Geno Smith Era

auroraave

Re: Geno Smith Era

Post by auroraave » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:42 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:17 pm
auroraave wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:42 pm
What I'm looking forward to the most, is the brief change of pace, maybe discover what this team is really made of, and I'm also eagerly awaiting the first interception or loss under Geno and the meltdown on here and lamenting that it's all JS's fault that he didn't draft Mahomes, Murray, or sign Brady in the off season. You know that's coming - you can count on it - just like you can count on it being rainy in Seattle. "Goddammint! If he hadn't drafted Penny and McDowell, there would be no injuries, we'd be undefeated, and raising our tenth SB trophy! So sick of JS intentionally sabotaging the seahawks!" Ohhhhh myyyy gawwwwwwwd! Fire JS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You KNOW it's coming, that's why it's so damn funny! :lol:
Have you made one post in here in two years that wasn’t something similar to this bullshit? Poor drafts, specifically poor early round decisions, have been discussed in MANY places not just here. Do you email or comment back shit like this on all of them, or just to the five to ten guys that post it in here?

If you think the only place that talks about that shit is in here than you aren’t paying attention. Turn on a radio, a television set or read a few articles.

Wasn’t it you that a few days ago said it pisses you off that this team doesn’t have QB competition? Jesus dude, find me a playoff team that had QB competition this summer. Yet you make a post claiming people will say we should have gotten Murray, Mahomes or Brady? Youre the genius that said they needed a QB competition. Who should they have gone and got them?

No one but you said the issue was QB competition, but a few days later you post this bullshit? Good lord.
I made no comment about Geno Smith's skill set - good, bad, or indifferent - I posted that on his very first mistake - this place will melt down, as they always do, and blame it on JS somehow. I 100% welcome any competition - have not wavered from that anywhere in the previous post that, I guess, you seem to think I have. You're just pissed off because you'll be the very first one raging on here about JS's failures - you pretty much have carried that flag for his entire run. "ok, my gawwwwwd Malik Mcdowell!" because you somehow knew about his ATM fail, or how about "if only we'd drafted Nick Chubb - he'd never get injured (because NO seahawk RB's EVER get injured - right?) and he would be GUARANTEED 2,000 yards every season" type nonsense. Please cut and paste, specifically, where I said anything about changing my mind on the QB competition (you can't because I didn't). I'm the only guy on here that NEVER complains about drafting or roster moves because I'm apparently the only one who understands and accepts the risks involved in taking action - the same risks every single professional sports franchise has to undertake - and I don't pretend I know better.

You will be the first one complaining - and we both know it. "Why the FUCK didn't JS have a better back up?? We coulda traded up for Mahomes!" type shit. That's this forum's mentality in a nutshell - all based on the laughable luxury of hindsight and magic. It's hilarious because it's true and it's clear and obvious to anyone with a pulse, but I can see how you wouldn't be laughing - you're arguably the biggest JS complainer on here. Own it, dude. The shit's funny - because it's so goddam predictable. I love your passion for the team, though - 100%.

Truthfully, your rebuttal makes no sense at all. You're arguing with yourself - you're just pissed that I am telegraphing exactly what is going to happen on here - because it's what always happens on here - somehow it's a JS failure - because he's the scapegoat for everything - including injuries and probably inclement weather. :lol:

douche

Post by douche » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:11 pm

We're about to find out what this team is all about. RW has been masking the problems with this team for some time now. With him out, and Carson's status against PIT uncertain, the team's mettle will be tested. Perhaps Pete's inadequacies will be exposed.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:20 pm

Forget the drafts, the trade for and re-signing of Adams was a franchise wrecker and there's enough blame to spread equally between Carroll and Schneider and sink both their ships.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:53 pm

