Seahawks vs Puckers game thread

Michael K.

Re: Seahawks vs Puckers game thread

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:09 pm

Amazed that after some of the absolute duds this team has had offensively over the years that he still always seems surprised.

Run a dive play to create second and long. Call a low percentage pass play to create third and long. Dump it off to punt. Then throw up your hands like you can't believe that for the 3,000th straight time? That didn't work.

Pete is the only person shocked when his bullshit no longer works. I can hear the voices in his head playing the greatest hits from 2015 over and over again, like all you need is to keep on keeping on. Don't adapt, just stubbornly plug forward and act surprised.

Just looking at the stats, and knowing this game was 0 to 3 into the 4th quarter, and reading and hearing all the talk about Russ struggling...why did we never try to run the ball? We actually had more success than Green Bay with it.

Admittedly, I didn't watch, so maybe our numbers are skewed. But doesn't seem like Collins got too many chances. And finally, let me guess, the game plan was very simple? No imagination in the run game and lots of slow developing pass plays?

Sometimes I wonder if he is so dead set to prove the let Russ Cook crowd wrong that he undermines the offense. Let's be very unimaginative and then blame the passing game for all the three and outs and failures to convert third and long.

Again, I had to run a softball practice, so I didn't watch one snap. I could be way off base.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:13 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:09 pm
Amazed that after some of the absolute duds this team has had offensively over the years that he still always seems surprised.

Run a dive play to create second and long. Call a low percentage pass play to create third and long. Dump it off to punt. Then throw up your hands like you can't believe that for the 3,000th straight time? That didn't work.

Pete is the only person shocked when his bullshit no longer works. I can hear the voices in his head playing the greatest hits from 2015 over and over again, like all you need is to keep on keeping on. Don't adapt, just stubbornly plug forward and act surprised.

Just looking at the stats, and knowing this game was 0 to 3 into the 4th quarter, and reading and hearing all the talk about Russ struggling...why did we never try to run the ball? We actually had more success than Green Bay with it.

Admittedly, I didn't watch, so maybe our numbers are skewed. But doesn't seem like Collins got too many chances. And finally, let me guess, the game plan was very simple? No imagination in the run game and lots of slow developing pass plays?

Sometimes I wonder if he is so dead set to prove the let Russ Cook crowd wrong that he undermines the offense. Let's be very unimaginative and then blame the passing game for all the three and outs and failures to convert third and long.

Again, I had to run a softball practice, so I didn't watch one snap. I could be way off base.
Softball in mid November?? I guess its not the craziest thing that happened this weekend.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:14 pm

Indoor facility. But it was 74 degrees here yesterday!

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:23 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:14 pm
Indoor facility. But it was 74 degrees here yesterday!
Wow, it been nice here too but New England winter is a coming!
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:10 am

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:09 pm

my unprofessional opinion/analysis is that their corners and safeties owned our WRs, so they were able to stack the box. Rather than running into the brick wall, they tried to throw, but RW wasn't his normal self, and their defense really brought it. Also had drops by DK and Homer so really, nobody was 'on' yesterday. Just everything was awful.

I got thinking that the pass to Swain in the end zone would've been caught by OBJ.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:19 am

Like I said, I didn't see it. My description of 1st down dive, second and long low percentage incompletion and 3rd and long give up dump off is just from my memory bank of ingenius Seahawk offense. They should hire Donovan, he is available to consult.

There is ZERO creativity. Watching both of my favorite teams run the ball is irritating as shit. A blind monkey knows what is coming simply based on the formation, down and distance.

douche

Post by douche » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:34 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:19 am
Like I said, I didn't see it. My description of 1st down dive, second and long low percentage incompletion and 3rd and long give up dump off is just from my memory bank of ingenius Seahawk offense. They should hire Donovan, he is available to consult.

There is ZERO creativity. Watching both of my favorite teams run the ball is irritating as shit. A blind monkey knows what is coming simply based on the formation, down and distance.
Totally.

When one thinks back, PC brought in guys like Sherman and Baldwin because he knew them and what they were capable of. It was great, they put together an impressive roster with Wilson, Thomas, Wagner, etc. and the addition of Lynch.

But now? He doesn't have any more knowledge (perhaps less) than everyone else. And it shows.