Three things I learned about the Hawks

D-train

Re: Three things I learned about the Hawks

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:23 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:28 am
sure, like the defense would suddenly become good if Norton is fired. Not saying he shouldn't be fired, but its not like that is some sort of cure. They have had an entire off season to prepare. What do they do for a DC? You are in the season now, bring guys in and interview them? Begin a new DC approach during a season? You promote a coach into the position, but does that going to make you better? You can certainly blame Pete for not having the foresight to take care of it quietly over the off season, but what does he do now? Firing him would appease the fans but it probably just makes a bigger mess.
Hey look at the huge difference the New OC has made. lol
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:02 pm

yeah, its probably time for PC to step in and take control again. Go back to doggedly eking out victories, make it back to their first round playoff exit...lol

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:14 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:57 am
How many times do people have to say it.
IT'S NOT KEN NORTONS DEFENSE, IT'S PETE CARROLLS DEFENSE, NORTON JUST CALLS THE PLAYS. ITS ALL 100% PETE.
I agree there's no way you can pin this on Norton and think PC isn't to blame.

The most jarring thing is trying to figure out just WTF that defense would look like IF it worked. Are there any personnel in the NFL that could make that work? Regardless of personnel, how is it that the architect of the SB winning era Seahawk defense chooses this style of defense now? Why? Losing is losing no matter how you get there. The players might just not be very good, but how the fuck can that be your stubborn philosophy?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:40 pm

trharder wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:14 pm
. The players might just not be very good, but how the fuck can that be your stubborn philosophy?
It's mind blowing. Cousins completed just under 80% of his passes, but our theory is to leave the WRs open and hope they make a mistake? Ridiculous.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:57 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:40 pm
trharder wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:14 pm
. The players might just not be very good, but how the fuck can that be your stubborn philosophy?
It's mind blowing. Cousins completed just under 80% of his passes, but our theory is to leave the WRs open and hope they make a mistake? Ridiculous.
And Cousins is just an average NFL QB. Couldn't believe how many times I saw Flowers chasing guys like a fat Bull dog chasing a Corvette...
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:31 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:20 pm
WTF is the difference on D from the 2nd half last season. Can't just be Griffin, can it???? Maybe KJ???
They played a bunch of teams with bad QB's in the second half of last year. Jarred Goff twice, Carson Wentz, Colt McCoy, Sam Darnold, Dwayne Haskins and C.J. Beathard. Every single one of those guys was dumped by their teams in the off season.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:37 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:31 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:20 pm
WTF is the difference on D from the 2nd half last season. Can't just be Griffin, can it???? Maybe KJ???
They played a bunch of teams with bad QB's in the second half of last year. Jarred Goff twice, Carson Wentz, Colt McCoy, Sam Darnold, Dwayne Haskins and C.J. Beathard. Every single one of those guys was dumped by their teams in the off season.
I was trying to avoid that as an explanation but it is the most obvious one. And even Goff smoked us in the playoffs.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:44 pm

You have to give them credit, playing a hybrid prevent D for an entire game is revolutionary cutting-edge stuff.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:07 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:57 am
How many times do people have to say it.

IT'S NOT KEN NORTONS DEFENSE, IT'S PETE CARROLLS DEFENSE, NORTON JUST CALLS THE PLAYS. ITS ALL 100% PETE.
Exactly. PC has final say on EVERYTHING football related. It's his roster, his plays, his Kool-Aid. All of it. He'll do everything his way, and nothing's changing in SEA until he's gone.

As one poster mentioned, Pete does less with more than any head coach in the league. He plays 'not to lose', and he certainly doesn't play to win.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:09 pm

2nd half... punt, punt, turnover on downs. Brilliant!