Week 4 rankings

douche

Week 4 rankings

Post by douche » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:51 pm

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rank ... nfl-season

Most sites have SEA ranked anywhere between 15-17.

This, from NFL.com:

Hang an "Out Of Order" sign on the Seahawks' defense, because it is currently broken. A week after surrendering 532 yards in an overtime loss to the Titans, Seattle coughed up 453 yards to a Kirk Cousins-led Vikings offense that did pretty much whatever it wanted in a 30-17 win at U.S. Bank Stadium.

It was a particularly distressing effort considering the Vikings played the game without Dalvin Cook, their superstar running back, who sat out with an ankle injury. Alexander Mattison stepped in and matched a career high with 112 yards running behind a line that bullied the Seahawks up front.

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Week 4 rankings

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:06 pm

Mattison's only career 100 yard rushing games were both against the Seahawks. You would think they would have been better prepared given they faced him last year, but noop.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:05 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:06 pm
Mattison's only career 100 yard rushing games were both against the Seahawks. You would think they would have been better prepared given they faced him last year, but noop.
When is the last time we played an offense with a pulse and we seemed prepared? Sorry, I just don't believe this defense is devoid of talent. That scheme? In today's game? Can't win with it, you just can't.

We all bitch about the run defense, but if you give up the five to eight yard pass every single time with ZERO effort to defend it? You can't win, flat out, can't win...unless you score 35. That is a lot of pressure on an offense. Every punt means you will be on the sidelines for 12 to 15 plays, 8 or more minutes of football, and come out at least down another three points. EVERY PUNT! I saw a drive chart the other day, and over the last six quarters plus OT we had given up points on all but like 4 drives. And one of those drives was the Vikings killing out the fourth quarter. Gross.

Disgusting what I have to spend my weekends watching. I just don't get it. The Huskies are making me long for the days of Jon Smith, and the Seahawks are making me long for the days of Ray Rhodes!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:17 pm

Yeah, Rhodes and Marshall took a lot of crap on the ST forum, but they were strategic masterminds compared to Norton and Carroll.