auroraave wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:42 pm
I made no comment about Geno Smith's skill set - good, bad, or indifferent - I posted that on his very first mistake - this place will melt down, as they always do, and blame it on JS somehow.
What does that have to do with anything you blathered on about?
auroraave wrote:
I 100% welcome any competition - have not wavered from that anywhere in the previous post that, I guess, you seem to think I have.
No, I find it hilarious that the guy that rips on people for criticizing them for their draft choices actually criticizes them for not having a QB competition. Again, show me the playoff contender in the last ten seasons that had a QB competition that summer. I will wait eagerly for somethign you will completely ignore and make us some other debate that was never being had.
auroraave wrote:
You're just pissed off because you'll be the very first one raging on here about JS's failures - you pretty much have carried that flag for his entire run. "ok, my gawwwwwd Malik Mcdowell!" because you somehow knew about his ATM fail, or how about "if only we'd drafted Nick Chubb - he'd never get injured (because NO seahawk RB's EVER get injured - right?) and he would be GUARANTEED 2,000 yards every season" type nonsense. Please cut and paste, specifically, where I said anything about changing my mind on the QB competition (you can't because I didn't). I'm the only guy on here that NEVER complains about drafting or roster moves because I'm apparently the only one who understands and accepts the risks involved in taking action - the same risks every single professional sports franchise has to undertake - and I don't pretend I know better.
Nothing you just typed in that ridiculous run on paragraph makes sense to anyone but you. I seriously can't even follow you. I, and many others in here and elsewhere, have criticized their draft picks. Do you HONESTLY think I am the only one to want to know why they passed on two Georgia RBs to draft Rashaad Penny? Am I the only one wanting to know why they wasted a first round pick on LJ Collier? Jesus, get over yourself. Many people are critical of their first round choices, even McDowell that wasn't a first rounder. He fell in the draft for a reason. Was it because he would wreck an ATV? No, it was because he had red flags. Boy, did he ever. Smart guy right?
auroraave wrote:
You will be the first one complaining - and we both know it. "Why the FUCK didn't JS have a better back up?? We coulda traded up for Mahomes!" type shit. That's this forum's mentality in a nutshell - all based on the laughable luxury of hindsight and magic. It's hilarious because it's true and it's clear and obvious to anyone with a pulse, but I can see how you wouldn't be laughing - you're arguably the biggest JS complainer on here. Own it, dude. The shit's funny - because it's so goddam predictable. I love your passion for the team, though - 100%.
That is the dumbest shit I have ever read. No one but you is claiming they needed a QB competition. Good effing God man. Get a grip on yourself. Do you read your ramblings before you click submit? Again, find me the last playoff team that had a QB competition going into the season. I will wait.
auroraave wrote:
Truthfully, your rebuttal makes no sense at all. You're arguing with yourself - you're just pissed that I am telegraphing exactly what is going to happen on here - because it's what always happens on here - somehow it's a JS failure - because he's the scapegoat for everything - including injuries and probably inclement weather. :lol:
Huh? My argument makes sense to all but you. You get mad when people criticize the FO, but then critcize them for off all things, NOT HAVING A QB COMPETITION WHEN THEIR QB IS A PRO BOWLER. Seriously?

Drafting several guys early that were projected to go later that fail....nope, can't criticize that. Not finding a QB to compete with the one that make Pro Bowls and All Pros....that is the problem. Yep, I am the one that doesn't make sense.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:56 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:10 pm

My biggest complaint about Seattle's front office is the lack of competition at the QB spot - I've been hoping for years now hat they would begin to look at options before Wilson's next contract - and now it's looking like it's too late. They went all in on him - with no planning for the future - and Wilson has led them exactly no where. He's good, best to play in Seattle, but as I've blathered on about for years now - there is simply no motivation beyond his brand building and personal accolades and the front office should have been more aware. It'll be sad to see him go, but this needs to happen - maybe he could jump start his passion for the game on another team - I seriously hope so - but this idling in neutral shit has gone on for too long.
Here it is again, in case you forgot. Yes, it was you that said their problem was not having a QB competition. Because, I guess, that is what playoff teams do....have a Franchise QB and another one ready to take his job that year.

That criticism, in the world of Aurora Ave? Warranted. Wonder why they waste early draft picks? Totally unwarrnated.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:59 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:20 pm
Forget the drafts, the trade for and re-signing of Adams was a franchise wrecker and there's enough blame to spread equally between Carroll and Schneider and sink both their ships.
There were some that didn't want the trade, and others that liked it because we haven't been good at first round picks anyway. Little did we know that the issue wasn't draft picks or trades, but the fact that they didn't find another Qb as good as Russ to have a competition with.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:26 am

auroraave wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:17 pm
auroraave wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:42 pm
What I'm looking forward to the most, is the brief change of pace, maybe discover what this team is really made of, and I'm also eagerly awaiting the first interception or loss under Geno and the meltdown on here and lamenting that it's all JS's fault that he didn't draft Mahomes, Murray, or sign Brady in the off season. You know that's coming - you can count on it - just like you can count on it being rainy in Seattle. "Goddammint! If he hadn't drafted Penny and McDowell, there would be no injuries, we'd be undefeated, and raising our tenth SB trophy! So sick of JS intentionally sabotaging the seahawks!" Ohhhhh myyyy gawwwwwwwd! Fire JS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You KNOW it's coming, that's why it's so damn funny! :lol:
Have you made one post in here in two years that wasn’t something similar to this bullshit? Poor drafts, specifically poor early round decisions, have been discussed in MANY places not just here. Do you email or comment back shit like this on all of them, or just to the five to ten guys that post it in here?

