No
24%

Total votes: 17

Michael K.

Re: Is Russ gone after the season?

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:45 pm

Gametime wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:25 pm

Box safties still have to cover TE and RB. So, the problem remains. He can't cover. He literally can't 1.5 years has shown that in spades. Deep, short, in the box, out of the box. He can't cover. The excuse last year was that his shoulder was bad, his finger was bad, his groin was bad. Then this year hits. Same issues. If he doesn't blitz on every single play he can't get sacks and put him anywhere on the field he can't cover.

Well, what besides scheme has changed from his time in New York when he graded out as elite? If it is injuries, how do you fault the organization or him for that?
Gametime wrote:
Box Safety still has to cover. Kam was a box safety and learned how to cover. Adams talks a big game, talks a bunch of trash. And literally brings nothing now. Still has to cover. Put him at LB (not a box safety) still has to cover. It is what it is. He can't cover WR, RB, or TE. It doesn't matter scheme or position. He can't cover. I see it, Hugh sees it, Jake sees it, PFF focus sees it. Norton can't adjust and Pete and John absolutely can't admit they screwed the pooch on this trade. There is a reason that John is refusing to be interviewed.

Again, NO ONE saw it until he got here. What is different? All you do is come in here and bash the guy, explain to me why he can no longer cover? Do you honestly believe he came here and forgot? Sorry dude, this scheme is fucking horseshit. NO ONE CAN COVER!
Gametime wrote:
If Adams can't learn how to cover, this contract and the defense with Adams being the pretend leader is in trouble.
Name someone on this defense right now that is lights out in coverage. Then, since you can't, tell me what they all have in common? The guy was an All Pro in New York. When he was traded here we all laughed as the Jets DC said we wouldn't know how to use him and he wouldn't fit this scheme. Who's laughing now?

Just another fancy new toy that Pete and John had to have even thought they didn't know how to play with it. Yep, that has never happened before. Must be that a fucking All Pro forgot how to play the fucking game in one season.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:02 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:45 pm
Gametime wrote:

Box safties still have to cover TE and RB. So, the problem remains. He can't cover. He literally can't 1.5 years has shown that in spades. Deep, short, in the box, out of the box. He can't cover. The excuse last year was that his shoulder was bad, his finger was bad, his groin was bad. Then this year hits. Same issues. If he doesn't blitz on every single play he can't get sacks and put him anywhere on the field he can't cover.

Well, what besides scheme has changed from his time in New York when he graded out as elite? If it is injuries, how do you fault the organization or him for that?
Gametime wrote:
Box Safety still has to cover. Kam was a box safety and learned how to cover. Adams talks a big game, talks a bunch of trash. And literally brings nothing now. Still has to cover. Put him at LB (not a box safety) still has to cover. It is what it is. He can't cover WR, RB, or TE. It doesn't matter scheme or position. He can't cover. I see it, Hugh sees it, Jake sees it, PFF focus sees it. Norton can't adjust and Pete and John absolutely can't admit they screwed the pooch on this trade. There is a reason that John is refusing to be interviewed.

Again, NO ONE saw it until he got here. What is different? All you do is come in here and bash the guy, explain to me why he can no longer cover? Do you honestly believe he came here and forgot? Sorry dude, this scheme is fucking horseshit. NO ONE CAN COVER!
Gametime wrote:
If Adams can't learn how to cover, this contract and the defense with Adams being the pretend leader is in trouble.
Name someone on this defense right now that is lights out in coverage. Then, since you can't, tell me what they all have in common? The guy was an All Pro in New York. When he was traded here we all laughed as the Jets DC said we wouldn't know how to use him and he wouldn't fit this scheme. Who's laughing now?

Just another fancy new toy that Pete and John had to have even thought they didn't know how to play with it. Yep, that has never happened before. Must be that a fucking All Pro forgot how to play the fucking game in one season.
Diggs can cover, Reed can cover, Bobby can cover 100000 times better than Adams--then again the bar is low. ETc.

