Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes: 17

Gametime

Re: Is Russ gone after the season?

Post by Gametime » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:54 am

Colt tried and did Run. Now Russ hardly tries. Age, weight, got slower??? It obvious he doesn’t want to run anymore.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:09 pm

Gametime wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:54 am
Colt tried and did Run. Now Russ hardly tries. Age, weight, got slower??? It obvious he doesn’t want to run anymore.
Colt is over two years older than RW. He should make a movie. "White men can run".....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:19 pm

Here is the DPI. Note that Ertz is in the process of jumping with one foot already off the ground and one on his tip toe and doesn't even come close to even touching the ball despite being minimally hindered by Adams. So Adams knows if he does what he did its a LOCK for a PI and game over but if he plays it clean at least there is a chance that it is incomplete. And it turned out to be a 100% chance that it was incomplete. As physically talented as these guys are a lot of them are just dumb.
DPI.JPG
DPI.JPG (23.37 KiB) Viewed 551 times
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:18 pm

You ever tried to jump with an NFL SS wrapped around your waist? It effects the play, if the rolls were reversed there is zero chance one single Seahawk fan is talking about it as a mistake by the defense. That was a great route by the TE and is a TD if he isn't grabbed. Sorry, you are literally the only person that has mentioned this even once. The game is over if he doesn't interfere.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:51 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:18 pm
You ever tried to jump with an NFL SS wrapped around your waist? It effects the play, if the rolls were reversed there is zero chance one single Seahawk fan is talking about it as a mistake by the defense. That was a great route by the TE and is a TD if he isn't grabbed. Sorry, you are literally the only person that has mentioned this even once. The game is over if he doesn't interfere.
He is off the ground. He is 6' 5" 250lb white guy not Michael Jordan. He doesn't even come close to touching it and even though his left hand is free he doesn't even try to raise it. 100% chance of a PI. I'm not going to say there is zero chance he catches it but it is far less than 100% imo.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:01 pm

It does look like Adams may have not been able to see how far off target the pass was because he was behind a guy that is like 6 inches taller than him. So not sure what can be done there. Too bad we don't have any tall guys that can jump to throw too.
dt

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:04 pm

This whole team is a cluster.

Russ is more about legacy and the his brand. I think he wants to go to a team that focuses on his throwing and a city that can help his brand
Pete has zero idea how to coach the Seahawks without an elite D. He is lost
John's draft picking borderline sucks now and over the past several years. And his last trade and signing literally has sunk the team.

What to do? Rebuild, with John and Pete? Do you want John to have more draft picks? Holy crap. Pete to run the show in the rebuild? a nt 71 does he want to rebuild. Russ already said the oline sucks "in his russ speak"

So many gaping holes. Will Russ force his way out? I think he will. I bet he is done with Pete like Sherm, Bennett, and the rest of the crew was.

So many holes and not enough draft picks to fix:

1. No Running back. Please, Carson hasn't had a 100 yard game in years. And is absolutely injury prone. Penny :)
2. We are fine at WR, more than fine really good with the 2. But, it's a matter of time before Diva DK shows its ugly head and forces his way out. Dee is injury prone too.
3. Oline has father time on it, no left tackle in waiting, no center, and RT sucks. LG and RG ok.
4. TE is OK. Everett is solid. Dissley is a 3rd stringer at best. Blocker by trade and has been beaten over and over this year.
5. DL is a hot mess. No real good DE, Taylor is close. Green is a slow DE good rotational player. Carlos is hardly on the field. Alton? Benson, Hyder, the rest are not good. DT Mone, Woods, and Poona solid rotation. Nothing special.
6. LB Old and OK. Bobby solid tackler but at 18 million is severely over paid now. Brooks, can't cover worth crap. Can be solid, but honestly I see nothing special in him. And next to nothing behind him. Bad drafting by John here. Cody?? No thanks.
7. DB oh boy. Reed fine, Brown can't stay healthy. Missed a ton of time in the off season then gets hurt twice when he came back. FA pickups sucked. And jones trade looks fantastic. Ugo and Blair (another guy who is absolutely injury prone) Ok in the nickel.
8. Safety is just fine if we keep Diggs. Diggs is an absolute star. Beyond fantastic trade by John. Adams trade is horrific. Especially now that it will be a top 10 pick. Kyle Hamilton at safety would look beyond awesome. But, no we are stuck with a 17.5 million dollar safety that can't cover, can't rush the passer, and makes very few plays now for 2 1st round picks and a 3rd. Talks a bunch of crap and back it up with??? crickets. Thanks John and Pete for that fantastic player. Hugh Millen broke down his sacks last year. Those 9.5 sacks came at a huge cost. It's like a gambler saying I won a 20 thousand bucks. Won some big pots, just didn't tell you that it cost him 40 grand to win those pots. That is Adams sacks. Neal is an awesome backup. So, we are stuck with Adams. Keep diggs and we will be fine. Diggs will makeup for Adams crap.

