Re: Seahawks vs Cardigans game thread

Post by douche » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:25 pm

Gametime wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:01 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:32 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:16 pm
I totally agree with all those but putting that aside how does a professional athlete in his mid-twenties literally get injured after every single play. I've never had a tight hamstring in my life in 45 years of playing sports
You are lucky then. Once it happens it can be an issue for ever. Comparing weekend softball or YMCA Rec basketball to what these guys do isn't fair.

I will also say this, sometimes when I was in the best shape of my life is when the injuries occured. By the end of rec league basketball I could run all day, would just be conditioned to it by then. Back then I would always get real lean, drop body fat easily, because once November hit I played basketball four or five times a week. I pulled more muscles at that point then when I wasn't in great shape. You can run more, play longer, the injuries are more apt to happen.

I can also tell you this, pull a hamstring and it will be a long time before you are busting out of the box to let out triples. I spent a lot of time jogging into second and flipping the first base coach the bird as he said "get three" once I had a hammy injury or two. They just don't go away.

He is obviously an elite athlete. You don't play FCS football without being an elite athlete, let alone play for SD State. He just wasn't a first round talent. If he was drafted where Carson was? Very few would have paid attention.

That was a RB heavy draft. Besides Chubb, who has panned out? RBs are that way. If Penny is a bust, what is Barkley? The best player in that draft was probably an Offensive Guard that is now, wait for it, injured a lot. After him? The Bills were laughed at for Josh Allen and at 7 he now looks like a steal!

I honestly can't remember if we traded back, but the two guys I wanted? One has pretty much drank his way out of the league and the other is on mental leave! The draft is a crap shoot. Chubb would have worked out. Otherwise? We would have needed to take Lamar or maybe Wil Hernandez or Courtland Sutton? As much as we complain about the first day misses, and I am the loudest complainer, it has been the lack of strength later in rounds that have killed us. We were always rather head scratchy with early picks, but made up for it later. Now? Not so much. Maybe there is some truth to Pete Carroll being too far removed from the recruiting trail?
Saquon wasn't a bust, not worth #2 but not a bust. 1300 yard season and 11 TDs and another 1000 season and 6 TDs. Not a bust, not worth 2 either. But not a bust. I am sure you are referring Nelson the 3 time first team all pro who until this year has played every game and has played 8 games this year. But your point on the later rounds is correct. Too many misses and not enough depth. I also think the top 4 rounds over the last 7 years has been pretty bad and the result of us having to trade for multiple onlineman, multiple safeties, and DE is the issues. And having to scrounge for CBs. But, the bad drafting 1-4 have been really bad:

2014-2021 1st thru 4th round
1st-Penny, Collier, Ifedi, Brooks
2nd-Richardson, Britt, Clark, Malik, Pocic, Blair, DK, Taylor, Dee
3rd -Lockett, Prosise, Griffin, Nazir, Hill Darboh, Green, Barton, lewis
4th-Marsh, Norwood, Piere-Lewis, Poole, Glowinski, Thompson, Dissly, Jennings, Haynes, Ugo, Colby,Dallas,Brown

Instead we have to get FA/Trades to Fill all of the drafting misses.

Safties-trade for both
CB-1 drafted, 1 traded, 1 FA
LB-Drafted top 3
DE-drafted Green, Taylor, and LJ--FA (even though had him first) Benson, Hyder--traded for Dunlap
DT-UDFA, Drated, FA, FA

Oline-trade, trade, drafted, drafted, FA
QB-enough said
TE-FA, drafted, drafted
RB-drafted, FA, drafted, drafted
WR-all Drafted or udfa who play.

Michael, you are correct big time in the misses in the lower rounds. John hit them a lot early. And the RB class you are correct also, not very good. Sony has had two 900 yard seasons. But, for a 1st that's not enough.

We can argue all day on the problems. There are so many. Not 1 person is responsible. Pete is the most responsible, he hires all the coaches and OC and DC (norton has something on Pete), and supervises John. So, Pete is where the answer lies.

So many problems-highest paid players Top 3 have major issues
HC has major issues
Asst. Coaches have major issues
John S. has major issues
Ownership has major issues.