Again Michael, so many others say different than you. My own eyes say different. You bring up the Jets, and a safety with 2 picks while there shows little ball skills to me. Scheme sucks I agree. But, we will have to agree to disagree on Adams sucks in coverage. I think he does and you think its scheme. Agree to disagree.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:13 pm

So, you watched him cover while with the Jets? I never said he is good in coverage, you are missing the entire point. I am asking you WHY is he NO LONGER good in coverage? He isn't a fit. They had to have him anyway.

Not sure if you were in here the year they traded for him, but it was actually a hot topic. What Williams said about him when he left New York, what Pete said as a response...blah blah. Turns out Greg Williams was right, Pere has no idea how to use him.

Stop telling me he can't cover, no on is debating you that he struggles in coverage. What you REPEATEDLY ignore in your hate filled rants all over the place in here is WHY? If you can tell me that you agree with PFF, then go look at his grades in New York and tell me, why does he suck now?

Again, is it more likely that he forgot how to do something he has done his entire life, or is it more likely that just like Jimmy and Percy and many more....Pete had to have a toy he doesn't know how to play with?

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Dude, no matter what coverage he is in over the last 1.5 years he can't cover. I don't know what in the hell you are watching.

In the box, zone, man to man, etc. He struggles. So the lame Scheme thing you say over and over isn't true.

Then again, PFF says it--Hugh says it-etc. But, I should believe you?????

In Seattle Michael he can't cover. I don't care what he did in NY. 1.5 years he has proved over and over he can't cover.

Believe what you want. He has struggled in every single type coverage. Make what ever excuse you feel you need. I will take my opinion from what I watch, what I read on PFF, listen to others (Hugh, Jake, and others) Take that all in. And in 1.5 years here, he can't cover.

If you don't like what I am saying Ignore, scroll past, whatever. It isn't hard to move on. Don't respond. It is ok.

For me watching Adams strut around like he is a super stud and doing literally nothing. Claiming he is the best and he can't cover or now qb pressure, and literally doing next to nothing. He is absolutely hurting this defense. Outside the DE's he is the biggest player problem on the defense and arguably on the team. Demanding to be the highest paid safety in the league or hold out and can't rush the passer, can't cover, can't get many TFL. Sorry, he is an issue. And can't cover as a safety making that much is crazy.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:39 pm

Didn't PFF give him good coverage grades his last 2 years with the Jets?

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:57 pm

Sib, yes in 2 of his 3 years. 2 really good and 1 really bad.

I am only talking about his 1.5 years here. I guess the real proof in the pudding will be going forward to see what his true ability is. His 1.5 years in my view is he very bad in coverage. I think he can't cover. But, i think more appropriate I should say "is bad in coverage as a Seahawk".

douche

Post by douche » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:08 pm

Gametime wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:57 pm

I am only talking about his 1.5 years here. I guess the real proof in the pudding will be going forward to see what his true ability is. His 1.5 years in my view is he very bad in coverage. I think he can't cover. But, i think more appropriate I should say "is bad in coverage as a Seahawk".
So if he's 'bad in coverage as a Seahawk', does that not hint at the scheme, or lack thereof?

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:27 pm

douche wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:08 pm
Gametime wrote:

So if he's 'bad in coverage as a Seahawk', does that not hint at the scheme, or lack thereof?
Absolutely like Michael has said schemes are part of the problem for sure. But, when he is bad in man coverage, in the box coverage, etc. It's more than scheme. I think this is where PFF does do a good job. They do look at the variations to it. Hugh has done an awesome job explaining it too. Jake (who has praised Adams all season) even said this.

It isn't 1 way or the other. Scheme and person are at fault. I fall with Hugh on this. It is more on Adams than scheme. Adams has been bad in multiple schemes. It is contributory negligence in my mind. Both at are at fault, in this case there is more fault with Adams.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:47 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:39 pm
Didn't PFF give him good coverage grades his last 2 years with the Jets?
That is all I am saying. Gametime refuses to answer. It is HIGHLY possible we don't know how to use him.

I mean, he goes from Pro Bowler to dogshit, but, couldn't possibly be he didn't fit what we do?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:49 pm

Gametime wrote:

1.5 more years in this scheme? I am willing to bet he is still bad in coverage.