Three things I learned about the Hawks

douche

Re: Three things I learned about the Hawks

Post by douche » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:11 pm

This team made Cousins look like Joe Montana. Fucking hysterical.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:23 pm

And nobody's even said anything about that game-icing completion to Jefferson. 3rd and 8, our corner played ten yards off him, backpeddled, and Jefferson ran ten yards, turned around, ballgame.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:40 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:23 pm
And nobody's even said anything about that game-icing completion to Jefferson. 3rd and 8, our corner played ten yards off him, backpeddled, and Jefferson ran ten yards, turned around, ballgame.
They line up way off AND backpedal at the snap. We've been doing it for years, but want to pretend it isn't the scheme.

Pete coming out and saying the CBS don't challenge is BS. They never have. I mean, are we to believe these guys constantly line up way off the receivers but it isn't by design and can't be corrected by a coach telling them to do it different?

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:50 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:40 pm
DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:23 pm
They line up way off AND backpedal at the snap. We've been doing it for years, but want to pretend it isn't the scheme.

Pete coming out and saying the CBS don't challenge is BS. They never have. I mean, are we to believe these guys constantly line up way off the receivers but it isn't by design and can't be corrected by a coach telling them to do it different?
Bell talked about that this morning - said Flowers was claiming they're just playing the scheme, not what they think they should ACTUALLY be doing, sounds like a lot of the players on D not happy with it.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:52 pm

No one should be, then the fucking coach that tells them to do it comes out and blames them for doing it. Everyone praising Pete for being candid lately, I think the SOB has lost his shit. No one that plays DB would do the shit our guys do unless they were told to!

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:08 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:52 pm
No one should be, then the fucking coach that tells them to do it comes out and blames them for doing it. Everyone praising Pete for being candid lately, I think the SOB has lost his shit. No one that plays DB would do the shit our guys do unless they were told to!
Lost his shit AND his team. Is anyone on that roster a PC fan right now???
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:19 pm

dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:44 pm

Great, let him play his 2 games somewhere else before he gets suspended again. Glad i don't have to hear about him any more.

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:00 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:19 pm
Because we're so deep at WR. Makes perfect sense. :roll:

Not that it would make any difference given our defensive issues. The wheels are coming off boys. This is will a sub .500 team this year unless major changes are made in coaching and scheme.

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:09 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:08 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:52 pm
Lost his shit AND his team. Is anyone on that roster a PC fan right now???
The wheels are definitely falling off. Yes Flowers and Reed both suck, but I've never seen any Hawks players publicly call out the coaching staff and criticize the scheme, and I applaud them for it. I really believe that's the type of thing needed for any changes to happen.

I also saw during the game yesterday a very angry Wagner and Diggs. In fact Diggs was angrily yelling at the Hawks sideline at one point, which I can only assume was directed at the coaching staff. PC is quickly losing this team, and who can blame them. He's not putting his players in the best position to succeed, and he needs to go.

Problem with that is, we have an owner who has no clue and no desire to manage an NFL franchise. Thus a 5-year extension for a HC who's expiration date expired years ago. Pete runs the entire show with no accountability to anyone but himself, and that's the way he and Jody wanted it. She doesn't have to worry about the day to day operations of an NFL team she had no interest in taking over or running in the first place, and Pete has carte blanche to do whatever he damn well chooses with no accountability. It's a losing combination in the purest sense.

So sadly, Pete will be in Seattle for as long as he chooses because Jody is not going to fire him, and he doesn't answer to anyone else. And his ego will never admit that the game has passed him by, and his tired schemes and philosophies don't work in Today's NFL. The game has changed, but he refuses to adapt. He would rather have his corners play 10 yards off the receivers and give up the easy chunk plays, than risk getting beat deep. It's asinine. There's really no other way to describe it.