PFF grades

Donn Beach

Re: PFF grades

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:15 pm

this is the deal with PFF to me. The Hawk defense is about to set a record for sucking. Yeah, i wouldn't expect to see a lot of great PFF grades. So what is it, I believe PPF misses the synergy of football. Have all those guys gotten stupid, or is it a dysfunctional defense in general. My guess is those grades do not represent the actual talent of the players in question

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:31 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:15 pm
this is the deal with PFF to me. The Hawk defense is about to set a record for sucking. Yeah, i wouldn't expect to see a lot of great PFF grades. So what is it, I believe PPF misses the synergy of football. Have all those guys gotten stupid, or is it a dysfunctional defense in general. My guess is those grades do not represent the actual talent of the players in question
It isn't intended to though. Its is meant to assess how they play.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:11 pm

Okay, for me that would be a function of how the entire defense played. Its like last season, the defense was shitty and then it got good, was that because the players all decided to play better? Or did the coaches iron out the confusion with the defense in general. I am not saying the score isn't true, it just doesn't tell me a lot

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:38 pm

The score tells you who is playing well despite the bad scheme and who is playing badly within the bad scheme. Might be due to the bad scheme but most likely due to lack of talent or just being in a slump of sorts. Sometimes guys play great and sometimes not, just like all sports.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:44 pm

okay, what does Brookes score tell you about him?...is he a shitty player or is he a victim of how the defense in general sucks?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:05 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:44 pm
okay, what does Brookes score tell you about him?...is he a shitty player or is he a victim of how the defense in general sucks?
Well he seemed to play at least adequately last season so I would say a combo of victim and slump.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:22 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:11 pm
Okay, for me that would be a function of how the entire defense played. Its like last season, the defense was shitty and then it got good, was that because the players all decided to play better? Or did the coaches iron out the confusion with the defense in general. I am not saying the score isn't true, it just doesn't tell me a lot
I thought that was about playing a bunch of crappy teams and teams using back-up quarterbacks. Plus, they added Dunlap mid-season.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:23 pm

I think everything I read on him was coverage was a major red flag. This has come to fruition. He looks lost in coverage. I was fortunate to see Jordyn live in two games one each in his last two years of college. He played fantastic---against the run. Even Baylor threw against him in intermediate routes.

Juar another miss by John. Bad drafting. Look back at the last 5 or 6 drafts on the defensive side of the ball. Pretty pathetic. Brooks is one of the best out of the bad bunch-----that should tell you how bad the drafting has been by that statement alone.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:32 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:22 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:11 pm
I thought that was about playing a bunch of crappy teams and teams using back-up quarterbacks. Plus, they added Dunlap mid-season.
Here is the QB's they played in the last half of the season. You tell me was it them getting better or playing bad QB's?

CJ. Beathard--barely won
Dwayne Haskins-won by 5
Colt McCoy and a backup RB-lost
Kyler Murray-Won 269 2 Tds
Josh Allen-Lost 415 3 TD's 1 rushing TD
Murray-Lost 360 3 Tds 1 rushing
Ryan Fitzpatrick-won
Cam Newton-Won 397 1 TD 2 Rushing TDS

So, the last 3 games we were 1-2 against real starting QB's. We feasted on Haskins, Beathard, McCoy (actually lost), Fitzpatrick. Got lit up by out of the league Cam. It wasn't adjustments. It was bad QB's and Dunlap. More so crappy QB's.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:31 pm

dt