Jody and RW

Michael K.

Re: Jody and RW

Post by Michael K. » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:23 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:20 pm

Even with PC, we only went one season before they found RW.
I am beginning to think there is something to all the stories about how Pete had an advantage at the draft coming from college as he recruited all those kids and then scouted, coached or coached against them. It really does amaze me some of the draft moves we make. They make no sense for any team most of the time, and even less sense for us.

It will drive Aurora nuts, but go back and look at the draft results and just look at the players we passed on to take some of the first round reaches.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:28 pm

Don't worry we are going to see a big day from our fav first round pick!!!!
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:29 pm

Fucking twilight zone these guys live in. 13th game of the season.

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2021/ ... to-season/
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:49 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:29 pm

There is an article below that talking about the 8 bad draft picks that ruined this season. The picture of LJ shows him dancing on field. Must have been a time he was stonewalled in his pass rush, stood at the LOS and grabbed the QB a foot behind the LOS for a “sack”. That guy is terrible. How they ever looked at him and saw edge rusher is beyond me,

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:52 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:49 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:29 pm

There is an article below that talking about the 8 bad draft picks that ruined this season. The picture of LJ shows him dancing on field. Must have been a time he was stonewalled in his pass rush, stood at the LOS and grabbed the QB a foot behind the LOS for a “sack”. That guy is terrible. How they ever looked at him and saw edge rusher is beyond me,
Remember, he had a great Sr. Bowl! A God damn exhibition game.
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:02 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:06 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:12 am
Yeah, the LAST guys I want talking anything about Seattle Sports is that coffee Czar mother fucker or his family.

Everyone hates Bennet, and so do I, but I hate Stern more....and my disdain for a son of a bitch that made his billions off Seattle and then turned his back is greater than either combined. Asshole, then he tries to act all surprised afterwards, like he was shocked by what happened? Hate that fucker with the fire of two suns.

BTW, I have not spent on cent at a Starbucks since. If someone buys me a GC, I have no choice. But I will walk to a Denny's and drink their drip coffee before I spend on dime with that place.
Totally agree. I never get why people blame Bennett for going out and getting his city a team. It was so fucking obvious from day one. Chris Hansen was set to be a hero if he had moved the Kings here.

When Howard says he had no idea they were going to move the team to OKC he is either an idiot or a liar or both.

Following Hurricane Katrina the Pelicans or whatever they were at the time had to play their home games in OKC and it was a raving success. So obvious that Bennett planned to replicate that by moving the Sonics.

The other villain is Ballmer who said was too busy running Microsoft into the ground to buy them. For what he paid for the Clippers, he could bought the team but the greatest arena in human history and provided free tickets for a decade.
The farcity of ANY claim of surprise was definitively exposed with the revelation of the official letter Schultz insisted Clay sign saying they wouldnt move the team without first making a "good faith" effort with the city to keep them in Seattle. That he even needed to get that in writing is tell-tale proof he was aware of the possibility (or more accurately, 90+% probability).

douche

Post by douche » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:54 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:23 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:20 pm

Even with PC, we only went one season before they found RW.
I am beginning to think there is something to all the stories about how Pete had an advantage at the draft coming from college as he recruited all those kids and then scouted, coached or coached against them. It really does amaze me some of the draft moves we make. They make no sense for any team most of the time, and even less sense for us.

It will drive Aurora nuts, but go back and look at the draft results and just look at the players we passed on to take some of the first round reaches.
Right or wrong, I've been saying this for years. PC knew guys like Sherman and Baldwin, he was plugged right into the college scene. But once that faded away, well...