really talking about media coverage
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:22 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:57 pm

I had KIRO on all day, had the day off so went to the gym, mowed the lawn, etc. Right now? It has shifted. All the fans calling in to Jake and Stacy, at least the calls they are taking, are about the Mariners. From 7 am until about 1 pm? Was still heavy Seahawk, and rightly so.

So, maybe you are right, maybe the fans are more interested in the Mariners. My guess? If both games were played at the same time the attendance and viewership would be GROSSLY in favor of the Hawks. Sure, the Mariners are hot, they also have a game tonight. But, even with that, for several hours today? Local radio was a heavy lean towards the Hawks.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:48 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:22 pm
D-train wrote:

I had KIRO on all day, had the day off so went to the gym, mowed the lawn, etc. Right now? It has shifted. All the fans calling in to Jake and Stacy, at least the calls they are taking, are about the Mariners. From 7 am until about 1 pm? Was still heavy Seahawk, and rightly so.

So, maybe you are right, maybe the fans are more interested in the Mariners. My guess? If both games were played at the same time the attendance and viewership would be GROSSLY in favor of the Hawks. Sure, the Mariners are hot, they also have a game tonight. But, even with that, for several hours today? Local radio was a heavy lean towards the Hawks.
That's what I was referring to. The M's are currently the hotter team success wise and might be more likely to make the playoffs at this point.
dt

Nwadventure

Post by Nwadventure » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:16 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:43 pm
Nwadventure wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:43 pm
Aurora - Spot on as usual- Too many leaks to plug I am afraid, too many personnel misses, bumbling coaching, scared deep zone defense on almost every snap- RW in the huddle just thinking about new cologne options- Its either a 30 yard pass attempt, Carson up the middle for no gain , or RW not seeing someone wide open, holds the ball too long gets sacked or just passes out of bounds. Dickinson leg is going to fall off this year unless something changes- T-Lock cant be stopped though, please keep giving him the rock and remember we have some pretty decent tight ends- Assuming the Hawks go down this weekend in a very seahawky way- 32-26

Lets hope I am wrong-
All of those things somewhat contradict what Aurora said. I disagree with him, Pete's philosophy is grossly dated. Heard some guys on Fox last night dissing on Kirk Cousins, talking about how it doesn't take a stud QB to win the Super Bowl....then decided to bring up the 85 Bears, Trent Dilfer's Ravens and Brad Johsnon's Bucs. Uhm, pretty sure NON of those teams won in the Salary Cap era! Manning was broken when the Broncos won it and Joe Flacco wasn't exactly HOF worthy the last time the Ravens won it. Other than that, what Qb wasn't at least Pro Bowl caliber when they won a Super Bowl?

Shit like that, is very Pete like. 2013 is not 2021, and this roster is not that roster. The defense you lament, the scared deep zone? That is Pete. Relying on a Punter? That is Pete. What Russ did Sunday was a mistake, going for it late is fine, but the throw has to be there. You don't throw a 50 50 ball into coverage in that spot. You throw underneath, get second and short and then convert. You do that a few times and you win the game. He went against Pete's philosophy, at the very wrong time.

Even Pete knows his shit is old, that is why Waldron is here. There has never been an OC less like Pete than Shane Waldron, and there has never been one more LIKE Pete than Schottenheimer. That move was admitting that his philosophy aint gonna work in 2022.
Not sure what your jist is as you are kind of bouncing around- Neither here nor there at the end of the day its the same old lets turtle up, go back in the shell on offensive strategy hope and for the best in the PC/RW/JS era- Impossible to get a straight answer from Pete, Russ comes in with his own take- Jesus its like the Cable/Bevel/Carrol three headed monster Part 2 - Did Aliens abduct Taylor & Dunlop last weekend ? Mone playing this weekend, that's good news- Any chance Jamal gets pressure or just gets pushed aside, is out of position or does some awesome things ? $20M/WOW

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:32 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:48 pm
Michael K. wrote:
D-train wrote:

That's what I was referring to. The M's are currently the hotter team success wise and might be more likely to make the playoffs at this point.
Look, I know you love the Mariners...but "more likely to make the playoffs" because the the Seahawks blew a late lead and lost in OT to a team that was a contender last year? Dude...one team has missed the playoffs once since 2012, and the other has the longest playoff drought in all of North America. That is a serious reach.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:49 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:32 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:48 pm
Michael K. wrote:

Look, I know you love the Mariners...but "more likely to make the playoffs" because the the Seahawks blew a late lead and lost in OT to a team that was a contender last year? Dude...one team has missed the playoffs once since 2012, and the other has the longest playoff drought in all of North America. That is a serious reach.
Yeah we'll see.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:51 am

Maybe they both make the playoffs in the same season for the first time. That would be neat. :shock: :D
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:42 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:51 am
Maybe they both make the playoffs in the same season for the first time. That would be neat. :shock: :D
Hard to believe that has never happened.

If either Boston or New York win the next two, and we win the next two, that means we are tied, right? Could be a three way tie between the Jays and who ever lost two straight in that series. Got me thinking, what do they do with Tie Breakers? They going to meet somewhere and play three inning games? God knows they can't add an extra game, I mean, wouldn't the pitchers arms all fall off? :lol:

douche

Post by douche » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:42 pm

If Wilson isn't the guy, then who is? As much as anyone thinks that RW isn't about football, good luck replacing him.

It's unfortunate because Carroll had the team he wanted, they crapped the bed against NE, and it's been downhill ever since. PC's W-L record and the SB win is great, but there was a lot of wasted potential and opportunities.

Just wait until the next regime takes over... it will be back to 7-9 seasons with no playoff appearances.