PFF

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: PFF

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:35 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:47 pm
So, losing to the Rams, Squeelers and Saints all on late turnovers by Gino is all forgotten because we beat the worst coach in the NFL and a rookie QB, without their best offensive player? That game did little in most eyes to disprove what we saw to finish out the three games prior. It takes a Super Human effort from the QB to overcome late deficits. Something we have spoken about for years in here. Gino blew it three straight times.

I don't think Gino sucks, but I think this team does. It has two of the stupidest schemes on both sides of the ball and is run by a guy that still thinks 3rd down is just one step closer to a punt. We lose 9 or 10 games a year with all but about five QBs alive right now. And as dogshit scared of his shadow as Mahomes looks like right? It might be four...and one of those likes to touch unwilling masseuses.
The late interception vs the Rams wasn't really Geno's fault and he led them to 10 points on the two prior possessions, so how did he lose that game? Also, he didn't turn the ball over vs the Stains. He did take two bad sacks at the end though. I would say he cost the Seahawks one win at most.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:56 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:35 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:47 pm
So, losing to the Rams, Squeelers and Saints all on late turnovers by Gino is all forgotten because we beat the worst coach in the NFL and a rookie QB, without their best offensive player? That game did little in most eyes to disprove what we saw to finish out the three games prior. It takes a Super Human effort from the QB to overcome late deficits. Something we have spoken about for years in here. Gino blew it three straight times.

I don't think Gino sucks, but I think this team does. It has two of the stupidest schemes on both sides of the ball and is run by a guy that still thinks 3rd down is just one step closer to a punt. We lose 9 or 10 games a year with all but about five QBs alive right now. And as dogshit scared of his shadow as Mahomes looks like right? It might be four...and one of those likes to touch unwilling masseuses.
The late interception vs the Rams wasn't really Geno's fault and he led them to 10 points on the two prior possessions, so how did he lose that game? Also, he didn't turn the ball over vs the Stains. He did take two bad sacks at the end though. I would say he cost the Seahawks one win at most.
He had the ball, three straight weeks, in a one score game and didn't gain as much as one first down. This team plays EVERY game this way, and the guy that takes over for Russ losses his first three?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:53 pm

Weren't the Seahawks down 16-7 when Wilson got injured, and Geno on the next possession took the Seahawks 98 yards for the TD. Then the D immediately let the Rams drive for a TD of their own. Was that Geno's fault too? He had very little to do with loss.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:21 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:53 pm
Weren't the Seahawks down 16-7 when Wilson got injured, and Geno on the next possession took the Seahawks 98 yards for the TD. Then the D immediately let the Rams drive for a TD of their own. Was that Geno's fault too? He had very little to do with loss.
Would you have said that if it was Russ that threw the late pick?

Again, do you hear anyone around the league saying Seattle obviously doesn't need Russ Wilson after his injury? I am not sure what point you are getting at here. The guy who even Pete says has saved his job with late game heroics goes down and we lose three straight games where we had the ball last and could win the game.

We won one damn game and that was against a team with a shitty ass coach, a rookie QB and one who lost their best offensive player in the first quarter. Nothing happened since Russ left to make anyone believe this team can even be a 7 and 10 team without him.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:23 pm

Russ stinks against the Rams, that has pissed me off for years, but I think this staff is even worse against the Rams. Still, they win the next three games with Russ. At 5 and 3 we would be tied with the Saints for the second WC.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:31 am

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:29 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:52 pm

I get your overall point, but I think you're off base on the running back front. Derrick Henry, before getting hurt, had the Titans looking like a top contender. Zeke has the Cowboys 3.5 games up in their division. Kamara is a beast. Packers have the 7th highest paid RB in Jones. Carson is the 16th highest paid RB in the league, so smack dab in the middle. Now picture if he WASN'T... Rashaad freakin' Penny would be starting (not that he SHOULD, but he WOULD), and we would be 0-17, because they'd take away wins for having somebody that bad play. Pretty sure that's in the rules.
Zeke signed how many years ago? When is the last time they made the playoffs? The Saints have NO weapons outside of Kamara, and Henry getting hurt is just Tod Gurley 2.0. Biggest weapon gets over used, don't win a Super Bowl and soon you don't have your biggest weapon. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Our situation is dire because we can't draft them, like we should. Carson was lucky...otherwise, name a RB this regime has drafted that was good? Collins? And it took letting him walk to realize that
SeattleAddict wrote:
So, we didn't overpay for Carson, plenty of contenders have high-paid RBs, we NEEDED him, and btw the teams you listed - the Bucs pay almost as much for their RB as we do, the Chiefs hit the jackpot with Edwards-Helaire on a rookie deal, and the Rams I think sold their soul to the devil to get their roster.
Plenty of contenders? You named like three. One of them no longer has the back and the other is the fucking Saints who just lost to Atlanta and barely beat us with Gino!

NFL's highest paid running backs (average salary per year):
1. Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey: $16 million
2. Saints RB Alvin Kamara: $15 million
2. Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott: $15 million
4. Vikings RB Dalvin Cook: $12.6 million
5. Titans RB Derrick Henry: $12.5 million
6. Browns RB Nick Chubb: $12.2 million
7. Packers RB Aaron Jones: $12 million
7. Bengals QB Joe Mixon: $12 million
9. Broncos RB Melvin Gordon: $8 million
10. Giants RB Saquon Barkley: $7.8 million

Besides #7, who plays for a SB contender? Henry is out, remember that. Zeke? They just got boat raced by Denver....and they have like what, one playoff appearance in Zeke's entire career?