If you think the only place that talks about that shit is in here than you aren’t paying attention. Turn on a radio, a television set or read a few articles.

Wasn’t it you that a few days ago said it pisses you off that this team doesn’t have QB competition? Jesus dude, find me a playoff team that had QB competition this summer. Yet you make a post claiming people will say we should have gotten Murray, Mahomes or Brady? Youre the genius that said they needed a QB competition. Who should they have gone and got them?

No one but you said the issue was QB competition, but a few days later you post this bullshit? Good lord.
I made no comment about Geno Smith's skill set - good, bad, or indifferent - I posted that on his very first mistake - this place will melt down, as they always do, and blame it on JS somehow. I 100% welcome any competition - have not wavered from that anywhere in the previous post that, I guess, you seem to think I have. You're just pissed off because you'll be the very first one raging on here about JS's failures - you pretty much have carried that flag for his entire run. "ok, my gawwwwwd Malik Mcdowell!" because you somehow knew about his ATM fail, or how about "if only we'd drafted Nick Chubb - he'd never get injured (because NO seahawk RB's EVER get injured - right?) and he would be GUARANTEED 2,000 yards every season" type nonsense. Please cut and paste, specifically, where I said anything about changing my mind on the QB competition (you can't because I didn't). I'm the only guy on here that NEVER complains about drafting or roster moves because I'm apparently the only one who understands and accepts the risks involved in taking action - the same risks every single professional sports franchise has to undertake - and I don't pretend I know better.

Dude you basically come on here the past couple years alternating between telling guys that probably average watching 6-8 hours a week of the NFL how terrible the NFL is and "brag" that you don't watch the NFL any more with telling everyone that we are idiots for suggesting the Hawks have wasted top draft picks when literally everyone knows they have been drafting complete busts since the very beginning of Obama's second term. Its not even remotely controversial any more.

Now in today's rants you predict that we are going to complain about not having a top 10 NFL QB backing up a guy who has NEVER missed meaningful snaps. Something that only YOU have ever suggested should have happened. And when it was discussed that they should or might trade him, you scream click bait and that none of it ever happened even though that is exactly what you suggest should happen given he is more focused on his cologne and other business pursuits than football. Its bizarre.

You are more than welcome and appreciated on the politics forum and great performances forum but not sure if this forum is for you any longer unless you chill the fuck out with the "I'm smarter than all you idiots" routine.

Sorry, calling it like I see it.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:28 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:18 am
I was impressed with him Thursday. Especially what he did pre snap. Be interesting though now that the defense has a week to prepare.
I was impressed with him too. If Tyler Lockett didn't get tangled up with the defender leading to that interception they might well have won that game. Everybody thinks that Russell is so great because he always pulls a rabbit out of the hat with his school yard acrobatics on busted plays. He also is among the best in the league at putting touch on his deep balls. but what if he really isn't a very good QB on the regular stuff. It very well could be that he is below average at reading defenses, going through progressions and standing in the pocket and knowing where his receivers will be etc. Hypothetically what if Geno comes out and this offense looks better than it has with Russ in there. What happens for the future of the franchise then?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:43 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:28 pm
but what if he really isn't a very good QB on the regular stuff. It very well could be that he is below average at reading defenses, going through progressions and standing in the pocket and knowing where his receivers will be etc. Hypothetically what if Geno comes out and this offense looks better than it has with Russ in there. What happens for the future of the franchise then?
Small sample size, but Gino looked better in his first two drives right out of the gate against the Rams than Wilson has in most all of his drives against the Rams. Was it a coincidence that he had so much time to dissect the defense? What if the issue getting out of the huddle is on Russ and not the play caller? We sure didn't have any issues with the clock on Gino's three drives?

I hate to beat the dead horse, but the middle of the field just might not be an option with Russ. Yes, I am going to bring up the height, but I can't be the only one that wondered what if when he bounced that wide open TE pop pass off Donald's head? How about the fact that against the Rams, in BIG moments, we have had run plays DESTROYED because they went right at Donald?

It is not a coincidence that Adams' blitzes aren't as effect, or as often anymore. Teams are dissecting them because the QB is checking into a screen or quick pass into the void that Adams leaves. Based on three drives of watching Gino? What if he is better at that than Russ? It isn't out of the question.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:27 am

I was looking at RW's stats someplace, thought they seemed pretty good, leading the league in a number of categories?

on the other hand, there is this, assuming you guys are aware of, could set a record

Brady Henderson
@BradyHenderson
From
@ESPNStatsInfo
: The Seahawks have allowed 450-plus total yards in four straight games, the longest streak in team history and tied for the longest streak in NFL history.