Ownership

douche

Ownership

Post by douche » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:42 pm

With Paul Allen gone, this team is in a downward spiral. I'm not sure how much interest Ms. Allen has in football but she signed Carroll to the fat extension so he can deal with it. Fair enough. But Carroll has to be accountable to someone. For a guy receiving $11 million annual compensation and the final say on all football things related, he doesn't appear to have a clue.

As another poster mentioned, it must be the coaching. There is plenty of talent on this team. We've seen other coaches extract more from less. But not in SEA. It would be interesting to see what Vrabel would do with this team. Alas, how much more of this ineptness can ownership tolerate? This head coach seems lost and unable to prepare his team for a contest. I think his shelf life has expired.

Mind-boggling.

Gametime

Re: Ownership

Post by Gametime » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:47 pm

I think it really started on how Pete had the team ready and prepared for the playoffs the last several years. Telling. So many run, run, run and then Russ save us later mode Pete was in. Especially in the playoffs.

Sad to see us nose dive so fast.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:35 pm

Gametime wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:47 pm
I think it really started on how Pete had the team ready and prepared for the playoffs the last several years. Telling. So many run, run, run and then Russ save us later mode Pete was in. Especially in the playoffs.

My theory is the team is fractured. I think you now have Pete guys or Russ guys, not Seahawks. I heard the pre game guys yesterday were mentioning they think they are both gone. I think Russ stays if Pete retires and moves upstairs. Just a feeling I have. No real proof.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:56 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:35 pm
Gametime wrote:

My theory is the team is fractured. I think you now have Pete guys or Russ guys, not Seahawks. I heard the pre game guys yesterday were mentioning they think they are both gone. I think Russ stays if Pete retires and moves upstairs. Just a feeling I have. No real proof.
I wonder if Pete has guys...other than Dave Wyman of course.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:04 pm

I think it started when Bennett and Sherman tuned him out. They were tired of listening to the same old rhetoric week in and week out. And they probably weren't the only ones.

Holmgren was with the Seahawks for 8 years and then his time was up. Allen knew they had to move on. PC has been here for 10+ years, it's probably time for him to move on. He had a great run, but it's over. Especially if the team is divided.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:45 pm

The funny thing is, many believe Sherm and Bennett were mostly pissed about preferential treatment provided for Russ. Imagine years later, the guy everyone thought was the teacher's pet is now the one feuding with the teacher.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:46 pm

Obviously that is just a theory of mine. I will say this, if you watch Pete Carroll cut off reporters and leave his press conference yesterday, I don't think you see a guy that looks like he can't wait to coach another five years.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:56 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:35 pm
Gametime wrote:

I wonder if Pete has guys...other than Dave Wyman of course.
DT, you hit it on the head. Dave "homer" Wyman. I just can't stand listening to his crap. The rest of the announcers fine. He just embodies homerism.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:36 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:45 pm
The funny thing is, many believe Sherm and Bennett were mostly pissed about preferential treatment provided for Russ. Imagine years later, the guy everyone thought was the teacher's pet is now the one feuding with the teacher.
Enabling has caused this. Preferential treatment for sure. Spoiled kid turning on his parents, causing problems. Never seen that anywhere in society before.