Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:06 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:34 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:29 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:03 pm
sure, where you work you get to call your boss a queer :lol:
Anyone that thinks this is going to stop with Gruden is naïve. Cancel Culture and BLM are out for blood whether it's due or not.....must take out the whites at all costs.
its not stopping, whites will be the minority in America, think about it! Have you started your bunker? What are you waiting for?
No bunker....just lots and lots of guns and industrial gun safes that only my family has access to.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: Gruden about to get cancelled

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:11 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:59 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:45 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:03 pm
sure, where you work you get to call your boss a queer :lol:
He didn't make his comments "at work". It was a private email.

I'm wondering, would you be okay if everything you have said or written privately during your life was made public (or available to a government panel)and, based on those remarks that could be construed as offensive to a protected group, you were subject to losing your job (with no chance at continuing that career elsewhere) along with character assassination through the media? Given that our government already has the ability to surveil most phone conversations, emails, and text messages what i described above is a very likely endpoint to where being okay with this will take us.
the difference is nobody would give a shit about what i think, I am not in the public spotlight to begin with. But even I am careful about the opinions I put the internet. Again, what does this have to do with protected groups? Were you morally outraged over the DMC emails being exposed? I have no sympathy for Gruden at all, you want to make disparaging remarks about the people you work for and work with, you better hope they do not come to light. I do not see this being about his using the word "queer", its that he called the commissioner of the NFL a queer, that to me would make it difficult to continue to represent the NFL as a football coach
Why should it matter if the person is famous or not. Their opinion is jus that, their opinion. Whether he uses the word nigger, queer, faggot, balloon lips, or anything else, why should that matter? He has free speech, just like the rest of us.

I've posted on these boards that being a racist is not illegal. Neither is being a homophobe or any other race/class hatred. I find it amusing that during our childhood that we all were told not to bend to pier-pressure. Now that is all we are getting.....fall in line. The gay life is "normal". Middle eastern people don't want to blow us up. The government is always right, we all better listen and obey.

Wow, what a power grab!!

As for your example of DMC emails, I assume you mean DNC emails. And why shouldn't we be outraged with that LACK OF GOVERNMENTAL SECURITY. Just you using it as an example against NFL-related emails shows a total lack of understanding on your part. One is National security, the other is entertainment.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:19 pm

it matters because someone like Gruden is representing something else, an organization. You can go online and post whatever you feel like, nobody cares. Gruden is there representing the Raiders and the NFL, so his opinions are held to a different standard. You can complain about it to your heart's content. But Jon Gruden can't expect to represent the NFL and the Raiders and go on about niggers and queers on the internet. If that bothers you about the modern world, well tough shit

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:28 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
the difference is nobody would give a shit about what i think, I am not in the public spotlight to begin with. But even I am careful about the opinions I put the internet. Again, what does this have to do with protected groups?
Apparently you're not familiar with the history of totalitarianism, particulary that of communist regimes. Do you understand that in China they surveil everything and assign "social credit" scores to their citizens? If you don't think that is coming here you're naive, and the inertia to make it happen will come from what has already been done in the name of equity supposedly for the sake of protected groups.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:32 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:19 pm
it matters because someone like Gruden is representing something else, an organization. You can go online and post whatever you feel like, nobody cares. Gruden is there representing the Raiders and the NFL, so his opinions are held to a different standard. You can complain about it to your heart's content. But Jon Gruden can't expect to represent the NFL and the Raiders and go on about niggers and queers on the internet. If that bothers you about the modern world, well tough shit
Let's play a little game.....
In your world......
-You are a business owner with 50 employees working for 3 different Fortune 200 companies.

-You happen to have a gay employee (nobody cares as he doesn't flaunt it and does great work).

-This employee happens to manage one of the Fortune 200 companies (a 2 million dollar client).

-One weekend your 2-millon dollar client (a very religious person) is walking is walking through Freemont, WA and the gay pride parade happens. They sees your employee (their contact at YOUR COMPANY) in a leather thong grinding on another fellow showing the world his true feelings (as a gay man).

-That Monday, your client threatens to pull their work unless you assign someone else as the client contact.

--What do you do? Your employee is on their personal time and never acts like this at work. If you put them on another account (which all have their managers) you will have to demote someone else.

What's more important to you, happy clients (money) or a happy person?

And before you say that this cannot happen, it did. With the company I worked with 30 years ago.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:35 pm

acctingman wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:55 pm
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:53 am
acctingman wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:45 am

Rubber lips isn't offensive when he's referencing men of color? Are you fucking serious???
The term "men of color" is offensive to me, so does that make you a racist?
Wow......just.....wow
The point is that words are cheap and language can be construed in ways that would bely its intent. Someone could easily make the argument that that expression implies white people lack color and hence anything that word might imply. You disagree?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:44 pm

Don,
You see, I believe that everyone in this country has THE SAME RIGHTS. It doesn't matter if you are the President of the United States or a fucking dock worker.

You have the same rights as every other citizen of this country.....and that includes the freedom of speech.

Unfortunately that isn't the case. The rich/powerful get their way more often that not.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:00 pm

Jon Gruden doesn't have a right to be an NFL coach

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:28 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
the difference is nobody would give a shit about what i think, I am not in the public spotlight to begin with. But even I am careful about the opinions I put the internet. Again, what does this have to do with protected groups?
Apparently you're not familiar with the history of totalitarianism, particulary that of communist regimes. Do you understand that in China they surveil everything and assign "social credit" scores to their citizens? If you don't think that is coming here you're naive, and the inertia to make it happen will come from what has already been done in the name of equity supposedly for the sake of protected groups.
actually i am quite familiar with it, its an interesting topic. My dystopian view of the future does turn on the people losing the concept of privacy, its not going to be china surveilling its citizens as much as people willingly becoming a part of an organism that has no privacy. Its like this murder that happened awhile ago in Greece. The husband did it, he tried to concoct a story that fell apart once the evidence was analyzed. It wasn't the govt. surveilling them, it was their connection to all their "smart" devices and whatever. If you are going to kill someone, make sure your gadgets don't snitch you out. In any event, if you want to use Jon Gruden as your poster boy for the evils of the "brave new world" coming, okay, good luck with that

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57523469

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:43 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:31 pm

That's why I use the phrase "dumb-ass" and "dip-shit" all the time.
8-)
That's offensive to people with asses. Or shit.

Or it will be soon.