Geno Smith Era

SeattleAddict

Re: Geno Smith Era

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:36 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:16 pm
They could exhume his body and do a Weekend at Bernie's number with it and it would be an improvement.
damn. :lol: :lol:

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:42 pm

What I'm looking forward to the most, is the brief change of pace, maybe discover what this team is really made of, and I'm also eagerly awaiting the first interception or loss under Geno and the meltdown on here and lamenting that it's all JS's fault that he didn't draft Mahomes, Murray, or sign Brady in the off season. You know that's coming - you can count on it - just like you can count on it being rainy in Seattle. "Goddammint! If he hadn't drafted Penny and McDowell, there would be no injuries, we'd be undefeated, and raising our tenth SB trophy! So sick of JS intentionally sabotaging the seahawks!" Ohhhhh myyyy gawwwwwwwd! Fire JS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You KNOW it's coming, that's why it's so damn funny! :lol:

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:18 pm

As someone (Michael?) already pointed out, being able to watch someone else quarterback this team for the first time in almost a decade should tell us a lot about the job Wilson has been doing. One thing that stood out against the Rams was that Smith targeted DK a lot more than Wilson has been.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:22 pm

auroraave wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:42 pm
What I'm looking forward to the most, is the brief change of pace, maybe discover what this team is really made of, and I'm also eagerly awaiting the first interception or loss under Geno and the meltdown on here and lamenting that it's all JS's fault that he didn't draft Mahomes, Murray, or sign Brady in the off season. You know that's coming - you can count on it - just like you can count on it being rainy in Seattle. "Goddammint! If he hadn't drafted Penny and McDowell, there would be no injuries, we'd be undefeated, and raising our tenth SB trophy! So sick of JS intentionally sabotaging the seahawks!" Ohhhhh myyyy gawwwwwwwd! Fire JS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I predict nobody will blame a Geno Smith interception on drafting Malik McDowell. Call me crazy.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:17 pm

auroraave wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:42 pm

Have you made one post in here in two years that wasn’t something similar to this bullshit? Poor drafts, specifically poor early round decisions, have been discussed in MANY places not just here. Do you email or comment back shit like this on all of them, or just to the five to ten guys that post it in here?

If you think the only place that talks about that shit is in here than you aren’t paying attention. Turn on a radio, a television set or read a few articles.

Wasn’t it you that a few days ago said it pisses you off that this team doesn’t have QB competition? Jesus dude, find me a playoff team that had QB competition this summer. Yet you make a post claiming people will say we should have gotten Murray, Mahomes or Brady? Youre the genius that said they needed a QB competition. Who should they have gone and got them?

No one but you said the issue was QB competition, but a few days later you post this bullshit? Good lord.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:22 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:10 pm

My biggest complaint about Seattle's front office is the lack of competition at the QB spot - I've been hoping for years now hat they would begin to look at options before Wilson's next contract - and now it's looking like it's too late. They went all in on him - with no planning for the future - and Wilson has led them exactly no where. He's good, best to play in Seattle, but as I've blathered on about for years now - there is simply no motivation beyond his brand building and personal accolades and the front office should have been more aware. It'll be sad to see him go, but this needs to happen - maybe he could jump start his passion for the game on another team - I seriously hope so - but this idling in neutral shit has gone on for too long.
Yep, the issue with this team was not that they didn't give the Franchise QB more to work with, the issue was they didn't replace him. So, by your own words, if that wasn't with drafting a Mahomes or Murray, how would they exactly do that? Again, please pick out a Championship caliber team that spent this summer in the midst of a QB competition. I will eagerly await your answer.

The same guys that cries and whines constantly about it not being the FO's fault because they simply draft too low to get anyone good? Is the one that thinks the Wilson's replecement was out there, and they fucked up by trying to add talent in other spots. Yep, the guys complaining about wasted picks like McDowell, Collier and Penny are fucking dumb...it is geniuses like you that think the next Russell Wilson was out there and they missed it that have it all together! Holy Shit man, you really are a trip.

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:24 pm

Now there's these crazy rumors swirling about Cam Newton coming to Seattle.

God, no....please no.....I'll do anything, just keep him away from here.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:40 pm

XpertDBA wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:24 pm
Now there's these crazy rumors swirling about Cam Newton coming to Seattle.

God, no....please no.....I'll do anything, just keep him away from here.
Has to be a stupid rumor. I can't see how that would make any sense. Not to back up Geno, and after Geno played pretty damn well on Thursday there would be no real reason to bring in someone that doesn't know the offense to start, especially someone like Cam that would more than likely be a pretty damn big distraction.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:41 pm

I am interested in seeing what Geno can do with our talented receivers.
He seemed to hit DK a few times this last game out.
Imagine with some time and real gametime experience.
Might force DK to step it up his play a bit.
They'll actually see where the ball is coming from now! :lol:
With that said Geno is not the youngest or most mobile guy.
He's going to get a few hard knocks too with this O-line.
imho if we win the next two out of three we're in a good spot for Wilson to return and make it a season.
If not, we're screwed.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:05 pm

I agree, losing two of three to Pitt, NO and Jacksonville would be disasterous.