PC with an EPIC Epiphany! Our worries are over!

D-train

Re: PC with an EPIC Epiphany! Our worries are over!

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:18 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:06 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:04 pm
you would, it being Waldron's responsibility to run the offense certainly him.
Someone in this forum, I can't remember who, used to use one sentence in reference to anything that went on with this team. Wasn't it "take it up with Pete."

I am sorry, if you have watched Jeremy Bates, Darrell Bevel, Brian Schottenheimer and Shane Waldron...and for any minute think they are anything but an extension of PC? You are nucking futs.
:lol: Exactly why I think PC has lost his mind.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:18 pm

I said it all off season, I hoped I was wrong, but my fear was that we hired Jeremy Bevelenheimer. But only because every OC we have had under Pete looks the same. Then they get axed as the fall guy. Waldron will be no different.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:33 pm

so it was Pete that decided not to run the ball Sunday, okay

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:56 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:33 pm
so it was Pete that decided not to run the ball Sunday, okay
Take it up with Pete.

Do the math Don. What do Jeremy Bates, Darrel Bevell and Brian Schottenheimer all have in common? Besides getting fired form here, besides all looking very similar in the game planning or lack their of? They all worked for the same man, the very man who you posted many articles with quotes form Pete saying he was going to do it his way.

This is his way....shitty unimaginative play calling that results in desperation deep shots that aren't available. If it wasn't over and over again, the same shit just different OC? I might buy the bullshit. Not this time. The old man's finger prints are on everything Seahawks.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:59 pm

Maybe PC forgot to tell Shane at the beginning the season that they need to run the ball more and just remembered on Monday. Will be interesting to see what happens Sunday.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:30 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:06 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:04 pm
you would, it being Waldron's responsibility to run the offense certainly him.
Someone in this forum, I can't remember who, used to use one sentence in reference to anything that went on with this team. Wasn't it "take it up with Pete."

I am sorry, if you have watched Jeremy Bates, Darrell Bevel, Brian Schottenheimer and Shane Waldron...and for any minute think they are anything but an extension of PC? You are nucking futs.
Can't disagree.

As an aside, I understand that the draft can be a real crapshoot, and this team historically trades first rounders to stockpile picks. They must have really seen something in Penny, just wonder what it was. That said, PC has final say on everything in SEA.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:47 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:59 pm
Maybe PC forgot to tell Shane at the beginning the season that they need to run the ball more and just remembered on Monday. Will be interesting to see what happens Sunday.
its not about needing to run the ball more, its the offense not responding to what the defense is willing to give them. I don't know enough about football to understand it but it what seems to be implied. Sure Pete is responsible for everything but in terms of the actual flow of the offense, if there was one thing i would think the OC was there for it was to handle that, the progression of plays called in response to the sort of defense the opposition is in. I really no idea what it could be, or if its actually the issue. But it would seem to me something more between RW and Waldron perhaps.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:17 am

That there, they did not take what the defense gave them, somehow with how the plays were called or RW ran things at the line of scrimmage, something didn't seem to work

Waldron pre season on running the offense
Which doesn't mean we're conservative and say dink and dunk all the time, but when are those right opportunities to take completions, having that completion-making mindset, and then moving forward to the next play. Having that good balance as a part of our system as it grows, week-to-week there's different things that present themselves from a defense. Whatever that is that we can take advantage of that week, we'll like to try and do that."

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:17 pm

That was the problem last year and now its the same problem this year. I wonder if the next OC will have the same problem next year
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:26 pm

it seems like one of those deals you don't realize until after the fact, which seems strange, like a pitcher relying on his fastball too much. I don't like to point fingers, it was so and so's fault, but the constant is RW perhaps? This is what I don't understand. Waldron is trying to set a progression of plays but RW is supposed to be reading the defense and can audible out of them.