So, if you are Russ would you want to stay here? Hell I am a lifelong Seahawk fan and looking at us going forward I am depressed. I have little to no faith in John's drafting now. Proven year and year out he can't draft anymore. Was fantastic at the beginning and absolute sucks now. Penny, collier, Cody, ugo, Blair, Green, Brooks, Alton, Taylor, DK, Punter, Dee, Brown, Stone, Thompson, Hill, LG, Posic, Dissley, Parkinson, J Reed, Dallas, Homer,Carson. Looks fantastic

Will old man Pete come around and fix all of this?

I just don't see how Russ stays. He will force his way out. And DK will be next. sad but true in my opinion.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:08 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:51 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:18 pm
He is off the ground. He is 6' 5" 250lb white guy not Michael Jordan. He doesn't even come close to touching it and even though his left hand is free he doesn't even try to raise it. 100% chance of a PI. I'm not going to say there is zero chance he catches it but it is far less than 100% imo.
Watching it at full speed, and even on replay, I saw nothing to suggest that Ertz doesn't catch his third one yard TD without getting grabbed. Funny thing about jumping with an NFL SS wrapped around your waist...you don't go as high! :lol:

Great route, and a great route concept. I don't see what many in here saw, that Adams blew the coverage. Some times, offensive coaches come up with good plays. I know that is hard to believe as Seahawk fans, but it happens. A buddy of mine texted and wanted to know why in the hell we went man up there. Ertz is a tough cover for anyone, but for a SS, on a quick design like that? No clue, I promise you my buddy knows more about all of this than I do, but in my opinion? Unless Adams is able to really jam him at the line? PI or TD were the only alternatives from that set against that defensive design.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:17 pm

Jesus, the Hugh Milled break down again. We took a LB off the field for a DB, but then used a DB to rush the passer. SO, we rushed five, with six in coverage, but two of those six were LBs. Imagine, a nickel defense without an extra DB!? Yep, was all on Adams. Take two of the fucking LBs of the field and wow...we have an extra DB to cover the receivers. What a concept....I believe you call that a nickel formation. Shit, add another DB and you call that a dime! It was invented in like the late 80s. Someone should tell Pete and Ken.

Nowhere in the history of football has a pass rusher been blamed for a lack of coverage behind him. But Hugh Milled gets one hard on and this forum has been lapping it up for an entire calendar year. Adams is a fucking LB when rushing the passer, so what they did was essentially play a fucking four three defense and blitz a LB and wonder why the soft coverage behind was exposed. Yeah Hugh, had to be because Adams wasn't back there in coverage. Since covering WRs is what makes him the player he is.

I wonder how many times Lawrence Taylor had to apologize because the guys behind him gave up a reception when he blitzed? Especially if it was a bunch of LBs getting beat. Yep, it was Adams fault that we asked KJ and Bobby to cover WRs! More than once last year KJ was split out wide playing Corner. What a fantastic play design. If that fucking Adams wasn't here that would have all changed.

Jesus. Do the math dude. Take a LB off the field for a CB and then blitz the SS. If it is still this hard I will do it for you. That means you rush four down lineman and a SS. That leaves 2 LBs, 3 CBs and a Safety in coverage. That, for all of you that weren't following along before, means you have four DBs in coverage. Base defense on passing downs, and it gets exposed, and somehow!? That is because the SS was asked to blitz. NO, it was because we kept two LBs in coverage. Take KJ, Bobby or fucking both of them off the field...I wonder if maybe extra guys that get paid to cover would have helped out?

A Pro Bowl box safety was the problem last year...and now, a Pro Bowl box safety is being asked to play CF, and it is still his fault. This scheme is horseshit. We paid a guy who is essentially a LB and are asking him to play deep safety, and shaking our heads because it doesn't work. It is almost as if we took one of the best pass catching TEs in football and asked him to play with his hand in the dirt.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:28 pm

I agree with the overall scheme. Norton and Pete think they have our two stud Safeties, KJ and Bobby in their prime, and Avril and Bennett on the edges still. I agree. But, Adams in the box was an issue---Adams in coverage is an issue. So, Adams is a serious issue.

Ok Michael, you are so much better at breaking it down then Millen. I am not a Husky, but I do think Millen is pretty good. Outside his assessment of Russ when he came out.

So many excuses by so many for Adams. You are just one more. Yes the scheme sucks. Yes other players suck. But, so does Adams. Last years excuses was injuries, now what. Now he can get home blitzing either. None of that is on Adams. You are correct it's all scheme. How can Diggs makes plays in the scheme? You are cherry picking. Adams couldn't cover last year, and low and behold he can't again this year. Wow, that is scheme. Look at him 1 on 1. Beat over and over and over. Oh yeah, scheme. Nothing on him. How about his blitzing, yes it is less. But, does he get there? How many sacks? How many qb hits? How many TFL. Dude has been ineffective. But, it's all scheme.

Sorry, Adams has sucked and the overall scheme too. But, I think Millen is correct. And I will believe him far more than you for sure. It isn't gospel, but my eyes see Adams sucking it up getting knocked off by Cooper Kupp on blocks. Beat by WR, RB, TE in coverage. Getting home next to zero times when he blitzes. But, it's all coverage.