Geno Smith Era

trharder

Re: Geno Smith Era

Post by trharder » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:12 am

douche wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:11 pm
We're about to find out what this team is all about. RW has been masking the problems with this team for some time now. With him out, and Carson's status against PIT uncertain, the team's mettle will be tested. Perhaps Pete's inadequacies will be exposed.
I totally believe this used to be the case with RW enabling this team to succeed where it really couldn't have with any other QB.
I'm not sure that's been the case for awhile however.
I'm very skeptical Geno will live up to his brief appearance in the Rams game, but I'm going to be watching closely to see how the
team rallies around him.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:18 am

trharder wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:12 am
douche wrote:
We're about to find out what this team is all about. RW has been masking the problems with this team for some time now. With him out, and Carson's status against PIT uncertain, the team's mettle will be tested. Perhaps Pete's inadequacies will be exposed.
I totally believe this used to be the case with RW enabling this team to succeed where it really couldn't have with any other QB.
I'm very skeptical Geno will live up to his brief appearance in the Rams game, but I'm going to be watching closely to see how the
team rallies around him.
the offense has enough talent that any non-terrible QB can be successful. The difference will be all those close games, where RW pulls a rabbit out the hat. That's how PC plays the games - keep it close, win it at the end - but with this defense that just won't work. If the defense plays to middle-of-the-NFL levels, Geno can succeed, because he won't have to be a miracle worker. If they continue at worst-in-history levels, it will put him in a position where he has to do too much... and I don't think that will turn out well.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:20 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:27 am
I was looking at RW's stats someplace, thought they seemed pretty good, leading the league in a number of categories?

on the other hand, there is this, assuming you guys are aware of, could set a record

Brady Henderson
@BradyHenderson
From
@ESPNStatsInfo
: The Seahawks have allowed 450-plus total yards in four straight games, the longest streak in team history and tied for the longest streak in NFL history.
Hopefully Rosthlisberger won't throw for over 450 yards like he did against the Seahawks in 2015.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:50 pm

If there was ever a year to have a 1st Rd pick 🙄

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:55 pm

Is Adams physical enough to be moved to linebacker?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:59 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:55 pm
I'm not sure who has been starting at strong side LB but whoever it is they probably have at least 50 lbs on Adams. So, he might be a liability there in run support.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:00 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
No way in God's Green Earth.

Watch him last game get blown away by blockers. One was Cooper K.

At LB he will still have to cover, he can't. One thing he has proven over and over and over in his 1.25 years is he can't cover. Always an excuse by people he is injured, he wasn't this bad in NY, it is the scheme, it is somebody else's responsibility. He gets exposed in coverage game in and game out.

He is great on rushing the passer if they sell out (Millen has broken this down tons of times) on the blitz in multiple areas, is is ok if it is just him blitzing. And flat out bad as a safety in coverage. But, there are always excuses for this dude. The Jets absolutely fleeced us on this trade. I was for the trade, I thought he was much better. Didn't realize he was truly a one trick pony.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:02 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:59 pm
AZOldDawg wrote:
I'm not sure who has been starting at strong side LB but whoever it is they probably have at least 50 lbs on Adams. So, he might be a liability there in run support.
I agree. Crazy Liability in run support and liability in coverage. 17.5 million bucks and he can't do much of anything well. I didn't think he would be this bad.

douche

Post by douche » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:09 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:18 am
trharder wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:12 am
douche wrote:
team rallies around him.
the offense has enough talent that any non-terrible QB can be successful. The difference will be all those close games, where RW pulls a rabbit out the hat. That's how PC plays the games - keep it close, win it at the end - but with this defense that just won't work. If the defense plays to middle-of-the-NFL levels, Geno can succeed, because he won't have to be a miracle worker. If they continue at worst-in-history levels, it will put him in a position where he has to do too much... and I don't think that will turn out well.
Agreed.

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:43 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:40 pm
XpertDBA wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:24 pm
Now there's these crazy rumors swirling about Cam Newton coming to Seattle.

God, no....please no.....I'll do anything, just keep him away from here.
Has to be a stupid rumor. I can't see how that would make any sense. Not to back up Geno, and after Geno played pretty damn well on Thursday there would be no real reason to bring in someone that doesn't know the offense to start, especially someone like Cam that would more than likely be a pretty damn big distraction.
Rumor mill is back on for Cam. If he comes to Seattle, I swear I won't watch another Seahawk game this year.