Every single angle of this team has issues. Sad, sad, sad
Bingo! PC has final say on EVERYTHING football related in SEA. And if he isn't held accountable, then how can anyone else be?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:05 pm

Gametime wrote:

Yikes, Ifedi might be the best of the bunch!
Gametime wrote:
Richardson was a head scratcher. Tiny WR, I mean TINY. The dude had to run around in the shower to get wet. Britt wasn't bad, not good, but not bad. I will skip Malik, Pocic has been decent, I think Blair could be something but can't stay healthy, jury out on Dee, but not a good start. Tayler and DK are great picks. The second hasn't really been that bad lately.

Gametime wrote:
3rd -Lockett, Prosise, Griffin, Nazir, Hill Darboh, Green, Barton,
After Lockett? Yikes.

Gametime wrote:
4th-Marsh, Norwood, Piere-Lewis, Poole, Glowinski, Thompson, Dissly, Jennings, Haynes, Ugo,
Yuck

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:33 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:05 pm
Gametime wrote:

Yikes, Ifedi might be the best of the bunch!
Gametime wrote:
Richardson was a head scratcher. Tiny WR, I mean TINY. The dude had to run around in the shower to get wet. Britt wasn't bad, not good, but not bad. I will skip Malik, Pocic has been decent, I think Blair could be something but can't stay healthy, jury out on Dee, but not a good start. Tayler and DK are great picks. The second hasn't really been that bad lately.

Gametime wrote:
3rd -Lockett, Prosise, Griffin, Nazir, Hill Darboh, Green, Barton,
After Lockett? Yikes.

Gametime wrote:
4th-Marsh, Norwood, Piere-Lewis, Poole, Glowinski, Thompson, Dissly, Jennings, Haynes, Ugo,
Yuck
Scary that Ifedi maybe the best is correct John has wasted draft after draft. Brooks as a first rounder is laughable. He was a 1 trick pony in college at TT. I saw him live twice in college, solid tackler for sure. But, was ok on blitzing and couldn't cover then either (wasn't asked to a lot, but the Big 12 throws a ton so he had to underneath cover a ton). 1 trick pony at the NFL too. Huh. thanks John for more crappy drafting.

John and WR drafting boom or bust. Nothing in between. Lockett and DK grand slams. Jennings, darboh, richardson is like striking out while the pitcher is underhand rolling the ball to the plate.

Malik had red flags all over in college (non atv related) but he still drafted him. Can we give a D for Dline drafting? Collier, Malik, Hill, Green, Nazir, Marsh, Clark, Reed 2 real players and a backup who has been cut a gazillion times in Marsh.

Oline drafting sucks.

RB Drafting sucks.

Sad to see John turn out so bad. What level has he drafted well at over the last 7 years?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:10 pm

Brooks was a John and Pete guy, they saw the next Bobby. Because they haven't figured out that it isn't 2014 anymore. We are getting our ass kicked because we think everyone plays the game like we do. Basic run plays and deep shots. You do NOT draft a RB in the first round and you do NOT draft a defender in the first round that doesn't rush the passer or cover a receiver. A MLB? Fucking stupid.

I don't think Brooks sucks, but you don't use a first round pick on a guy that in a perfect world wouldn't be on the field on passing downs.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:38 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:10 pm
Brooks was a John and Pete guy, they saw the next Bobby. Because they haven't figured out that it isn't 2014 anymore. We are getting our ass kicked because we think everyone plays the game like we do. Basic run plays and deep shots. You do NOT draft a RB in the first round and you do NOT draft a defender in the first round that doesn't rush the passer or cover a receiver. A MLB? Fucking stupid.

I don't think Brooks sucks, but you don't use a first round pick on a guy that in a perfect world wouldn't be on the field on passing downs.
Good points I agree. A 1 trick pony players are difficult to take in the 1st round. Later on, fine. These picks are too valuable. I am happy with his speed, so he doesn't suck I agree. He can be solid, but to me it is another 1st round pick that isn't impactful in a positive matter. Problem he is been impactful in a negative sense. If you take a MLB in the first round he better be dynamic. Or the potential to be dynamic.