First place teams in the AFC right now are Buffalo, LA Chargers the Ravens and Tennessee. So, of all first place teams, the only one in first place that had a top 10 paid back? Lost the back.

The top 3 teams in the WC hunt are Pitt, Vegas and the Patriots. Nope, no one in the top 10. So, besides King Henry?
The NFC has Dallas, AZ, Green Bay and Tampa Bay. 2 backs in the top 10.

Rams, Saints and Falcons are currently in. 1 top 10 back.

So, even counting Henry, only four of the top ten backs would currently make the playoffs. Four out of FOURTEEN. Which is better than the last time I did this when only 8, 9, and 10 made the playoffs....and 8 and 9 both played for the same team.

Again, if you had to chose a Super Bowl winner right now? Which of those backs play on a team you would chose?

SUPER BOWL 56 ODDS
ODDS TO WIN SUPER BOWL 56 (2/13/22)
Team BetMGM Odds WynnBET Odds
Buffalo Bills +600 +550
Tampa Bay Buccaneers +600 +550
Arizona Cardinals +800 +700
Los Angeles Rams +800 +800
Green Bay Packers +1000 +1000
Baltimore Ravens +1100 +1000
Dallas Cowboys +1200 +1100
Kansas City Chiefs +1200 +1300
Tennessee Titans +1200 +1000
Los Angeles Chargers +2000 +2000
Cleveland Browns +3000 +2000
New England Patriots +3000 +4500
Pittsburgh Steelers +4000 +6000
New Orleans Saints +5000 +6000
Cincinnati Bengals +5000 +6000
Denver Broncos +8000 +10000
Indianapolis Colts +8000 +6000
Las Vegas Raiders +8000 +6000
Minnesota Vikings +10000 +20000
Seattle Seahawks +10000 +7500

If you include Tennessee, who lost the back, you have 7 of the top 20 SB favorites with a highly paid back. Shit, that means 3 guys are paid inside the top 10 and don't even play on one of the 20 best teams.

SeattleAddict wrote:
Our problem is on the defensive side. Mainly with the coordinator and corners. Add to that a Russ injury and some bad breaks and it's been a rough year... but the problem isn't with paying Carson.
Again, I pointed out the problem on defense. Again, mismanagement of funds. Pay a box Safety and ask him to play CF and make a MLB that doesn't rush the passer your highest paid player?
all of this yet you can't see that Carson isn't on the list? His cap hit is like $5M, which is HARDLY overpaying, in fact it's a bargain. Our "overpriced" RB is 1/3 the cost of McCaffrey, Kamara or Zeke, but you're acting like he's top 5. The only starting RBs that are cheaper are on rookie deals or just suck. If you don't sign Carson for $5m, you have Penny at $3.5m averaging 1.6 ypc and things are worse... so much worse. If ANYTHING, what hurts is paying Penny, since you get nothing out of him.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:34 pm

Good point, but I wouldn't have paid him at all. I wouldn't give any RB a second contract. Again, I disagree with the way they build this team. You don't pay a RB if you are paying your QB top five or what ever $.

There are too many backs year in and year out in the draft. You don't use a first rounder on one, and if you do? He shouldn't be from a small school and have a style that doesn't fit your scheme. You don't use first round picks on players that don't effect the passing game. There are plenty of MLB available later. You don't reach in the 1st round for an edge rusher that isn't even a fucking edgerusher. You don't reach in the 1st round PERIOD! The biggest reason I was OK with the Adams trade is because I know we would wast the first rounder anyway.

These guys are so desperate to prove their genius, they don't realize how stupid they look. Russ pissed me off this off season, because that shit should have stayed in house...but he's not wrong. They have done dumb ass shit and THIS is what we are left with. A team that last year lost a home playoff game and this year is right now on the outside looking in.

Yet, I still say, with Russ? They are 5 and 3 right now and in the thick of it. We can get annoyed by all the other shit, all the noise, but I do understand why he is frustrated.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:18 pm

I think we all agree they made some colossally bad first round picks recently. In hindsight, they could've picked Chubb, or heck, Lamar Jackson, instead of Penny and the world would be different. I looked and don't see anybody that could've been taken in place of LJ Collier, though. It's just one of those things, where the end of the first round is a crap shoot.

Building a team isn't easy. You have to be both good at evaluating talent AND have luck on your side. You could make a perfect pick and have them get injured, or you could have Bledsoe get hurt and have some low-round QB from Michigan come in to replace him. With the salary cap, you are forced to make some gambles, choosing position groups to skimp and save in order to pay for superstars. Some teams (including the Super Bowl Seahawks) do it by having a great draft or two, but that is actually rare... and almost impossible with late picks.

Anyway, I think it's less some philosophical belief on how to build a team and just kind of reacting to how things break.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:13 am

I disagree. This team is absolutely built in Pete's image. They were 5 and 0 last hear and he admitted he was uncomfortable. This team blew out Atlanta in week 1? Russ threw for 300 plus and 4 scores? And he complained about the run game.

They went from 5 and 0 to 5 and 1 by losing to the cards like 34 to 31. Pete complained about the offense! The same offense that had just scored 31 points. At that point, at 5 and 1, since he couldn't stand that style? He got comfortable. What made him comfortable? Was going from 5 and 0 to 11 and 7. That's right, 5 and 0 made him U comfortable. 6 and 7? Since it was his style? That was all good.

Pete's fingerprints are all over this team. That is why we paid for the back they lucked into with a late round draft pick. Because God knows that won't happen again. That is why he still believes this roster, for no reason at all, can play the same football as the 2014 team.

But, should that be a surprised? Probably not. If Grampa Pete is in charge? Expect this.