Three things I learned about the Hawks

Gametime

Re: Three things I learned about the Hawks

Post by Gametime » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:49 pm

Wow, so many bad things happening. Josh shouldn't really be given 25 reinstatements (obviously less). But, we sure could use help there. I am sure he is in a much better position to catch passes from Patrick than Russ. Smart choice. He isn't too loyal though, all that Pete and John did. Kinda crazy.

Right now we have Russ and Pete at odds, defense and Pete/Norton at odds, players at odds, and more. Then not so good drafting by John. So many fires.

I didn't think Pete would start losing the team like this, even with the old big mouth guys it wasn't like this. Maybe this is a tell-tell sign that Pete has lost the team.

We will see going forward.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:12 pm

TraderGary wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:09 pm

So sadly, Pete will be in Seattle for as long as he chooses because Jody is not going to fire him, and he doesn't answer to anyone else. And his ego will never admit that the game has passed him by, and his tired schemes and philosophies don't work in Today's NFL. The game has changed, but he refuses to adapt. He would rather have his corners play 10 yards off the receivers and give up the easy chunk plays, than risk getting beat deep. It's asinine. There's really no other way to describe it.
He doesn't need to go, he just needs to go upstairs. I think his stubbornness to adjust has made him less of a coach. Doesn't mean he is less of a leader. We have made some crummy draft selections, but for the most part the organization has been very solid. Get us a more modern Head Coach who will bring in a new DC and a new philosophy to work with Waldron?

Maybe I am naïve, and maybe that would never work because Pete didn't move upstairs on his own terms, who knows?

SpokaneCoug

Post by SpokaneCoug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:14 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:44 pm
You have to give them credit, playing a hybrid prevent D for an entire game is revolutionary cutting-edge stuff.
Not gonna lie - this made me both laugh and cry.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:18 pm

TraderGary wrote:
D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:08 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:52 pm
No one should be, then the fucking coach that tells them to do it comes out and blames them for doing it. Everyone praising Pete for being candid lately, I think the SOB has lost his shit. No one that plays DB would do the shit our guys do unless they were told to!
Lost his shit AND his team. Is anyone on that roster a PC fan right now???
The wheels are definitely falling off. Yes Flowers and Reed both suck, but I've never seen any Hawks players publicly call out the coaching staff and criticize the scheme, and I applaud them for it. I really believe that's the type of thing needed for any changes to happen.

I also saw during the game yesterday a very angry Wagner and Diggs. In fact Diggs was angrily yelling at the Hawks sideline at one point, which I can only assume was directed at the coaching staff. PC is quickly losing this team, and who can blame them. He's not putting his players in the best position to succeed, and he needs to go.

Problem with that is, we have an owner who has no clue and no desire to manage an NFL franchise. Thus a 5-year extension for a HC who's expiration date expired years ago. Pete runs the entire show with no accountability to anyone but himself, and that's the way he and Jody wanted it. She doesn't have to worry about the day to day operations of an NFL team she had no interest in taking over or running in the first place, and Pete has carte blanche to do whatever he damn well chooses with no accountability. It's a losing combination in the purest sense.

So sadly, Pete will be in Seattle for as long as he chooses because Jody is not going to fire him, and he doesn't answer to anyone else. And his ego will never admit that the game has passed him by, and his tired schemes and philosophies don't work in Today's NFL. The game has changed, but he refuses to adapt. He would rather have his corners play 10 yards off the receivers and give up the easy chunk plays, than risk getting beat deep. It's asinine. There's really no other way to describe it.
Totally.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:37 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:12 pm
TraderGary wrote:

He doesn't need to go, he just needs to go upstairs. I think his stubbornness to adjust has made him less of a coach. Doesn't mean he is less of a leader. We have made some crummy draft selections, but for the most part the organization has been very solid. Get us a more modern Head Coach who will bring in a new DC and a new philosophy to work with Waldron?

Maybe I am naïve, and maybe that would never work because Pete didn't move upstairs on his own terms, who knows?

Pete is not going upstairs, the guy is 70 years old. He either coaches or retires, goes back to LA. He isn't getting fired but it could be decided its time to call it a career. Maybe he finds something to do in southern Cal. He really is a Cali guy. In my mind there is one overwhelming reason Pete is still here, and that is RW. Its hard to retire when you have one of the top NFL QBs in his prime to coach, that would just be tough. I think it comes down to that, if that relationship is fractured, Pete retires
Last edited by Donn Beach on Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:44 pm

1. Pete is stubborn old.
2. Wilson is full of his own shit.
3. All that talent hindered by points 1 and 2.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:58 pm

On the other hand, stubbornness' and ego pretty much go hand and hand with talent doesnt it?

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:01 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:37 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:12 pm
TraderGary wrote:

Pete is not going upstairs, the guy is 70 years old. He either coaches or retires, goes back to LA. He isn't getting fired but it could be decided its time to call it a career. Maybe he finds something to do in southern Cal. He really is a Cali guy. In my mind there is one overwhelming reason Pete is still here, and that is RW. Its hard to retire when you have one of the top NFL QBs in his prime to coach, that would just be tough. I think it comes down to that, if that relationship is fractured, Pete retires
I disagree. If RW leaves, Pete will firmly believe he can win with a game manager at QB and running the ball. And he will somehow still believe he's a defensive mastermind despite being one of the worst defenses in the NFL the last 2 years, and can build the next LOB with the money they save from the RW contract. His ego is so huge, and he will always believe he's one of the best in the NFL, despite results that clearly say otherwise.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:49 am

okay, again, he is 70 years old. My feeling is he wouldn't be interested in starting over building a team. And I don't agree that he feels he could win with just any QB. The Hawks are actually one of the most aggressive teams in the league pushing the long pass, plus 20 yards. That is actually a big part of Petes approach to offense. And in RW he has basically the best at doing it.

That's Pete's offense
“Since entering the NFL in 2012, Wilson leads all quarterbacks in several categories on throws traveling at least 25 yards beyond the line of scrimmage: completions (159), completion rate (41.8%), yards (6,421) and touchdowns (53).”
Last edited by Donn Beach on Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:57 am

I wanna know one thing from Hawks Nation right now:

Clean slate, new staff, starting from scratch, who are you hiring as head coach. You go defense or offense & why.