Jody and RW

D-train

Re: Jody and RW

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:40 pm

Yeah if we trade RW we will be terrible for 5 years and will never find a good qb or we could end up like the Pats.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:11 am

Man, I remember that finish, and I remember the second half of the Atlanta game thinking, this could be something special. Turns out it was, just not for very long.

Who knew the Atlanta game was a microcosm of everything good and bad with Pete Carroll’s teams? Just about every playoff loss has been just like that. Non have ever left me feeling positive besides that one. Man, the future was so bright...now one ring and one dynasty demolishing play later? Here we are.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:48 pm

trharder wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:10 pm
douche wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:09 pm
People like to complain about a GM (or coach) that isn't getting it done, but NOBODY is batting 1.000. Nobody. And for those who think that Schneider is not a good GM, consider this... It's Carroll who has final say on EVERYTHING football related in SEA. Everything that is right and wrong with this team is on him. And as I mentioned, I think his shelf life has expired. That being said, suggest a better replacement. Coaches can be a real roll of the dice as well.
So fire Pete, keep JS and RW and the Seahawks turn it around?

Pete is the easy scapegoat as being old, recently unsuccessful and reported to be head dick in charge. With it looking sketchy as a hell for a awhile now and this year a shit show, there doesn't seem much to lose to fire him. But it's probably more likely he retires than gets fired, given the hands-off ownership.

As for Schneider how the hell can we know how much he's to blame when reportedly Pete has the final say? If it's Pete's fault, then JS is guilty of being a yes man dick sucker - metaphorically speaking. If JS really is acting as a full fledged GM, he's made some bad calls, possibly the most egregious being trading the future for Jamal Adams . I'm skeptical firing Pete and keeping JS results in JS becoming the boy wonder again.

If we assume we can keep RW if want to - do we want to. Early in RWs career it looked like RW was making a structurally weak offense work with his hustle and athleticism. Auro points out that may be failing him. Makes sense actually. The brief Geno Smith era provides an experiment. With Geno in there against a decent pass rush, he looked just horrible, even for a weak backup. The one game he starts against a weak defense, he's dropping dimes all over the place and the Seahawks win easily. So for me, the question is: Is RW worth Franchise QB money if he can't overcome a bad O-line anymore. How did Pete and JS not see this coming?

So fire Pete, keep JS and RW and the Seahawks turn it around? Not what I said. Still need a coach. Who replaces PC? Who knows?

As for Schneider how the hell can we know how much he's to blame when reportedly Pete has the final say? If it's Pete's fault, then JS is guilty of being a yes man dick sucker - metaphorically speaking.
You would have to ask ownership why it's set up that way.

How did Pete and JS not see this coming? Great question. I think PC got so used to RW bailing them out that he simply avoided it. Human nature, really.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:26 am

Wilson is too short, doesn't run, doesn't play like a top echelon QB anymore & Pete is past his prime. This league is geared towards offense. Sorry Pete. Look at McVay & Shanny, way more creative, better talent plain & simple. Would I be sad if they both left yes. Do I believe the head coach should have full control, I mean their the one running the team right. Even Pittsburgh through all its history at some point moved on from Bill Cowher maybe it's time Seattle did the same.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:50 am

I don’t know what is wrong, but I will say this. Right now? Russ is very bad. VERY bad.

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:30 am

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:26 am
Wilson is too short, doesn't run, doesn't play like a top echelon QB anymore & Pete is past his prime. This league is geared towards offense. Sorry Pete. Look at McVay & Shanny, way more creative, better talent plain & simple. Would I be sad if they both left yes. Do I believe the head coach should have full control, I mean their the one running the team right. Even Pittsburgh through all its history at some point moved on from Bill Cowher maybe it's time Seattle did the same.
But, in this metaphor, is Pete Bill Cowher or Mike Tomlin?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:15 pm

I was hoping for something a little more juicy here but at least she is involved. Salk deduces that because we won the game everything is great now and firing Pete would be crazy.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1540140/ ... -seahawks/
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:17 pm

Salk: :roll: :roll: :roll: Not even going address how dumb this is.
“Well, I tell you what, if she’s thinking about the coaches… you don’t fire leaders unless A, you think you’ve got specifically a better one out there, or B, they’ve lost their locker room and lost the ability to lead,” Salk said. “You can’t watch that game and tell me Pete Carroll’s lost anything.”
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:44 pm

Carroll may not have lost much, the problem is that he hasn't gained much (i.e. an understanding of how the NFL has evolved over the past decade and the ability to evolve with it).

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:23 pm

dt