I am a Seahawks fan, so I see things differently.

Michael K.

I am a Seahawks fan, so I see things differently.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:29 pm

I remember a Game of the Week back in the LOBs hey day Troy Aikman was freaking the eff out about how the Seahawks were man handling receivers. It became a bit of a back and forth on some social media, even spoken about the next day by some talking heads. It wasn't long after some of the rules became more strict. I remember two things Troy said, one was basically that he hates the way we play football, but the other was that it seems like we just believe that they can't call every penalty, so we will just grab and hold on every play.

Collinsworth basically said the same things last night, but justified it by saying "they think that is what the Chiefs do, so they are just going to do it right back." No uproar.

It seems to me that we are rather hated. The Seahawks have a Super Bowl stolen from them by the refs? We are told to shut up and get over it, we had several chances. The Saints? A PI call forces them to kick a FG, they then turn around and give up a FG drive to the Rams to tie it, get the ball back in OT and throw a pick, five up a FG, lose? And the world is in an uproar, no one tells them to get over it. Shit, the world even backs their idiotic fans suing the NFL!

The Patriots supposedly over inflate a ball, and it is a huge scandal. They are stealing film, big story. Their players come out in several interviews and say Butler knew what we were going to run out of that formation in the Super because...."They had gone over it many times in practice."? Belichek is viewed a genius....almost NO ONE mentions the fact that the Seahawks had NEVER RUN THAT PLAY FROM THAT FORMATION IN ONE SINGLE GAME....EVER!

How did the Patriots know to practice against a play from a formation we had never run in a game if they didn't somehow see us practice? Trust me, if the world cared, it would have been a big deal.

The world is ready for the next upstart, so the fact that the Bills grabbed and held, played LOB style defense LONG after the league basically said that can't happen? Who cares. Sorry, if we had beaten the Packers, Rams or Cardinals that way, on a Sunday night? Social Media and the rest of the media would be in an uproar right this second.

But, again, I am a Seahawk fan, so I probably see it differently. There are probably a million fans that claim they lost a Super Bowl from the refs and no one cared, that they lost a game because the other team stole their practice video or that the refs let the other team grab and hold their receivers. I just know that for about four or five years I had to listen to damn near every announcer point out every time one of our DBs even bumped someone. Then I watched last night and the Bills held on every single pass route. Collinsworth saw it, and excused it.

Oh, and after Kelsie took a shot to the back of the head, the definition of defenseless receiver? He says "no one WANTS to make that hit" Bullshit, if the guy didn't want to hit him, he wouldn't have hit him! Wagner did that to cost us a game last year against the Cardinals, and all I heard was how senseless it was. And? They were right. Wrap the guy up, if the receiver has his back to you, you simply can't hit him anymore. End of story, so go wrap him up.